Game Thread: Horns v. Raiders

South Austin

5 minutes ago, bullet said:

Nah.  It was holding or chop block on every first down.

And none of them were bad calls.  Just sloppy by the Oline.

Okafor was the worst criminal. We were so clean in the first half. We have to work on tackling, too. So many first attempts were easily broken arm tackles. Juwon needs to spend an afternoon with the tackling dummies.

16 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

If we don’t revert to Herman play calling most of the second half we score 70 and win easy.

I thought the same thing.  A whole lot of nervous pussy rubbing for our offense today.  Looked nothing like UTEP.  I’m pretty sure Herman is a Mack pussy clone.  

Just now, lemonandaturd said:

After watching Spencer Rattler today, Bowman may be the best QB we see this year and the game was in Lubbock.  Purdy and that new TCU QB suck.  Is Brewer healthy?  We have a lot to fix on D but gottdam,  I am happy.  

Max Duggan played today. I'm assuming that's who we'll see next week. 

Nah.  It was holding or chop block on every first down.
And none of them were bad calls.  Just sloppy by the Oline.

All three phases were inconsistent. Terrible, terrible at times and bright spots at others. It is what it is. I’m most worried about the defense. Same sloppy tackling as usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I took a long break from this board and just checked in today after watching the longhorns piss their pants and blowing the lead. I turned the game off and only kept checking the score on my phone and couldn't believe they won. I hope Herman is gone if he doesn't win the Big 12 because this is pathetic regardless of the win.

4 minutes ago, TucoRamirez said:

All three phases were inconsistent. Terrible, terrible at times and bright spots at others. It is what it is. I’m most worried about the defense. Same sloppy tackling as usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah.  I was worried last week.  UTEP didn't take much advantage of us leaving receivers free for those 5-7 yard slants.  This week the tackling was sloppy in addition.  And the secondary gave up on some plays.

After watching Spencer Rattler today, Bowman may be the best QB we see this year and the game was in Lubbock.  Purdy and that new TCU QB suck.  Is Brewer healthy?  We have a lot to fix on D but gottdam,  I am happy.  

You’re happy because you’re a retard that just found a crayon between the couch cushions to snack on. We just went to OT with the team that barely beat Houston fucking Baptist by two goddamned points. HOUSTON FUCKING BAPTIST. Fuck Herman and fuck you.
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

Holy shit. I had a work event and had to record the second half of the game. Of course my recording stops with us down 8 with a minute left. I figure "It's at tech, Herman is our coach, no fucking way, it's over"

Then I check the score on ESPN.

I saw highlights on ESPN but if anyone has a recording I can watch of the last drive and OT I'd appreciate it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

I took a long break from this board and just checked in today after watching the longhorns piss their pants and blowing the lead. I turned the game off and only kept checking the score on my phone and couldn't believe they won. I hope Herman is gone if he doesn't win the Big 12 because this is pathetic regardless of the win.

WTF, we won dude.

Holy shit I turned this off at 56-41. Has there ever been a game where each team blocked a punt for a TD and successfully executed an onside kick?

No quit in this team but man our coaches are regarded 

Did Bijan return? Looked like pars fractures for sure. Maybe he’s got some of that VY juju 

• Like 1

You’re happy because you’re a retard that just found a crayon between the couch cushions to snack on. We just went to OT with the team that barely beat Houston fucking Baptist by two goddamned points. HOUSTON FUCKING BAPTIST. Fuck Herman and fuck you.

OU lost to a team that lost to Arkansas....Arkan fucking Sas.............

..........State

Observations: 

Play calling is bad.  We don’t have the speed to be running so many East/West, slow developing plays.  Also, we’ve always been horrible at calling plays to complement the players’ strengths. A razzle-dazzle pass...why not do that with RoJo...or even Wiley (former QBs)??  Also WR screens to our least-athletic WRs, but I guess that’s an improvement to throwing them to TEs. 

OL isn’t good, but maybe it’s a technical/assignment issue and not them just being sucky at football?

I don’t really like our RBs. They are solid guys, but no homerun ability whatsoever. Bijan doesn’t look as electric/quick/elusive as I was expecting (assuming he’s still alive). 

BJ Foster is horrible at tackling. 

We’re gonna be fine. I’d rather be us than BLOWU anytime and all the time, but especially tonight. This is a strange year to say the least. Crazy shit is going to be more the norm than ever this season. And there is a lot more season left. Stow the hangman’s noose and belay the yahoo doomsday reactions a bit longer this year. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Max Duggan played today. I'm assuming that's who we'll see next week. 

Yep...

Matthew Downing started and played the first half for the Frogs; he completed 11-of-21 passes for 159 yards with a score. Max Duggan entered the game in the second half and finished the game 16-of-19 for 241 yards with 3 touchdowns

tcu vs TEXAS next Saturday at 11:00am

Edited by LTtxfan

4 minutes ago, HeyMcFly said:

I’m not gonna say I was the guy who won the game for us but I took my new polo off the moment after tech made that long ass run and put my og Texas shirt on and came back. Y’all welcome

I switched my polo sometime in the 4th quarter too, to whatever I wore two weeks ago.

• Hook 'Em 1