No, Mike Leach, YOU'RE awesome! [Pirates Last Voyage]

Parliament

6 hours ago, michaelpshayes said:

all I'm saying is win something north of the Holiday Bowl or maybe an outright conference championship one day ...no one said he sucks, he is what he is ...he loses big games for conference championships, and never makes it over the hump 

yea yea but he shows up 30 minutes late with in and out burger!!!!

what other coach can do THAT.....who the fuck wants to talk about NY6 bowl games (besides UH fans endlessly droning on and on about the one they won) or conference championships when you can talk about your coach showing up somewhere 30 minutes late with in and out burger!!!!!

and who does not want a coach that gets people so excited to jack him off that they trash their own university and pretend that their own university will never win shit and thus have to settle for a circus geek coach while ignoring that places like UH and UCF (that has only been playing football at any level for a two decades or so) are winning NY6 bowl games and finishing ranked in the top 10 or better

how can you ever take the risk of losing cook book talk and fat little girlfriends and all of that amazing stuff for the fleeting enjoyment of actually accomplishing something on the field that even G5 programs have managed to do

4 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

yea yea but he shows up 30 minutes late with in and out burger!!!!

what other coach can do THAT.....who the fuck wants to talk about NY6 bowl games (besides UH fans endlessly droning on and on about the one they won) or conference championships when you can talk about your coach showing up somewhere 30 minutes late with in and out burger!!!!!

and who does not want a coach that gets people so excited to jack him off that they trash their own university and pretend that their own university will never win shit and thus have to settle for a circus geek coach while ignoring that places like UH and UCF (that has only been playing football at any level for a two decades or so) are winning NY6 bowl games and finishing ranked in the top 10 or better

how can you ever take the risk of losing cook book talk and fat little girlfriends and all of that amazing stuff for the fleeting enjoyment of actually accomplishing something on the field that even G5 programs have managed to do

You do realize it is a lot easier for G5 programs to get there right? UCF and Houston don't have to go through OU and Texas every year or Washington, USC, Oregon, and Stanford every year.

He should have won the PAC this year because it was a pretty down year. He is one of the only coaches in college football that consistently punches above his weight.

It would be easy for Leach to go to a G5 conference with his system and take pretty much the same kids he has at Washington State and beat up on a bunch of Colorado State's, Air Force's etc... It would be like taking lunch money from 8 year old kids for him.

Look, I see that you have an obvious bone to pick with Leach, I have no idea why but I don't care. The guy is taking G5 talent and almost winning P5 conference titles with it. Washington State is currently one spot ahead of SMU in the class of 2019 recruiting rankings. Washington State has never had a recruiting class, since he's been there, finish higher than 8th in the conference and he just finished 10-2 (7-2). You make it sound as if he has elite level talent and is going 9-3/10-2 every year and choking away conference titles, he is taking kids that have no business competing for conference titles and knocking on the door. The reason why people say Tech and Washington State will never win shit is because they haven't ever won shit.

He just took a QB that started out his college football career at a JUCO and made him the leading passer in the NCAA.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Texas25 said:

You do realize it is a lot easier for G5 programs to get there right? UCF and Houston don't have to go through OU and Texas every year or Washington, USC, Oregon, and Stanford every year.

He should have won the PAC this year because it was a pretty down year. He is one of the only coaches in college football that consistently punches above his weight.

It would be easy for Leach to go to a G5 conference with his system and take pretty much the same kids he has at Washington State and beat up on a bunch of Colorado State's, Air Force's etc... It would be like taking lunch money from 8 year old kids for him.

Look, I see that you have an obvious bone to pick with Leach, I have no idea why but I don't care. The guy is taking G5 talent and almost winning P5 conference titles with it. Washington State is currently one spot ahead of SMU in the class of 2019 recruiting rankings. Washington State has never had a recruiting class, since he's been there, finish higher than 8th in the conference and he just finished 10-2 (7-2). You make it sound as if he has elite level talent and is going 9-3/10-2 every year and choking away conference titles, he is taking kids that have no business competing for conference titles and knocking on the door. The reason why people say Tech and Washington State will never win shit is because they haven't ever won shit.

