Game Thread: Horns v. Raiders

South Austin

What used to seem like mathematical or theoretical possibilities in the past became real today. Down 15 , scoring 2 TDs, recovering an on-site kick and getting a two-point conversion only to win it in OT. What we witnessed tonight was nothing short of amazing. I am grateful for the the luck and the fight and the improbable win. \m/

Edited by VaLonghorn99
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, VaLonghorn99 said:

What used to seem like mathematical or theoretical possibilities in the past became realtoday. Down 15 , scoring 2 TDs, recovering an on-site kick and getting a two-point conversion only to win it in OT. What we witnessed tonight was nothing short of amazing. I am grateful for the the luck and the fight and the improbable win. \m/

You do know we were favored by 19 points?

Right?

That means we win in regulation by 13-22 and not relying on a miraculous 15 point comeback.

Right?

Edited by Macanudo

I’m not gonna say I was the guy who won the game for us but I took my new polo off the moment after tech made that long ass run and put my og Texas shirt on and came back. Y’all welcome

Yeah well, that’s like your opinion man. So I um switched from airbuds to car radio at 3:13 while drinking a White Russian and in my mind was responsible for the game, man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, HeyMcFly said:

I’m not gonna say I was the guy who won the game for us but I took my new polo off the moment after tech made that long ass run and put my og Texas shirt on and came back. Y’all welcome

Would like to say I had something to do with this cluster fuck. After dude ran for six and tt went up 15, I said fuck it, went outside and hit wedges. Wife came home and asked if we won. Said hell no and moped around awhile. Finally started watching again so I could see the final. Wanted to torture myself. Could not believe the finish. Looked like shit but we won. Sam kinda saved the day.

Fuck it, but Hook'em! Hell yea!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, EastTexan said:

Would like to say I had something to do with this cluster fuck. After dude ran for six and tt went up 15, I said fuck it, went outside and hit wedges. Wife came home and asked if we won. Said hell no and moped around awhile. Finally started watching again so I could see the final. Wanted to torture myself. Could not believe the finish. Looked like shit but we won. Sam kinda saved the day.

Fuck it, but Hook'em! Hell yea!

I need some wedge practice. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, texifornia said:

That's... not exactly how that recruitment played out but ok

I know how it played out. He trashed Texas repeatedly and then bounced around and settled with TCU since nobody else would take him. I was just pointed out that karma is a bitch. I wish nothing but bad things to recruits who trash us after receiving a scholarship offer from us.

Just now, ShowMeALoss said:

I know how it played out. He trashed Texas repeatedly and then bounced around and settled with TCU since nobody else would take him. I was just pointed out that karma is a bitch. I wish nothing but bad things to recruits who trash us after receiving a scholarship offer from us.

This is fair. They way you'd put it gave TCU a lot more credit than they deserved I thought

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Anyone care to explain how the hit on him while he’s upside down wasn’t 1)leading with the helmet and 2) hitting a defenseless player?

Not sure, but grateful I didn’t have to sit through them replaying it 20x during a review 

2 hours ago, EZ$ said:

Observations: 

Play calling is bad.  We don’t have the speed to be running so many East/West, slow developing plays.  Also, we’ve always been horrible at calling plays to complement the players’ strengths. A razzle-dazzle pass...why not do that with RoJo...or even Wiley (former QBs)??  Also WR screens to our least-athletic WRs, but I guess that’s an improvement to throwing them to TEs. 

OL isn’t good, but maybe it’s a technical/assignment issue and not them just being sucky at football?

I don’t really like our RBs. They are solid guys, but no homerun ability whatsoever. Bijan doesn’t look as electric/quick/elusive as I was expecting (assuming he’s still alive). 

BJ Foster is horrible at tackling. 

My worry with Bijan was that he was ran into the ground in high school. Hoping that isn’t the case.