Marvel's WandaVision on Disney+

mdmost

8 minutes ago, mdmost said:

So the theory that the commercials are nods to the Infinity Stones. Was that one the Soul Stone? Kid turns into a skeleton at the end. Red Skeleton was the keeper of the Soul Stone. Kid is all alone by himself for eternity. Red Skeleton was forced to stay on the Soul Stone planet by himself until someone came to try to claim the stone. 

Someone or something is giving her more power just like it gives her what she needs immediately.  

I saw a theory each one represents a movie Wanda was in. I’d have to find how they tied that together, was kind of cool. 

7 minutes ago, Viper said:

So any prediction one what 2000/2010s sitcom they'll use next episode?

Maybe they'll do That 70s Show and throw everybody off. 

Modern Family

1 minute ago, Js1 said:

I saw a theory each one represents a movie Wanda was in. I’d have to find how they tied that together, was kind of cool. 

Modern Family

Maybe I just didn't think they had enough characters for it but maybe with darcy and some of the sword people they might

Malcom in the middle was early 2000s. I’m not sure what they’ll do for 2010s.  Some nod to streaming?  I’m guessing the sitcom gets dropped in the last episode. 

I don’t think the commercials really had anything to do with the stones. I think they are just a play on what is going on in the show. Trapped on an island (west view), will die if you can’t use magic (vision). 

4 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

I think they’re having fun with the Easter eggs, so I’m sure 2 broke girls will at least get a nod. Would be pretty easy now that Darcy is in the hex. 

Im not sure if I’d notice a difference between a modern family and malcom in middle episode. 

Only Malcolm talked to the camera, but modern family had all of them doing it but in cutaways instead of in scene. 

6 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

I think they’re having fun with the Easter eggs, so I’m sure 2 broke girls will at least get a nod. Would be pretty easy now that Darcy is in the hex. 

Im not sure if I’d notice a difference between a modern family and malcom in middle episode. 

I would think they'd have to have other households. Of course they were all related there, not sure how they do that here unless they give pietro a wife (husband?) and kid

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Only Malcolm talked to the camera, but modern family had all of them doing it but in cutaways instead of in scene. 

I thought both twins talked to the camea

58 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Someone or something is giving her more power just like it gives her what she needs immediately.  

Spoiler

Speculation is that it's Mephisto.  Some have even said he pulled in Quicksilver from X-Men to get closer to Wanda, perhaps nudge her along.

This is kicking off the Cosmic stuff, and the actual Multiverse stuff (Far From Home notwithstanding) though.

For a while, I felt like they were setting her up to be the antagonist to Doctor Strange, but she doesn't seem to know what's going on.  While she has agency, she's clearly confused by how things keep happening.

54 minutes ago, UT_OB1 said:

I don’t think the commercials really had anything to do with the stones. I think they are just a play on what is going on in the show. Trapped on an island (west view), will die if you can’t use magic (vision). 

The commercials all reference back to events in Wanda's life - the most blatant was obviously Lagos, but Stark Industries (invented weapons, Ultron, Vision), and the toaster sounded like Iron Man, Strucker for obvious reasons - experimented on Wanda and Pietro.   Hydra fucking around and directly says she's not going anywhere (Hydra could be the ones that have trapped her), Lagos, and now the island is Vision unable to tap into magic to keep himself alive.

Edited by atomheartbevo

3 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Loved the Malcolm in the Middle tribute. What was show was the 80s episode referencing?

Also does anybody have Wanda walking down the stairs in her Halloween costume as a gif? Because damn...

Early Full House? Which ran 87-95

16 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Loved the Malcolm in the Middle tribute. What was show was the 80s episode referencing?

Also does anybody have Wanda walking down the stairs in her Halloween costume as a gif? Because damn...

Growing Pains mostly, some family ties and full house

• Hook 'Em 1

This could be interesting.  A tweet from a year and a half ago, referencing a pivotal moment in Wanda's comic book incarnation(s).

Spoiler

What if she was doing a reverse of this incident, and perhaps the town people become mutants?

Spoiler

longer explanation

Spoiler

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/today-in-marvel-history-no-more-mutants

In the 2005 event HOUSE OF M, the Avengers and X-Men forged a rare pact in order to manage Wanda Maximoff and the fallout of her recent—and devastating—nervous breakdown. After losing control of her reality-warping abilities, the Scarlet Witch unwittingly killed several heroes, including Vision, Hawkeye, and Ant-Man. And months later, Wanda’s powers became even more erratic—to the point where even Doctor Strange and Professor X had difficulty keeping her in check.

In HOUSE OF M (2005) #7, a team of memory-restored X-Men and Avengers including Emma Frost, Spider-Man, and Ms. Marvel closed in on the mutant utopia of Genosha, in search of Magneto—the one they believed had influenced his daughter into creating this new mutant-led society. But Doctor Strange, speaking to Wanda on the astral plane, discovered that it wasn’t Magneto who had pushed her into changing everything...it was her twin brother, Quicksilver, who believed the X-Men and Avengers were coming to Genosha to kill her.

