Game Thread: Horns v. Raiders

South Austin

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Absolutely fucking ridiculous officiating not to call the blatant holding on the game deciding play. 

Fuck Big 12 refs. The only reason Bowman got the pass off was because they held Graham. 

Yeah.  Really blatant.  And the replay refs too.  Overturning the call?  Missing the step out of bounds.

And I'm not going to read through 80 pages of bitching, but did they mark the Texas offense 1 yard short on just about every play in the 2nd half?

3 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Absolutely fucking ridiculous officiating not to call the blatant holding on the game deciding play. 

Fuck Big 12 refs. The only reason Bowman got the pass off was because they held Graham. 

holding by tech does not exist in lubbock. moose out front should have told ya.

1 minute ago, bullet said:

Yeah.  Really blatant.  And the replay refs too.  Overturning the call?  Missing the step out of bounds.

And I'm not going to read through 80 pages of bitching, but did they mark the Texas offense 1 yard short on just about every play in the 2nd half?

Frequently yes. I remember Roschon getting within 6 inches of a first down and they marked him a full yard short. The play before he got it on 4th down with the scrum push. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Every championship team seems to need to have 1 win like this.  Positive sign?

But we have to get some pass rush or teams will eat us up.  I made the comment for the UTEP game that they could throw 5-7 yard pitch and catch every play.  Tech took advantage of that.  But mainly they outhustled us for 56:19.  Their secondary outfought our receivers.  Their receivers outfought our defenders.  It made me nervous in the first half.  We just looked kind of lackadaisical.

4 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

I need to go get drunk again 

Honestly the most beer I've consumed during a game in years.  I'm in deep shit with my better half for drunkingly yelling at one of the bullshit plays in the second half (do not ask me to remember which one) and scaring the hell out of my 8-month-old and my 5-year-old.  Weirdly, my 2-year-old thought it was funny as shit.  She and I will sleep on the couch together tonight.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1