Game Thread: Horns v. Raiders

South Austin

23 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Lulz... Serious fucking lulz.. lackadaisical? That's your word for it? Championship teams?

Okay.. okay . Okay... Okay.. 

Every championship team wins a game they shouldn't when they have a bad day.

There were lots of areas of concern, but the main thing was that we just didn't seem to be into the game.  No intensity for 56 1/2 minutes.  They out hustled us every single play.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, msucolt45 said:

A “W” is a “W”, but damn man! I don’t know going forward. Vast improvement in all “three” phases of the game will be required to beat the Frogs next week.

It’s complacency to me. Like they are okay to be up ten and just coast. We need killers. 

3 minutes ago, bullet said:

Every championship team wins a game they shouldn't when they have a bad day.

There were lots of areas of concern, but the main thing was that we just didn't seem to be into the game.  No intensity for 56 1/2 minutes.  They out hustled us every single play.

Hmmmmmmmm.

Almost as if they had their minds on something else...

Wonder what that would be?

Edited by Cajun

20 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Brando and Tillman made a good point - the only one of the game. There’s gonna be several 1 and 2-loss conference champions this year. I said Covid isn’t an excuse for our piss poor D, but it’s enough to trip up any team. I can’t see many if any unscathed teams this year. I thought Urban saying OU had little shot of making the playoff now was just wrong. 

Well I think you also saw it in the SEC.  No warmup games.  Georgia looked like what Uga leaves in the back of his doghouse for the first half.  LSU lost.

28 minutes ago, Stannis said:

Honestly the most beer I've consumed during a game in years.  I'm in deep shit with my better half for drunkingly yelling at one of the bullshit plays in the second half (do not ask me to remember which one) and scaring the hell out of my 8-month-old and my 5-year-old.  Weirdly, my 2-year-old thought it was funny as shit.  She and I will sleep on the couch together tonight.

Every time I took a sip bad things happened.  So I set it on the table through the last 3:41 and OT!  Then I started again!

4 minutes ago, HeyMcFly said:

It’s complacency to me. Like they are okay to be up ten and just coast. We need killers. 

our OL is trash again.  there is no way to coast if you OL can't control the trenches.  Herman keeps thinking he has improved the OL. they are awful.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Out hussled, out coached, out played for a majority of the game.. 

I'm gonna take the new defense record of points allowed to Tech, the terrible play and coaching along with the W and move on. 

It's a broken record with Herman, but we won so, I'm grateful for that. 

All. Of. This.

Every last word.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, RollLeft said:

Damn!!!  Sam told Herman at 3 minutes..."they left us too much time.  We are gonna tie this and win in ot."  Balls baby.

I was thinking with that long run for that TD, we've got a chance!  Lot of time left.  I felt better than before they scored.

Honestly the most beer I've consumed during a game in years.  I'm in deep shit with my better half for drunkingly yelling at one of the bullshit plays in the second half (do not ask me to remember which one) and scaring the hell out of my 8-month-old and my 5-year-old.  Weirdly, my 2-year-old thought it was funny as shit.  She and I will sleep on the couch together tonight.

I switched from beer to booze at 5pm. This does not bode well for my tomorrow.

Ah well. I'll take it!

• Hook 'Em 1