No, Mike Leach, YOU'RE awesome! [Pirates Last Voyage]

Parliament

13 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I'll give Leach this year because it was a shit year and it's only year 1. Next year he better win at least 7 games now that he "knows his players". 

Never cared for the guy (not in a good or bad way), but he seems kinda lazy and doesn't coach to move up in the chain of the football world. He just kinda says fuck it, we lost. Oh well. It's weird, yet I can't stop watching. 

7 wins will be pretty hard with this schedule

https://fbschedules.com/ncaa-2021/team/mississippi-state

even if mike gets the "one he should not have won" there will almost certainly me "the one he should not have lost" and that will probably be in the OOC when they could easily be 2-2 with a chance they even go 1-3 with losses to LaTech, NCState and Memphis

and before anyone says "no way" to a couple of those remember this is mike that opened two seasons in a row at WSU with losses to D1-AA teams and that was well into "his guys" being there

with this shit to distract all off season, mike probably making moonshine in the off season (or competing in timber sports), and the transfer portal eating the ass out of Mississippi State there is a very slim chance they might go 0-4 in the OOC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
I hated playing that fucking guy

I didn’t. We usually kicked his ass, only when we suspended 4 DBs did Kingsbury have his epic win, and only when the Rig12 decided to hand out two different rulebook for holding could they muster another last second win.

To me the most annoying thing Leach ever did was not have the decency to lose in a single other conference game that 2008 season. They were a good team and we drew them in Lubbock, at night, on Halloween weekend. Lost a close game that we should have won, shit happens. But somehow that is the one season where they didn't drop at least 2 conference games. Shit, in 8 out of 10 Leach seasons they lost at least 3. 

Just one more loss and we win head to head tiebreaker against OU, kick the shit out of Missouri again and play Florida for the National Title. One more conference championship and a damn good shot at another crystal football.

Or maybe Gideon could have just caught the ball. God fucking dammit.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 4

19 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

TT entered the game the most penalized team in the conference headed into that game, the number of ignored holds by their o-line was the only reason the game was competitive.   

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 3

3 minutes ago, Nivek said:

TT entered the game the most penalized team in the conference headed into that game, the number of ignored holds by their o-line was the only reason the game was competitive.   

Holding? What holding? 

JhVV5ClzlAtQp8ks5BeRdUlSwM6rXvZnf-s-OF65

And it wasn't just us. That big overhyped LT they had just held all year long because he couldn't move laterally for shit.

09tech.span.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

On 7/27/2021 at 4:26 PM, UncleSonny said:

To me the most annoying thing Leach ever did was not have the decency to lose in a single other conference game that 2008 season. They were a good team and we drew them in Lubbock, at night, on Halloween weekend. Lost a close game that we should have won, shit happens. But somehow that is the one season where they didn't drop at least 2 conference games. Shit, in 8 out of 10 Leach seasons they lost at least 3. 

Just one more loss and we win head to head tiebreaker against OU, kick the shit out of Missouri again and play Florida for the National Title. One more conference championship and a damn good shot at another crystal football.

Fuck Gideon.

Fuck him straight to hell.  

Dumbfuck.

20 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Mike Leach is dog shit, never won a conference title. Never evolved his offense like protege's underneath him have.  IDK why you guys like the guy.

Stuff like this is why. 
YQQxMkqb9m61tBgnWNcCCds6JbXvTq735qDXSxp-

They weren't really even "holds", they were WWF takedowns.
Meanwhile the refs practiced navel gazing 101.

Navel gazing would have been an improvement. They called holding on us a few times IIRC for some marginal stuff compared to what was allowed by Tech.

One of the upsides to this SEC thing is the continued and increased (re)appearances of the dedicated cultists who think Leach is something more than a clown whose lone goal is to try and own post-game pressers with cute, stale and outdated schtick.  But even then he'll fail as Leach will continue to blame losses on referees, coaches, players, wives, cooks, groundskeepers, forensic scientists, grocery store clerks or anyone else except the person who should, but never will, accept responsibility - the unbridled idiot in the mirror.