He just took a QB that started out his college football career at a JUCO and made him the leading passer in the NCAA.

so you are saying it is "a lot easier" for UCF to go undefeated 2 years straight and win a NY6 bowl game than it is for Texas Tech to even win the Big 12 one time in 10 years with a "really great coach"

or it is easier for UH to beat FSU in a major bowl game and to do so after churning through coaches in a state with 12 D1-A programs and LSU just down the road and to end up ranked in the top 10

or it is easier for OkState, Kansas and Missouri to win the Big 12 at least one time in recent history and go to a BCS game

I mean yea if we are going with that then Texas Tech sucks dicks and should be happy to drop down to the G5 if Texas or OU leave the Big 12

or maybe Tech can get behind the idea of hiring a football coach that cares about football more than crafting an image for the stupid shit he does or what watch he wears and how his hair is did

3 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

so you are saying it is "a lot easier" for UCF to go undefeated 2 years straight and win a NY6 bowl game than it is for Texas Tech to even win the Big 12 one time in 10 years with a "really great coach"

or it is easier for UH to beat FSU in a major bowl game and to do so after churning through coaches in a state with 12 D1-A programs and LSU just down the road and to end up ranked in the top 10

or it is easier for OkState, Kansas and Missouri to win the Big 12 at least one time in recent history and go to a BCS game

I mean yea if we are going with that then Texas Tech sucks dicks and should be happy to drop down to the G5 if Texas or OU leave the Big 12

or maybe Tech can get behind the idea of hiring a football coach that cares about football more than crafting an image for the stupid shit he does or what watch he wears and how his hair is did

1. Yes, it is easier for UCF and UH to GET.. GET to a BCS/NY6 day bowl game, props to both for showing out when they got the opportunity. I'm saying in Leach's entire tenure at Tech he had to go through OU and Texas in their prime. Texas was the 2nd winning-est program in college football from 2000-2009. I know Oklahoma was in the top 5 in that same span.

2. You realize Missouri and Kansas never have won a Big 12 title. In 2007 Missouri played for it and lost to Oklahoma. In fact they lost to Oklahoma twice that year for their only two losses that season, thank god for Missouri they didn't play in the South division. Kansas lost to Missouri (who went and played in the Cotton Bowl) but backdoor-ed into the Orange Bowl against VT and props to them for winning it. Guess which teams the 2007 Kansas Jayhawk's conveniently didn't have to play that year, you probably guessed it as you were reading what I typed, Texas and OU.

3. Oklahoma State has one won Big 12 title in a year (2011) in which they choked away a chance at a National Title against Iowa State. Kudos to Gundy for taking advantage of a down year in the Big 12 that saw Texas and OU combine for a 10-8 conference record. It was also the first year with no conference championship game and round robin schedule.

4. I'm not saying y'all shouldn't strive to be better, all I'm saying is Tech has 2 conference titles since 1956... That isn't because of elite talent and a shit ton of bad luck.

5. The G5 comment was more directed towards his time at Washington State, not Texas Tech, he got better talent at Texas Tech. There are G5 schools getting better talent than what he is able to get at Washington State and yet he is still competing for conference titles.

4 minutes ago, Texas25 said:

1. Yes, it is easier for UCF and UH to GET.. GET to a BCS/NY6 day bowl game, props to both for showing out when they got the opportunity. I'm saying in Leach's entire tenure at Tech he had to go through OU and Texas in their prime. Texas was the 2nd winning-est program in college football from 2000-2009. I know Oklahoma was in the top 5 in that same span.

