Marvel's WandaVision on Disney+

mdmost

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 11/12/2020 at 12:26 PM, NOMAAA said:

wonder if it will be like mando or if they will release them all at once.  probably the former.

It will be like Mando.  First one is Friday.

The Marvel Legends is a good solution to the problem of the audience potentially not having seen all 20 movies and is a good refresher for the many that will have only seen most of the movies once.  It helps open the potential audience up.  They are ~10 minute montages of the movies hitting the key points.  The first two, appropriately, are on Wanda and Vision.  

I think this is going to be good.  Can't wait.  

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Oh they dropped 2 episodes? 

Yeah, didn’t realize they were doing that until yesterday. It goes back to a nice a week after this. I assume it is partly because the citcom spoofs were only 30 minutes minus the commercials.

Was entertaining and different. 

I enjoyed it. The take off on 50s/60s sitcoms was great. Then they throw in some nice twist or moment of darkness that seem similar to a Twilight Zone episode. 

Based on where her powers come from, the parallel to Thanos' reality stone reveal in episode 2 was pretty cool. 

Dottie is Anya from Buffy the Vampire Slayer which is a cool choice given Anya was a vengeance demon who granted the wishes of scorned women. 

Edited by mdmost

So lots of communist sub tones through the first 2 episodes.

Lots of Easter eggs which is fun. Had to do a refresher on SWORD which would be an appropriate tie in given Dr.Strange and also Nick Fury moving on from SHIELD and into the universe and skrull monitoring. Also lots of AIM and hydra references.

I’m hooked. Looks like next week will be a Brady bunch decade

hopefully we a get a 3's company style ep soon.  already done dick van dyke (vision navigating the chair carrying wanda was a nice touch) and mary tyler moore shows, with bewitched credits. 

i had to find a nerd blog to explain all the references, like the beekeeper, the watch, the logos. 

On 1/15/2021 at 9:11 PM, huge said:

Man Olson looks goood as a 50s housewife.

Stunning.  

Been a fun show so far, having to go look up a lot of things though, which actually impressed me - they did not dumb down/remove Wanda and Vision's comic book and cinematic history for more general audiences who don't do the comic book thing.

1 hour ago, WBT said:

In looks?  I'm not into anorexic raccoons.

Yeah, I've been wondering what guys are seeing ever since she started this role.    She looks like she has nice tits.   Other than that she is skinny as hell and only slightly better looking than her ugly ass sisters

I think Elizabeth is pretty hot.  The raccoon comment was about the rich twin sisters who are ghouls and have had way too much plastic surgery.  You know, since the post I replied to called her the cooper manning of the family.

Edited by WBT

1 hour ago, blacklab said:

yeah, I'm pretty much done. If I wanted to watch crappy 50's TV I'd go watch crappy 50's TV.

I'm not the Marvel megadork but have seen most of the movies and I have no fucking clue what is going on.

I'm going to spoiler this, even though this is all based on what has happened in the first two episodes, with a snippet from the trailer.

Spoiler

This may all be playing out in Wanda's head.  Or somebody has trapped her in another world, but she's slowly getting her powers (such as reversing time at the end of episode 2.

If it's in her head, or an alternate reality she has created, it's everything she never had as a child, and wanted, and/or lost (such as Vision) - a stable home, somebody that loved her (outside of her brother), a normal life doing normal things, and now a baby.

Vision's boss and Dottie the hostess FOR THE CHILDREN or whatever both started pressing Wanda/Vision on their backgrounds, and both the boss and Dottie were harmed (choking, cut on the hand).

Some of the characters, such as "Geraldine" don't seem to know who they are immediately, almost as if somebody/Wanda is coming up with a name for them on the fly.

Geraldine is actually Monica Rambeaux , and she maybe stuck in the alternate universe or whatever with Wanda.

We assume that Vision is dead based on the movies, and if so, he's a projection of Wanda's, which explains why he was scared to go out and check on the tree branch hitting the house or whatever - it was actually Wanda, alone, worried.

• Hook 'Em 1