12 hours ago, Wally Pryor said:

But even then he'll fail as Leach will continue to blame losses on referees, coaches, players, wives, cooks, groundskeepers, forensic scientists, grocery store clerks or anyone else except the person who should, but never will, accept responsibility - the unbridled idiot in the mirror.

Mack would like to have a word with you.

• Hook 'Em 2

I blame Gideon for not winning the game, but not for losing it. The game was lost by Mack and GDGD. We didn't even score until Tech had us down 19-0. The first play we ran (I think it was first) was some kind of draw, handing off to a 250-pound RB who was standing still, seven yards deep in the end zone. For a safety. Negative two points immedately. The only reason I can think for calling that is Mack and his  bestest friend had scripted the first 15 plays and as usual both of them called plays without regard to field position, time, score, down, distance ... or personnel on the field.

Because departing from the script scares ya ta death.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/29/2021 at 3:12 PM, BurntOrange&White said:

Mike Leach is dog shit, never won a conference title. Never evolved his offense like protege's underneath him have.  IDK why you guys like the guy.

Because yesterday.

‘That’s why.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Doesn’t matter. Beating Aggie isn’t dinner major accomplishment. Still overrated with no conference championships

Mike Leach is tech's bestest coach ever, and aggy's cockroach. Which means he's a B, B- coach in most every regard wherever he coaches, but he does enough kookie stuff to get the students fired up and pull off the occasional stunning upset.

He's never gonna get a shot at the brass ring--nor should he, given the way he's acted towards players, administrators and alums at all of his stops--but he's entertaining, I suppose. Especially when he takes a big steaming dump in the middle of aggy's living room carpet.

• Hook 'Em 4

29 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Doesn’t matter. Beating Aggie isn’t dinner major accomplishment. Still overrated with no conference championships

It’s not about accomplishment.  It’s about aggy disillusionment and schadenfreude.  Leach adds to that kitty and then twists the knife.  

I don’t want him as our coach, but to cement oneself in the metrics you’ve chosen is to miss the beauty of what they exclude.  The fact that he’s not that great of a coach only sweetens the wine.

Edited by Cajun
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

It's reason enough to love him just because he hates aggie and knows they are weird as fuck.  One of his little rants/soliloquys out there is him comparing tech fans to aggie fans and wondering how they get away with being fake army and comparing the corps to him starting a pirate camp.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 3

He’s also the guy many wish they could be, he said fuck the lawyer gig and said imma gonna corch football, yeah. Then he went and did it. The “I don’t give a fuck” tude is the most shaggy/surly thing ever. We all wish we were him at least a little bit. And who doesn’t want to be a pirate, I mean come on! 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/3/2021 at 3:09 AM, Longboard Horn said:

The 2:14 mark: it’s always good to win at Kyle Field and I’ve done it more than most people have. 

Mike Leach says Kyle Field is one of the best environments in college football. And that San Luis Obispo, CA is a great town.

And, after winning the coin toss, he deferred so his team would get the ball first in the second half. Brilliant! Who else would’ve ever thought of that strategy?

21 hours ago, Cajun said:

It’s not about accomplishment.  It’s about aggy disillusionment and schadenfreude.  Leach adds to that kitty and then twists the knife.  

I don’t want him as our coach, but to cement oneself in the metrics you’ve chosen is to miss the beauty of what they exclude.  The fact that he’s not that great of a coach only sweetens the wine.

This is patently false, but don't let that get in the way of a good thread, and I'm not talking about the wine.  You wanna debate Leach's recruiting or lack of CEO gladhanding skills?  I hear ya.   He's a hellova  football coach, influencer of the game, and developer of other coaches.

Edited by slorch

3 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Mike Leach says Kyle Field is one of the best environments in college football. And that San Luis Obispo, CA is a great town.

there was some kind of backhanded compliment in there. he said the girl was like “san luis obispo is a shitty little hick town, it sucks, I want to leave” but then he said actually it’s a nice little town. and was comparing that to CS. I don’t know, maybe it was nothing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to No, Mike Leach, YOU'RE awesome! [Pirates Last Voyage]