2. You realize Missouri and Kansas never have won a Big 12 title. In 2007 Missouri played for it and lost to Oklahoma. In fact they lost to Oklahoma twice that year for their only two losses that season, thank god for Missouri they didn't play in the South division. Kansas lost to Missouri (who went and played in the Cotton Bowl) but backdoor-ed into the Orange Bowl against VT and props to them for winning it. Guess which teams the 2007 Kansas Jayhawk's conveniently didn't have to play that year, you probably guessed it as you were reading what I typed, Texas and OU.

3. Oklahoma State has one won Big 12 title in a year (2011) in which they choked away a chance at a National Title against Iowa State. Kudos to Gundy for taking advantage of a down year in the Big 12 that saw Texas and OU combine for a 10-8 conference record. It was also the first year with no conference championship game and round robin schedule.

4. I'm not saying y'all shouldn't strive to be better, all I'm saying is Tech has 2 conference titles since 1956... That isn't because of elite talent and a shit ton of bad luck.

5. The G5 comment was more directed towards his time at Washington State, not Texas Tech, he got better talent at Texas Tech. There are G5 schools getting better talent than what he is able to get at Washington State and yet he is still competing for conference titles.

and he is losing to D1-AA programs two years in a row as well....as mike "do"

and again there is the TCU and Boise BCS comparison to make.....they got it done out of the MWC while mike shined swords and wore suits of armor

• Like 1

On 11/24/2018 at 12:04 PM, XYZ said:

Stupid Leach, I was pulling for his team last night. Always one big win shy of greatness.

Leach will have his "One shining moment", when the Luther Vandross song is played in the locker room; when the team is 11-0 giong into the Apple Cup...

3 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

I have a Bachelors, a Masters, and halfway home on a Doctorate.  

Take my money.  Helluva commute, but I'm down.

Seriously.  How many football coaches would even think to compare the sport to asymmetric warfare?  Of those, how many would actually put those thoughts out there for the whole world to critique?

• Like 1

Leach couldn't even win a fucking shit ass cotton bowl ...lost to David fucking Shula once and got his ass beaten in by Jevan fucking Snead and Houston Nutt with BEST TEAM EVER  ....yeah but he's a genius and all 
You pick 2 games. Brilliant take. He did more with nothing, relatively speaking, and you dont recognize this? Go to the basketball board or CR.

Possibly the most ridiculous stat of all coming out of Mike's tenure in Lubbock...

Number of starting QBs to lose playing time due to injury: 0

With the possible exception being Nic Shimonek last year, every single one of Kliff's QBs were hurt at one point beginning with Michael Brewer - the projected starter for Bro's first season.

(Brewer, Mayfield, Webb, Mahomes, Carter, Bowman, Duffey)

It's a gotdam miracle Kliff's skinny ass never got hurt with some of the hits he took.

BJ should have missed some, but gutted it out on one leg.

Harrell's hand was royally fucked up in the last Baylor game.

Potts was hurt more than once and didn't finish games.

Sticks got fucked up at NEB, or he might have started the following week.

• 2 weeks later...

Mike Leach is Roy McAvoy taking a 12. His fans remember the brilliance of the one time he holes the shot and will gladly forget that he shot a 12. Bleeding and battered from a self administered beating he watches with supreme satisfaction as the ball finally goes in. He seems to be more concerned with proving that it can be done doing it HIS way than with finding a way to not end up shooting a 12. His recruiting ranking after 7 years is on him. He seems to enjoy trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit. Props? I guess.

Edited by El Diablo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

Mike Leach is Roy McAvoy taking a 12. His fans remember the brilliance of the one time he holes the shot and will gladly forget that he shot a 12. Bleeding and battered from a self administered beating he watches with supreme satisfaction as the ball finally goes in. He seems to be more concerned with proving that it can be done doing it HIS way than finding a way to not end up shooting a 12. His recruiting ranking after 7 years is on him. He seems to enjoy trying to make chicken salad out of chicken shit. Props? I guess.

