No, Mike Leach, YOU'RE awesome! [Pirates Last Voyage]

Parliament

4 hours ago, satyanash said:

This will be glorious.

Get ready to see your QB throw 9 TDs and still lose, MSU fans.

MIssissippi State has plenty of experience losing. This will be a whole lot more fun. And Leach will have better talent to work with than he has had in his career.

2 hours ago, shnsajax said:

OU DC Alex Grinch appears to be one of the favorites for the job. Not sure how I feel about that. He had success at WSU, but if you want to go with a DC I would include Andy Avalos to the list as well.

Grinch will be an unmitigated disaster if you get him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, shnsajax said:

OU DC Alex Grinch appears to be one of the favorites for the job. Not sure how I feel about that. He had success at WSU, but if you want to go with a DC I would include Andy Avalos to the list as well.

I've heard from Coug friends that Mrs Grinch absolutely hated Pullman and didn't hide it much - have no idea if that's the case but if so might make that a difficult pull.

Avalos is solid.

I've heard from Coug friends that Mrs Grinch absolutely hated Pullman and didn't hide it much - have no idea if that's the case but if so might make that a difficult pull.

Avalos is solid.

Makes me feel better. Harsin would also be a good/solid hire. No idea if he would entertain leaving Boise to go north 6 hours. Leach, while not perfect could always say he would throw for 5,000 and now even claim 2 starting QB’s in the NFL.

Yeah, but I'm betting few tears were shed in Pullman. 
You're thinking too much like an Ohio State fan.

The wsu grads I know loved Leach. It's hard to express just how bad they were before he came. He made them fun to watch again, made football interesting again. At some programs, that's really what they want, as they don't expect to be playoff bound.

The single point of frustration most of them will note is there record vs uw. Jimmy Lake was definitely Leach's nemesis, and I'm sure Leach is happy to be leaving him behind.
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Late night drunken tweeting. The circus is in town. Can a reality tv show be far behind?

I have a treatment for a Leach-led reality show. It's called QBU, featuring Uncle Rico and Many Others. Episode One, AKA the Pilot, is entitled "... and our Fat Little Girlfriends", in which would-be QBs from across the land matriculate to The Big U to start training. Would-be FLGs are chosen from The Island, where they display their various talents, from Cheerleading to Twatwaffling. Then trasining begins in earnest. Thirteen Episodes later, the last QB standing, and his FLG, go to Las Vegas to try out for the Raiders.

The second season is even better, starting with Episode One, Suck Session.

Don't dm me, I'll dm you. Maybe. If I get a chance.

Streaming re-runs and Merch are endless. 

• 2 months later...

Wow. My post linking Leach’s post got deleted too. Sorry about that. I edited to make the reflection that maybe he shouldn’t be posting a picture of a noose. I guess even with that context mods thought it was inappropriate. 

4 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I'll never understand peoples' inability to apologize. "I'm sorry I was offensive" vs. "I'm sorry you were offended." If you're not sorry just say you're not sorry, goddamnit.

I wouldn't be sorry if I was him.  Fuck anyone who was offended by that.  Such a stupid thing to worry about.

• Like 8

just crazy that he had to apologize for that.  people are such unbelievable gaping pussies these days. 
I wasn't offended by it. But I get why a coach in Mississippi tweeting an image of a noose, even though the context has nothing to do with race, could be considered in poor taste as evidenced by his own players tweeting how they did.
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zombie said:
9 hours ago, futureman said:
just crazy that he had to apologize for that.  people are such unbelievable gaping pussies these days. 

I wasn't offended by it. But I get why a coach in Mississippi tweeting an image of a noose, even though the context has nothing to do with race, could be considered in poor taste as evidenced by his own players tweeting how they did.

trying to twist a funny joke about spousal relations into a commentary on lynching is the only thing about this that could be considered poor taste

• Like 2

Just now, Neonmoon said:

His players are a bunch of drama queens for getting offended for a tweet about fake spousal murder thoughts 

I mean, that was not an offensive tweet. I would have thought in an age where a virus is killing hundred of thousands of people we would become a little more hardened and less snowflake but, I was clearly wrong. 

• Like 3

• immamac changed the title to No, Mike Leach, YOU'RE awesome! [Pirates Last Voyage]