Windows XP Source Code Leaked to 4chan

Captainant

That's pretty similar to the one we've got, I think.  I'll admit I haven't even looked at it in quite a while, and have never needed to use it, but it's not super oldschool (relatively speaking) like what my grandma had in her house or anything.  

A couple of times a year, one of our grant writers will be in there poking at that thing.  Then the place they submitted it to will return it for some small reason and they've got to do it all over again.

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/25/2020 at 2:05 PM, Lobo said:

Our bank just went off Windows XP less than two years ago after running the same software for over 15 years.  both my OCC and FDIC regulators told me we had to make the switch for security reasons as we embarked on some Fintech ventures and they didn't care what it cost us.  I guess I'm glad we did it.  Of course we're still running FiServe Precision as our core processor, which itself is run in Milwaukee on Windows XP.  

People think bringing down our financial system happens through shitty loans or a bad week on Wall Street or crippling our electrical grid.  One well placed virus inside of FiServ and Jack Henry software systems and every bank transaction in this country is locked out, including every digital payment, credit card, debit card, auto-draft, settling of every public markets transaction to cash, even the inter-bank activity all the way up to the Federal Reserve system.  Those two companies handle the movement of a couple trillion dollars a day and while the Federal Reserve bank system is the most buttoned-up security system in the world...FiServ and Jack Henry can be broken into by a bored Chinese teenager  with an Apple Newton.  

Lol, I work for FIserv and First Data prior to that; you have no idea how many times a day we get attacked. Not saying we’re impervious (nobody is) but if it were as simple as you claim shit would have happened a long, long time ago....