Marvel's WandaVision on Disney+

mdmost

6 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Oh come on. I love the MCU, but it doesn’t have a Luke Skywalker level character.  

Maybe it’s Black Llama

used.  The Black Lama is the Earth-7511 version of former President Gerald Ford who ruled over Iowa as a king. Out of boredom, he dimensionally traveled to Earth 616. The process of traveling between dimensions caused him to go insane and his effort to restore his sanity caused him to become a supervillain.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Guadaloopy said:

Oh come on. I love the MCU, but it doesn’t have a Luke Skywalker level character.  

There's actually a few.  @UncleSonny tossed out an obvious one.

Spoiler

The afore-mentioned Magneto.  

I'd throw in Professor Xavier, Quicksilver her brother(s) depending on how they reconcile Fox's X-Menverse or whatever

My theory:

Spoiler

Fantastic Four is a big one in my eyes - F4 could be the astronauts that were "lost", that were mentioned when Monica was being briefed about manned space missions.

She could also bring back Tony Stark/Ultron as well.

• Hook 'Em 2

Spoiler

I'm going to stick to Fantastic Four being the astronauts that SWORD lost, as the big cameo.

It would be a Luke Skywalker-level cameo to introduce a new F4 in Wandavision.

But my wildcard is Loki, since A) his series is coming up this year and B) Loki absolutely loves to fuck around and find out, and it would be perfect if he was fucking around with Scarlet Witch, since she is the most powerful being on the planet.

• Hook 'Em 2

43 minutes ago, hornian said:

Tony Stark coming back from the dead might do it. 

It would, but the only connection is his connection to Vision through Ultron, but that's pretty shaky, since he wouldn't be a strong part of her memories.

Her brother though, whether it be Fox's Quicksilver (ye of Pink Floyd fandom), or the MCU's Quicksilver that was introduced and then killed in the same movie....that would be huge.

She could be trying to bring people back that were close to her, starting with Vision, and Quicksilver makes the most sense.  But what if she taps into the Multiverse (which is the premise of the next Doctor Strange movie) and brings a version of Quicksilver back?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Longhornfan1024 said:

Bettany is British.  Ian McKellen is British and has been acting forever.  It's fucking Magneto.  

From your posts to the MCU God's(Feige) ears.  I would flip the fuck out.

4 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

So is Emily Blunt.

And she and her American hubby are fan favorites for a certain super hero group.

Hide contents

135603655_2876637545949848_5072853552592

Wouldn't hate this either.

I don’t think to most of us slightly older nerds that the MCU currently has a Luke equivalent. Some of that may change with time as the kids that grew up with Tony/Cap/Thor/BW become our age, or maybe not sense they all had a longer and better treatment for the most part in the movies. 

For the slightly less nedry younger group, and I think Olsen is in that, I think Ian’s , Stewart’s, and Jackman’s characters might all seem to fill that spot in her and many others minds, and they would also make sense of Bettany’s comments. 

We know X-men quicksilver actor Peter is in this. Unless that is a red herring, I’m betting Stewart as I don’t think they are going with Magneto as the father. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Well how about this is a big reveal:

Pietro! Aka Quicksilver. But not the MCU version...the X-Men(FOX) version?!?

Honestly I much preferred Evan Peters as Pietro than Aaron Johnson. But I bet it’s a fake out.

They literally mention her recasting her brother. So he could just be some guy she casting as Pietro, which is a hell of a fake out/nod to the Mutants in another movie franchise.

OR this is the just the start of them phasing in some of the actual mutants. I mean honestly no one would be surprised or put off at all if Ian McKellen popped in as a magneto(or even Michael Fassbender).

And we have heard several times that this show will play onto Dr Strange and the Multiverse of Madness and even the New Spider-Man Multiverse movies. Both are said to be ways to bring mutants to the MCU without actually introducing them as natural elements to the MCU.

Wouldn’t shock me at all if this is a fake out(Evan Peters is just a guy)or just the tip of the Mutant iceberg

Spoiler

I don’t think this is a fake out. I’m betting she subconsciously pulled him from another universe. Nothing says they even have to roll that in to any other movie (but I bet they will)  

So the Sword director...he’s a/the bad guy?  Why were they experimenting on Visions corpse?  Ok 

Was very satisfying episode. 

Edited by UT_OB1
  • Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, Cruisrad said:

Was the name of the paper towel company significant?

I think it was a dark joke. The sword director just finished referencing Lagos as an example of Wanda being a terrorist. Lagos was the opening scene of Civil War where Wanda tried to save everyone from the bomb. She inadvertently killed a bunch of people in the building.  Thus the “Lagos, to clean up messes you didn’t intend to make” line. 

