Iowa State @ TCU - FS1

Neonmoon

2 minutes ago, Braff Zacklin said:

1200x630.jpg

TCU QB Max Duggan cleared to play, starting status unclear

ByJEREMY CLARK Sep 21, 11:57 AM

TCU starting quarterback Max Duggan has been cleared to play in the Frogs’ season opener against Iowa State on Saturday. Frogs’ head coach Gary Patterson confirmed the news via the Big 12 coaches teleconference on Monday.

"Max has been back for almost two weeks," Patterson said. "(Matthew) Downing is here and also Stephon (Brown). So we have all three."

That’s huge news for TCU and Frog fans as Duggan was battling a heart condition that led to him having a procedure back in mid-August to correct it. The condition was found during TCU’s team protocol for COVID-19 testing. Duggan missed several weeks of practice until returning to the field last week. When the news first broke of Duggan's condition, Patterson stated he was unclear when the sophomore quarterback could return. 

“Max has a condition that he’s had his whole life and we caught it,” Patterson said. “Right now he’s in a good place and hopefully he’ll be getting back sometime during the season. Right now we’ll be going forward with the rest of the quarterbacks. It’s a thing he was born with and I’m just glad we found it; I can say that.”'

Although Patterson says Duggan is ready to go, he did not confirm if he would be the starter. Last season Duggan started ten games for the Frogs as a true freshman while throwing for 2,077 yards and 15 touchdowns; which are both records for true freshmen quarterbacks at the Big 12 school. He also added 555 rushing yards which was good enough for second on the team in 2019.

A former four-star recruit out of Iowa, in his return home against Iowa State last season Duggan completed 17-of-25 passes for 219 yards with two touchdowns.

With Duggan’s absence, Downing took the first-team reps at quarterback while Brown was the backup. Patterson did not confirm who would be getting the start against the Cyclones and said all three could end up playing. Downing is a former walk-on who is now on scholarship; he did not see any action in 2019 after appearing in four games as a true freshman at Georgia. Brown was rated as the No. 1 JUCO quarterback in the nation for the 2020 recruiting class. 

"(Max is) good, I don't know if he'll start," Patterson said. "Downing's been the guy since — and he's really thrown the ball really well. We have three quarterbacks, all of them have a part of the package in the game plan and we'll go forward with it."

TCU is looking to bounce back from a 5-7 season in 2019, which fell well below expectations. Iowa State is looking to rebound from their season-opening 31-14 loss to Louisiana.

https://247sports.com/college/tcu/Article/Max-Duggan-cleared-versus-Iowa-State-151776785/

2 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Fuck tcu. 

Fuck fatterson. 

Fuck Evans.

Fuck Kelly.

Fuck QJ for flipping.

Fuck Tom for keeping that shitstain as wr coach.

Hook'em!

Afraid I'm going to have to deduct one point for failure to mention cockroach.

19 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Zach Evans hasn’t gotten in the game and appears to currently be 4th on the depth chart.   I expect a transfer or an off field incident before the start of next season.  That dude is a locker room disaster waiting to happen if he isn’t an immediate star.  

TCU’s walk on QB is a complete non-threat, and they will suck this year if he has to play no matter how good the defense is.   Patterson will hook Duggan up to a defibrillator and send him out soon.

Despite all that, they’re much better than Iowa State, who appears to have reverted to Kevin Steele era Baylor bad in one offseason.  

Lol I had not paid attention to recruiting over the spring and summer.  Thought that guy was almost guaranteed to bama. Just did a little digging, looks like none of his top 5 even wanted him.  Idiot.

49 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

TCU’s walk on QB is a complete non-threat, and they will suck this year if he has to play no matter how good the defense is.   Patterson will hook Duggan up to a defibrillator and send him out soon.

Despite all that, they’re much better than Iowa State, who appears to have reverted to Kevin Steele era Baylor bad in one offseason.  

You seem to have a real knack for predicting the game of football. Where can I sign up for your newsletter?