No, Mike Leach, YOU'RE awesome! [Pirates Last Voyage]

Parliament

4 hours ago, Marfa Low Crown said:

Rules 

LOLz.  Hell, even then mobile phones were ginourmous.  Remember Gecko in Wall Street with that giant mofo?  They didn't have photo capability like now.

Mama was a all-state athlete in hoops. Very popular, and very attractive.  We never dated.  Just friends.  Sorry to disappoint.  She had eyes for some dude from Plainview( Sawyer's dad.)

Edited by slorch

12 hours ago, nnm said:

Whoa whoa whoa, big boy. That’s a probable U.S. Senator you’re talking about there. How about a little respect?

/no CR (just anti-snake oil)

Tuberville walking out of the restaurant in the middle of a dinner with recruits was an all time shit head move. Politics was probably his last refuge. 

On September 29, 2020 at 3:52 PM, Zeus said:

lulz the NYT got in there to try and cloak room the pirate

Great mask takes. Twilight Zone cut-out spectators. Fake coke. And many others.

But the thing I noticed right off was the MS St backdrop. Same colors as aggy, but not one SEC logo.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, EastTexan said:

Great mask takes. Twilight Zone cut-out spectators. Fake coke. And many others.

But the thing I noticed right off was the MS St backdrop. Same colors as aggy, but not one SEC logo.

Yeah, the political reporter from the NYT did not appreciate a question on mask best practices. This fucking guy asked Leach if he was making a "po....some kind of statement", then admits he does his best with a basic amazon mask. Guessing he knows that will not stop a fart in the wind from getting to his soul, WTF.

• Like 1

Oh, and as far as "wearing out his welcome" at Tech, there is a significant portion of the fanbase, and by that I would suggest at least half; who is still very, very pissed about the circumstances of Leach's departure.
11 years later, there is still a deep fracture within our fanbase about the topic.  Leach still has support from Raiderland, and that doesn't happen if everyone thought he should go. Spike may have retired before he was ready, because it was time to go.  Tuberville needed to go.  Kliff needed to go.  You don't hear anybody except maybe some one-off extremist who talks about them.  There is still much love for Leach among Red Raider fans.  yes, we will always love Kliff as a player, but not many were enamored by his coaching.
I know Tech grads that are still pissed about it. One customer of mine was talking to me right after it happened and telling me they were calling him for his annual donation and he wasn't answering. I told him he should tell them they shouldn't need so much money considering how they just screwed their football coach out of his contract. He laughed his ass off and told me he was going to tell them that the next time they called. Don't know if he ever did.

they just replayed ogre/pirate on secn.

lsu is depleted losing 14 guys so that accounts for some of the result.

the game was not decided until under 2 minutes, and lsu made several picks to resuscitate itself in the late 3rd / early 4th when they were on the ropes and should have folded.

nessler and danils were so astounded by a 600-yard passing performance.... it was historic, will not happen again for a long time....  uhh, hey dipshits, pirate only passes.

and pass pirate does.  he is going to dismember and eviscerate that league and expose the false bravado from the inside.

and finally, once again, we have aggy to thank for doing (or in this case not doing) what we couldn't do for ourselves.... pirate in austin or pirate in collieville would have been the same result.  absolute WRTS of the top 50 national players in the state every year.   and pirate would have furnished eye patches for sharp's talkie birds.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, VABuckeye said:

They’ll still play defense. 

they're gonna spread it out and hurt a lot of defenders.  Well, they'll be fake injuries, but you get the picture.

Shocking.  Leach wets the bed against a garbage opponent, again.   At home, no less.  

Much less shocking will be the presser when he makes the predictably cute comments about fat girlfriends or whichever way the wind is blowing.  And he'll then proceed to throw everyone under the bus for another shit performance, except his own fat, self-absorbed ass.

Unbridled clown.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:
Shocking.  Leach wets the bed against a garbage opponent, again.   At home, no less.  

Much less shocking will be the presser when he makes the predictably cute comments about fat girlfriends or whichever way the wind is blowing.  And he'll then proceed to throw everyone under the bus for another shit performance, except his own fat, self-absorbed ass.

Unbridled clown.

And most on this board will want to hire him by Monday.  Because he's funny or something something something.

11 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Unbridled clown.

R-key-saw!

• Fuck You 1

Has Leach done anything innovative on offense since he was at Tech? He's a guy whose rival DC called him out in 2018 for how easy his offense was to defend then went out and shut him down again in 2019. Leach got pantsed. How do you let that happen?

We know who he is. He's an overrated offense-only novelty coach whose better known for amusing press conferences than meaningful results on the field. Oh sure, he'll give you the occasional big upset win. So did Rich Rodriguez. Then they both shit the bed in games they have no business losing. Every single year. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

On 10/5/2020 at 2:30 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

Has Leach done anything innovative on offense since he was at Tech? He's a guy whose rival DC called him out in 2018 for how easy his offense was to defend then went out and shut him down again in 2019. Leach got pantsed. How do you let that happen?

We know who he is. He's an overrated offense-only novelty coach whose better known for amusing press conferences than meaningful results on the field. Oh sure, he'll give you the occasional big upset win. So did Rich Rodriguez. Then they both shit the bed in games they have no business losing. Every single year. 

I always find it funny when i hear that Leach is "underrated". He innovated the fuck out of some offense and produced some brilliant coaches, but i think he's pretty much rated exactly where he should be.

Triple dog dare you to say that to his face

On 10/5/2020 at 12:30 AM, WhatTheBuck said:

tom?

Maybe he's overrated. Maybe he's a guru that transcends the game itself. And maybe HE is one who killed five bookers.

All or none of those things can be true, and it wouldn't change the fact that he's a genuine, unique, humorous man. Can we all at least appreciate THAT?

• Like 1

The offensive savant produced a safety tonight.  Helluva an effort despite his team's 6 interceptions.  While getting drilled by another garbage opponent.

How'd the presser go?  Guessing he's throwing the hurricane, his mother-in-law, the school's janitor or someone else under the bus. 

Shocking, another piece of shit performance by Leach.   

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

The offensive savant produced a safety tonight.  Helluva an effort despite his team's 6 interceptions.  While getting drilled by another garbage opponent.

How'd the presser go?  Guessing he's throwing the hurricane, his mother-in-law, the school's janitor or someone else under the bus. 

Shocking, another piece of shit performance by Leach.   

Right on cue

22 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

Shocking.  

Horka is a POS but yea... it's likely right. Leach didn't have time to get in and know his guys with covid. but I'm not making excuses... 

Moorhead was a lazy sack of sh!t. and let the runners run over him. we need a culturse change. I wanted that sportcented special leach to come in and rip ass when we lose.. 

We haven't got that. 

this shit aint working 

Back to drinking. 

• 2 months later...

I'll give Leach this year because it was a shit year and it's only year 1. Next year he better win at least 7 games now that he "knows his players". 

Never cared for the guy (not in a good or bad way), but he seems kinda lazy and doesn't coach to move up in the chain of the football world. He just kinda says fuck it, we lost. Oh well. It's weird, yet I can't stop watching. 

• Like 3

• immamac changed the title to No, Mike Leach, YOU'RE awesome! [Pirates Last Voyage]