Austin food help

msudawg

Passing thru town heading down to Hye on saturday but meeting a former co-worker in NW austin (Mopac / 183 area) for Brunch / early lunch. (10-11am) 

I also will have my english bulldog with me and my wife (she's the longhorn) with me so i need somewhere that has an outside patio and is dog friendly. 

Any help is appreciated. 

Thanks

I don't take our dog to restaurants so I can't really help you.  I was going to suggest Opal Divine's on MOPAC because I've often seen dogs there on the patio, but it appears to be permanently closed.  I guess it's been a while since I went.

This blog post has some suggestions, and they mention Culinary Dropout in the Domain on Rock Rose, which is a pretty cool place with decent food and drinks.  They mention a weekend brunch menu (I've only been for dinner) and hours open at 10 AM on Saturday.

https://bigworldsmallgirl.com/dog-friendly-places-austin/

Edit: Also, lots of things have changed at restaurants since the coronas, so it's likely a good idea to call ahead, make sure they're still dog-friendly, and maybe even make a reservation.  

Edited by utee94

7 hours ago, msudawg said:

Thanks. they don't open till 4pm every day though. 

No, they have a Sunday brunch.  I've been.  Their website is confusing in that regard.  I'd call and check.

I missed the part about your bulldog -- definitely call and check.

Edited by jimmyjazz

19 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Should be a ton of places near The Domain that fit that description.

Yeah I would just go find somewhere at the Domain. I saw dogs there last time I was there sitting outside, might depend on the place but Austin is hugely dog friendly.

If that doesn't work there is a GREAT Jim's just up 183. 

9 hours ago, ztejas said:

Yeah I would just go find somewhere at the Domain. I saw dogs there last time I was there sitting outside, might depend on the place but Austin is hugely dog friendly.

If that doesn't work there is a GREAT Jim's just up 183. 

Can't go wrong with Jim's. No dogs though. 

2 hours ago, msudawg said:

Thanks guys for suggestion on checking on places in the domain. called Taverna, culinary dropout, and copper's. We ended up going with Coppers because of the low-carb options. (Down 13lbs in 2 weeks on keto). 

Well you successfully trolled us all into attempting to help, when you were actually looking for shitty low-carb crap.   Please don't bother ever, EVER, asking for suggestions here again.

Seriously though, glad you found a place for your special needs.  Live long and prosper. :)

Well you successfully trolled us all into attempting to help, when you were actually looking for shitty low-carb crap.   Please don't bother ever, EVER, asking for suggestions here again.

Seriously though, glad you found a place for your special needs.  Live long and prosper.

Lol wtf. The low carb is for all of us.. But I might fall off and eat something bad in 10 hours.

I love carbs.. And damn good food. So when I out of town (in dfw) I look for local places that are damn good food.

#HailState - Go Bulldogs

• Haha 1