Squirrel in roof soffit

Armybrat

Not in the attic as far as we can tell. Had a baited trap up there for two weeks undisturbed. We can hear it scratching around the perimeters of the house in one corner. I actually saw it come out of an intake register under the boxed in eave.

Screwed said eave shut, set trap baited with peanuts & pecans on nearby patio. Gottdam squirrel has stolen the bait out of the trap, tripping it shut, but he evades getting caught inside... three times now. Squirrel still gets in the eave soffit somehow, but we have searched all around the house and can’t discover any entrance holes. We wake up every morning at 6:30 to hear the bastid overhead scratching around. Am getting sick & tired of trying to catch it alive.

Each attempt to shoot it with my pellet rifle, the sumbitch runs off before I can take aim. 

Has anyone used a pest removal service, and what are the pitfalls there besides spending hundreds of $$$?

Edited by Armybrat

Username experienced?

Have sprayed wasp/hornet spray down the Inside course of the soffit on one side of the house, and dumped some Cayenne pepper inside the intake register. That worked to keep it away from that area for a a few days, but it just moved around to the other side of that corner of the house.

Edited by Armybrat

We had a big problem with this in East Dallas and tried lots of stuff - scent spray, traps, noises, etc.  Even broke down and baited a trap with poison to no avail.  Finally one of the neighbors brought over a strobe light and set it up just right in the attic so it flashed right where they were.

The squirrels got sick of the DJ and moved down the street to the foam party.

Seriously, it worked in 2 nights.

• Hook 'Em 1

armybrat, I know you've said it before...but what part of Centex are you in?  I rarely endorse services, but my guy is the absolute best.  Does it all organically, cleanly, and humanely. He's un-fucking-believable.  He's found animals in my walls like a bizarro Steve Irwin.  He's the fucking best, hands down.  And he takes the shit personal.  He comes back as many times as it takes on the first quote to eradicate every single issue with mess, no fuss.  I used to do all that kinda pest control aronud the house and then we used this guy once ten years ago and I was hooked.  Never seen anybody in that field that smart, that thorough, and that prideful in eradicating.   I'll PM you the details if you're interested.