2021 OL Max Merril

texifornia

Oh my God it's an offensive tackle! Seems like we've fallen back-assward into a reasonably solid take.

Hook 'em!

https://247sports.com/player/max-merril-46098821/

eb1.gif

Boyd's eval: https://insidetexas.com/recruiting-max-merril-commits-to-texas/

Merril comes from Strake Jesuit, where he was once teammates with Jett Bush. The Crusaders have him lined up at left tackle in their offense, but at 6-foot-4 he’ll need to grow, have a wide wingspan, or be exceptionally quick on his feet to stay there in college. Merril’s positive traits do include quick feet, a lot of skill on inside zone run schemes, and a real nastiness. He loves to finish blocks in as painful a fashion as he can arrange for the defender but he plays smart and with good timing on combo blocks. He’ll probably slide inside to guard but he’s quick enough to have a chance outside, again pending how good his reach proves to be once he’s on campus.

Edited by texifornia
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

I like him better than most of our recon offers. Now let’s find a late bloomer and a transfer and salvage this OL class. 

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Boyd's eval: https://insidetexas.com/recruiting-max-merril-commits-to-texas/

Merril comes from Strake Jesuit, where he was once teammates with Jett Bush. The Crusaders have him lined up at left tackle in their offense, but at 6-foot-4 he’ll need to grow, have a wide wingspan, or be exceptionally quick on his feet to stay there in college. Merril’s positive traits do include quick feet, a lot of skill on inside zone run schemes, and a real nastiness. He loves to finish blocks in as painful a fashion as he can arrange for the defender but he plays smart and with good timing on combo blocks. He’ll probably slide inside to guard but he’s quick enough to have a chance outside, again pending how good his reach proves to be once he’s on campus.

So who’s gonna tell Boyd that his coworker Gerry Hamilton says Merril has an NFL OT wingspan? Really seems like Boyd has access to all the information he needs to figure out if Merril is a Tackle or Guard, yet he still gets the 50/50 proposition wrong. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

5, 3, 2, 4, 1

you're a very knowledgeable and likable guy, texifornia.  we have many overlapping interests that you do a good job unintentionally keeping me up to date on some of those interests.

but this rating (specifically 3, 4, and 1) is batshit crazy.  oh well, different strokes.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, sidis said:

you're a very knowledgeable and likable guy, texifornia.  we have many overlapping interests that you do a good job unintentionally keeping me up to date on some of those interests.

but this rating (specifically 3, 4, and 1) is batshit crazy.  oh well, different strokes.

Hey, A Beautiful Mind did an excellent job of showing why it's advantageous to have friends with completely different taste in women.

38 minutes ago, texifornia said:

If you can't appreciate girls in sundresses and cowboy boots, I can see why Stanford was the school for you.

Literally the worst look for any attractive female.  If you are wearing a sundress I want to see your legs below your knee.

I will say that going from Stanford to Texas football games, I was immediately and naively stuck by the "dress up" at Texas games.

Our games started at 11 am, we could take beer in in our backpacks, and you could actually carry kegs into the stadium.  By 1 pm, the sun was beating down on you (although it was still reasonably cool compared to Texas) and you felt like passing out..

Standard issue clothing for men - shorts, no shirt.  Standard issue clothing for women shorts, t-shirt/halter top.  You know, football clothes.

Now I will shut up, yay recruit!

2 minutes ago, tantric superman said:

Literally the worst look for any attractive female.  If you are wearing a sundress I want to see your legs below your knee.

Good god man. The combination of sundresses and cowgirl boots is like the new smoking cigarettes-- you know they put out. Spit some game and you'll get to see more than knees. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

I will say that going from Stanford to Texas football games, I was immediately and naively stuck by the "dress up" at Texas games.
Our games started at 11 am, we could take beer in in our backpacks, and you could actually carry kegs into the stadium.  By 1 pm, the sun was beating down on you (although it was still reasonably cool compared to Texas) and you felt like passing out..
Standard issue clothing for men - shorts, no shirt.  Standard issue clothing for women shorts, t-shirt/halter top.  You know, football clothes.
Now I will shut up, yay recruit!

Jagsfan.gif
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3