• Like 3

Only halfway thru but wanted to say the opening scenes gave me growing pains and family ties, and the living room is set very similar to full house.

but thinking on it, it seems like almost every family comedy had a living room setup where the front door opened right to it, opposite was the door to the kitchen, and along the back were stairs going off stage opposite the front door. Cosby show, all in the family, the above mentioned three, 8 is enough, different strokes, family matters, gimme a break, one day at a time, who’s the boss, the Simpsons, apparently it’s a great or thoroughly ingrained setup starting around the 80s. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

6 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Only halfway thru but wanted to say the opening scenes gave me growing pains and family ties, and the living room is set very similar to full house.

but thinking on it, it seems like almost every family comedy had a living room setup where the front door opened right to it, opposite was the door to the kitchen, and along the back were stairs going off stage opposite the front door. Cosby show, all in the family, the above mentioned three, 8 is enough, different strokes, family matters, gimme a break, one day at a time, who’s the boss, the Simpsons, apparently it’s a great or thoroughly ingrained setup starting around the 80s. 

Those living room sets were built to save space.   The upstairs didn't exist - there would be stairs leading up to a little platform above the set's ceiling (if there was a ceiling) or the stairs would go up out of sight, and then descend down behind the wall.  It was a an easy way to bring in characters who were in the house, say kids or a spouse, without having to have a bunch of rooms.   And the dining area would usually be right next to the living room.

The whole thing was designed to have the studio audience basically see everything that's happening without having to move the audience or the set.

Some of the sound studios were actually very small.

That was awesome. I was not expecting him to be him. My daughter said she heard something about that twist being a potential but she was trying to avoid spoilers like me.

We have been discussing the boys and how they tie into the young avengers going forward but obviously this episode opened up a whole new world! Sony’s Spider-Man joining the fray was great and now the potential introduction through Wandavision of Fox’s old properties is amazing in the concept.

8 hours ago, UT_OB1 said:

I’ve talked myself in to it not being an in universe joke/marvel nod. They are introducing  X-men/FF multiverse tie ins. 

I don't think it is a joke or a nod, I think it's the real deal and they are bringing in the X-Men.  The missing astronauts were already a huge nod to the Fantastic Four, and we know that movie is happening.  

Spoiler

Feige wouldn't plot out such a massive misdirection as Fox's Quicksilver coming in as a joke or a nod to Fox's Marvel properties, because he knows the fanbase, and because he has already said they were very carefully working on merging the two worlds (four if you count Spidey and FF)

In regards to Quicksilver, we can take Wanda's comment at face value, that she didn't do it, and that she didn't deliberately bring the X-Men Quicksilver in, which means one of a few things (or a combination):

1. She was yearning for her brother as she mentioned, and while she (supposedly) decided she would not bring anybody back from the dead (witness the dialogue during the dog scene) and therefore something (subconsciously) in her head detected a live mutant version of him in another universe/multiverse and brought him over.
  2. Somebody else injected Quicksilver into her perfect little world.  
  3. Did she make a deal (I'm thinking of Wonder Woman 1984 right now) and so when she wants things, it's not always exactly what she wished for.

Some big things to ponder.

1. I actually believe her when she says she doesn't know how it started.
  2. Something huge was going on when she brought the drone out, and then went back into the Hex, and the whole red display caught everybody's attention.
  3. Monica had a blank x-ray of her head, and her bloodwork is all fucked up.  Did we really get the real Monica back?  Or was Monica modified in some way - was she a manifestation of Wanda's, and therefore didn't know much about Captain Marvel, and so vehemently changed the topic when CM was brought up?
  4. Monica really wanted to help Wanda.  Was that really true, or was Monica still under her influence?
  5. I want to know who Monica was talking about as far as that aerospace engineer.
  6. Agnes seems to be the only one in Westview outside of Vision/Wanda/the kids, who has agency and awareness of what is going on, but she's also scared.  The other "actors" all seem to be robotic/AI-like, in that even when shit happens, they don't pop out of character, and eventually they get back into their "loop" or whatever it is they are supposed to be doing (take the office email from Darcy) - think Westworld.  Agnes has always been acting like she has free will, and that she was deliberately holding stuff back from Vision.  Vision took the one guy out of his loop, but snapped him back into it.  Agnes has been around for some weird shit, and Agnes did the whole "should I take it from the top again" thing when the twins were crying, and then she didn't bat an eye at the twins aging up.  She also looked a bit fearful of Wanda during the crying scene.
  7. I can't decide if the twins have actual agency, or are just a part of Wanda's mind.
  8. Wanda started the end credits to end the argument, but Vision continued it.
  9. Magneto could be brought in now.
  10. Pietro/Quicksilver seemed to be under her mind control, as he was not all "WHAT THE FUCK AM I DOING HERE?", but he could also be there at the behest of Professor X.
  11. Sword shirts look ready to be modified into Fantastic Four uniforms.

This whole show.  Holy shit.  Bold as hell for Marvel/Disney since this is pulling stuff together that casual fans will not pick up on.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2