Getting kids to go to Pullman, Washington is easy right?  Kids from the Bay Area and SoCal wouldn't think a town of 8000 on the Palouse was anything different, now would they? Their parents would never think twice about the different world that is Eastern Washington vs their current living situations.  Lubbock was similar that way, but not quite as extreme, and that's saying something.

You casually dismiss the massive influence Mike Leach has had on football.  Line splits and wildly different blocking schemes, the segmented reads by QB and WRs on pass routes, using the pass to set up the run- especially with regard to the RBs, and going for more 4th downs certainly existed in some form before Mike Leach.  Few people have taken their execution to the levels he has, not to mention his ever-growing coaching tree also changing the football landscape.

Nope.  He's just a blip on the radar screen.  He'll be forgotten as soon as he ends his career.  Nothing to see here...

Edited by slorch

13 minutes ago, slorch said:

Getting kids to go to Pullman, Washington is easy right?  Kids from the Bay Area and SoCal wouldn't think a town of 8000 on the Palouse was anything different, now would they? Their parents would never think twice about the different world that is Eastern Washington vs their current living situations.  Lubbock was similar that way, but not quite as extreme, and that's saying something.

You casually dismiss the massive influence Mike Leach has had on football.  Line splits and wildly different blocking schemes, the segmented reads by QB and WRs on pass routes, using the pass to set up the run- especially with regard to the RBs, and going for more 4th downs certainly existed in some form before Mike Leach.  Few people have taken their execution to the levels he has, not to mention his ever-growing coaching tree also changing the football landscape.

Nope.  He's just a blip on the radar screen.  He'll be forgotten as soon as he ends his career.  Nothing to see here...

Kids want to win football games and will go wherever they need to to fulfill that dream. They also want to win championships which Leach cannot hold out as an accomplishment that he can provide.

I'm not dismissing his contributions to the game, he's quite the innovator, I'm saying that as a HC he doesn't have what it takes to win at the highest level and I don't mean the scheme, I mean Mike Leach gets in his own way and always will as a HC.

But that ONE SHOT WAS A BEAUTY!!  

2 hours ago, El Diablo said:

Kids want to win football games and will go wherever they need to to fulfill that dream. They also want to win championships which Leach cannot hold out as an accomplishment that he can provide.

I'm not dismissing his contributions to the game, he's quite the innovator, I'm saying that as a HC he doesn't have what it takes to win at the highest level and I don't mean the scheme, I mean Mike Leach gets in his own way and always will as a HC.

We'll just agree to disagree.

he scares the bejeebers out of the bluebloods, both on the field and as a prospective coach.

To say he hasn't won is just make believe in your own mind.  It's an apples and oranges argument.  You put saban or Dabo in Pullman or Lubbock and they'd be hard-pressed to match TSO's achievements.

2 hours ago, El Diablo said:

I'm confused, are you still talking about Tincup?

On ‎12‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 10:47 AM, F250 said:

I'm confused, are you still talking about Tincup?

Yes. Mike Leach's ONE SHINING MOMENT was Gideon missing an INT, Crabtree scoring a TD and his team finishing in a TIE for a piece of the South Division. Only to then be left out of all the good after parties because he'd scheduled Eastern Washington, Nevada, SMU and Massachusetts in his OOC.

That is what his fans draw their Roy McAvoy satisfaction from. Finishing that most awesome season with a bowl loss to the #20 ranked team is ignored too.

• Like 1

Yes. Mike Leach's ONE SHINING MOMENT was Gideon missing an INT, Crabtree scoring a TD and his team finishing in a TIE for a piece of the South Division. Only to then be left out of all the good after parties because he'd scheduled Eastern Washington, Nevada, SMU and Massachusetts in his OOC.
That is what his fans draw their Roy McAvoy satisfaction from. Finishing that most awesome season with a bowl loss to the #20 ranked team is ignored too.
That schedule gets you a Sugar Bowl invite in the SEC.

• immamac changed the title to No, Mike Leach, YOU'RE awesome! [Pirates Last Voyage]