No, Mike Leach, YOU'RE awesome! [Pirates Last Voyage]

Parliament

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I don't think it was the "domestic violence" aspect of the tweet that got him in trouble.

A certain demographic has adopted the noose as the sign of racially motivate lynching.

you-dont-say-memes-com-14014390.png

it’s not like hangings were used for hundreds of years to kill people of all races before lynching became a thing in this country. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mulletpelini said:

Leach is an avid historical military stategenarian.....so I see this as a way for him to find out who's tough enough to be coached.

That's what he's always done.  Had defections at Wazzu, even though they hadn't won shit before he got there.

5 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

you-dont-say-memes-com-14014390.png

it’s not like hangings were used for hundreds of years to kill people of all races before lynching became a thing in this country. 

Did a little research, the "hangman's noose" was a 19th century American invention, apparently.  So maybe it is a bit unique to a more recent "American experience."

However, I doubt that the hateful rubes that perpetrated lynchings bothered with that knot.

I don't think it was the "domestic violence" aspect of the tweet that got him in trouble.
A certain demographic has adopted the noose as the sign of racially motivate lynching.
Guess we should ban crosses next just in case someone sets fire to them.

Leach should just make life hell for any player who publicly said anything until they enter the portal. Send the message now. 

Players on average are far better trained and genetically bigger and faster than ever before, but such a large percentage of them lack heart because they're spoiled bitches who have been raised to whine to get their way. 

Edited by Junior Miller

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

Did a little research, the "hangman's noose" was a 19th century American invention, apparently.  So maybe it is a bit unique to a more recent "American experience."

I’m not an expert about the individual knots being used, but the act of hanging has been going on at least since the middle ages.     probably for a long time before then, too. 

Edited by futureman

yeah we all get it. people are uber-sensitive regards who will jump at any chance to be offended or to claim persecution. understanding why it happens doesn't make it any less ridiculous, and the fact that, *yes*, in today's climate Leach definitely did the right thing by deleting the *super fucking clearly not racist* tweet and then apologizing speaks volumes about today's woke-ass society. completely fucking stupid. 

edit- though i was replying to the post above mine, but apparently not. you still get what i'm saying. 

Edited by Goo Punch
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Junior Miller said:

Leach should just make life hell for any player who publicly said anything until they enter the portal. Send the message now. 

Players on average are far better trained and genetically bigger and faster than ever before, but such a large percentage of them lack heart because they're spoiled bitches who have been raised to whine to get their way. 

Yeah, Mike Leach has never come off as a whiny cunt at all.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

I'm sure he has, but idiots trying to make a joke about the difficulties of marriage all about their race are a massive part of the problem in trying to fight the actual copious amounts of prejudice and discrimination that exist in this country. those players should be kicked off the team for being insubordinate about something that's not racially motivated at all

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry this is so late, but glad Jason got a decent gig (coaching safeties) with Leach so they can give aggy HELL !!!

"Leach Hires Washington for Dog Defense"

https://247sports.com/college/mississippi-state/Article/Mississippi-State-is-adding-Texas-cornerbacks-coach-and-recruiting-expert-Jason-Washington-for-2020-staff-143177622/ 

• 2 weeks later...

"For $100 Mike Leach will record a message of your choosing"

By Scott Roussel -   June 15, 2020

In January Mike Leach agreed to a four-year contract paying him $5 million per year to coach the Mississippi State football team.

Today he chose to alert the world to the fact that for $100 he will record a message to you, a loved one, or friend.

Perhaps Mike’s thinking was this is a great way to educate players on how this getting paid for his name, image and likeness works. Perhaps.

LeachCameo2.jpg?ssl=1

Enjoy this teaser video compliments of Mike himself.

I doubt the rival fanbase located in Oxford will have any fun with these requests. Probably not. Maybe, nah. They wouldn’t do that…

https://footballscoop.com/news/for-100-mike-leach-will-record-a-message-of-your-choosing/

On 4/3/2020 at 8:52 AM, Neonmoon said:

His players are a bunch of drama queens for getting offended for a tweet about fake spousal murder thoughts 

Yet in the thread about our players you said my opinion was morally bankrupt.  So when it's Mississippi State's players who get offended they are a bunch of pussies but when it's our players it's a morally bankrupt position to have that exact same opinion.  And you justify it by saying just because you don't feel it should be changed doesn't mean it's not right that the players don't.  Why doesn't that apply here?  Why should they not be offended?  Unless my sarcasm meter is broken, (entirely possible I could have it in the wrong context) you sir are a hypocrite.

How long a message? I'm leaning toward

"Hi, this is Mike Leach. The people you're calling are not available. If you are a friend, a relative,  or have legitimate business, leave a message and maybe you'll get a call back. Otherwise, hang up and call someone else."

3 minutes ago, Tex Long said:

How long a message? I'm leaning toward

"Hi, this is Mike Leach. The people you're calling are not available. If you are a friend, a relative,  or have legitimate business, leave a message and maybe you'll get a call back. Otherwise, hang up and call someone else."

willing to share the audio file? lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, EE2B said:

Will he say that Craig James killed 5 hookers?

How's about...

"Hi, this is Mike Leach. The people you're calling are not available. If you are a friend, a relative,  or have legitimate business, leave a message and maybe you'll get a call back. Otherwise, hang up and call someone else  your fat little girlfriend Craig James."

On 4/5/2020 at 9:01 AM, Pam Cummings said:

You see the world basically breaks down into two camps. Those who like Mike Leach and those who like Craig James. Thanks for the courage to let us know where you stand, Pam

• Like 1

8 hours ago, EE2B said:

Will he say that Craig James killed 5 hookers?

Is it even true that Craig James killed 5 hookers?  I heard that Craig James killed 5 hookers.  But can it be proven that Craig James killed 5 hookers?  I have doubts that Craig James killed 5 hookers.  I would be surprised if Craig James killed 5 hookers, but not completely shocked if it is true that Craig James killed 5 hookers

CJK5H

• 2 weeks later...
  • immamac changed the title to No, Mike Leach, YOU'RE awesome! [Pirates Last Voyage]