When Magneto realized what was happening, he turned on his son. In turn, Wanda blamed her father and his obsession with mutant-dominance for ruining the twins lives before they had a chance at normalcy. In anger, Wanda’s powers began to swell again, and she uttered three words.

“No more mutants.”

The aftermath found the world seemingly back as it once was...until mutants all over the planet started losing their powers; the mutant population dropped from hundreds of thousands to just a fraction of that. Charles Xavier, who'd been missing in the alternate reality, was still nowhere to be found.

Edited by atomheartbevo

5 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

I'm still on the fence - I still think she pulled him from the X-Men universe, hence the appearance, but I think she overlaid some of her memories onto him, like she did with the others in town.  She wanted somebody to tell her what she was doing was good, he was telling her he was impressed, etc.

Feige has said they are working on integrating the X-Men into the MCU, and has announced Deadpool and F4 movies set in the MCU.  The next major phase of the MCU is focused on the Multiverse and Cosmic parts of the MCU.   I just don't see him bringing in X-Men Quicksilver from another universe and then saying "fooled ya!"

Reveal hidden contents

Some have speculated that Quicksilver is actually Mephisto in disguise.  This is a real possibility, but I do think Quicksilver being from the MCU is deliberate and tied to the X-Men.

I'm still insanely curious about Agnes.   I can't figure out her place.  She's clearly operating outside of the mind control at times, but the barrier and distance away from Wanda fucked with her - the farther away people were from Wanda and/or the closer to the barrier, the more lethargic/comatose they seemed.

shes probably the bad guy if its not the head of sword dude. sword dude seems like a typical 80s FBI villain trying to cover up his fuckup so agnes is probably behind it all since shes been in every episode 

Edited by Michael Knight

24 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Monica is texting some aerospace engineer to bring her a vehicle to get back into the Hex.  

Hide contents

What if it is Reed Richards, and Reed, Monica, Jimmy, and Darcy become the F4?

Darcy as the thing? The Grand Tetons?

• Haha 5

I'm thankful this is a weekly release and not a binge release all at once. It's been fun having something to look forward to watch every Friday. Plus we can have enjoyable discussions and theories about what's happening that you wouldn't get with a binge show. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, mdmost said:

I'm thankful this is a weekly release and not a binge release all at once. It's been fun having something to look forward to watch every Friday. Plus we can have enjoyable discussions and theories about what's happening that you wouldn't get with a binge show. 

but also I WANT MOAR

again, the level of creativity and deliverability from week to week is astounding to me

• Hook 'Em 1

They are definitely pouring the Easter eggs in super thick, I think it helps them hide the surprises and ending with much more ease.

Mephisto, magneto, mutants, inhumans, Dr.Strange, F4, Captain Marvel, Photon, Zemo, X-men, retcons, other Disney entities, Cosmic universe, Supernatural universe, etc. I mean everyone on here makes a guess that makes sense in some shape or form.

At this point I went back and was trying to look at every costume the kids were wearing to see if any other nods were in there... I half expect Deadpool to be seen walking by in the background next week.

7 hours ago, mdmost said:

3 hours ago, Drew said:

Also, I have no fucking clue what's going on since every time I think I got it, they throw something else out there.

Such a great show.

It's bringing me back to the 80's when I read comics on a regular basis. Totally enjoying this experience.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

They are definitely pouring the Easter eggs in super thick, I think it helps them hide the surprises and ending with much more ease.

Mephisto, magneto, mutants, inhumans, Dr.Strange, F4, Captain Marvel, Photon, Zemo, X-men, retcons, other Disney entities, Cosmic universe, Supernatural universe, etc. I mean everyone on here makes a guess that makes sense in some shape or form.

At this point I went back and was trying to look at every costume the kids were wearing to see if any other nods were in there... I half expect Deadpool to be seen walking by in the background next week.

Was the other twins costume Dr Strange? I thought either that or Vincent from FFVII

Edited by Viper

So now I've got two theories on the commercial.

1. Wanda is the shark, the "YoMagic" is red/strawberry.  The citizens of Westfield are the kid on the island, and are wasting away and repetitively doing something (trying to open the YoMagic) because they can't tap into the magic.
  2. Given that the other commercials are traumatic events in her life, Wanda is the kid on the island, Tony Stark is the shark, and it represents her time on the Raft when she was captured in Civil War, and she's struggling to tap into her magic to escape.

12 hours ago, Bobby Light said:

I find it fun to watch the Easter egg shows on YouTube after each episode. They catch a lot of shit

I did that a little bit at first but decided it was too likely to spoil the series ending for me, so I'm going to watch all the easter egg shows afterward to see what I missed.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 2/12/2021 at 10:14 PM, atomheartbevo said:

This could be interesting.  A tweet from a year and a half ago, referencing a pivotal moment in Wanda's comic book incarnation(s).

Reveal hidden contents

What if she was doing a reverse of this incident, and perhaps the town people become mutants?

Spoiler

A theory I saw was that they'll use this show to bring the X-men into the MCU by doing the reverse and Wanda says, "No, more mutants."

lionel-hutz-advertisment.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 2/12/2021 at 10:10 PM, UT_OB1 said:

yep