Game Thread: Horns v. Raiders

South Austin

3 hours ago, Longboard Horn said:

But, but.... I talked so much shit!

95B9F890-C984-4286-9046-8E24282E01CA.jpeg

I love that people all over the country and from other fanbases are taking a big collective dump all over this asshat. And not just because it's us, and not because it's the Horns down ... but because idiotic shit-talking is fucking out of control. I really don't care for trash talking by even the best players, but scrubs talking shit has always soooo gotten under my skin. And the funny thing is, most of the truly great players won't talk shit even when they're destroying you.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Lone Star Horn said:

always add an hour to live sports when recording on DVR. better to be safe than sorry

Yes, I normally do but had forgotten to, and also had other family factors in play. Had the in-laws visiting and wife wanting to get dinner on the table. We have a converted bedroom as our TV room and I was running between there and our kitchen, ALL the  while trying to avoid the death lasers coming from the Mrs.'s eyes.....I am lucky to still be here with you guys. 😜

Edited by BillyGoatHill

Game was nuts.  Can't believe Tech blew it, cause they actually just blew it in the last 3 minutes.  I thought the game was over.  Special teams was all over the board, bad and good.  Tech should wear throwbacks every game, and the horns down was in bad form and brought the jinx.  This coming from a Tech guy.  Wife who is a Longhorn was happy, so there is a balance.

10 minutes ago, Moby Ric said:

Game was nuts.  Can't believe Tech blew it, cause they actually just blew it in the last 3 minutes.  I thought the game was over.  Special teams was all over the board, bad and good.  Tech should wear throwbacks every game, and the horns down was in bad form and brought the jinx.  This coming from a Tech guy.  Wife who is a Longhorn was happy, so there is a balance.

Congrats on the sympathy pussy.

Damn...I got caught up with some stuff and missed most of this game....does anyone know when LHN plays the replay? I know they usually do the next day. But later this week? I was out of town and didn't have a chance to record as I thought I would be watching the whole game. Appreciate any insight into when they usuallly run replays.

7 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

Damn...I got caught up with some stuff and missed most of this game....does anyone know when LHN plays the replay? I know they usually do the next day. But later this week? I was out of town and didn't have a chance to record as I thought I would be watching the whole game. Appreciate any insight into when they usuallly run replays.

Check post #4369, hotshot.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Tailgate said:

YouTube is your friend. These channels post games as quickly as an hour after the broadcast ends. Victors Valiant is a great channel for comprehensive game highlights if you don't want to see the whole game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

just an FYI, you can find virtually any football game on youtube just by searching for the teams, i.e. "Texas vs Texas Tech" and setting the filter to "long > 20 minutes." The game was up on youtube like within the hour after it had ended.

EDIT: ^great minds

Edited by BigXII
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 9/27/2020 at 8:44 AM, Bullneck said:

PSA: the game replay is on right now on FS1.  1 minute before half.  

How in the hell did they not show the whole game on the replay?  At least they didn't in Nac.  Cut off when the scores were still in the 40's, which really pissed me off since I couldn't watch the game live.  Had to "listen" to the game on LHN statcast.

Edited by SHOOTER12

lol, at least I saw your post and dug through to find those quotes

I was commenting on the TTU fan’s tweet that the Bowman horns down memes are a sign that Texas fans are “obsessed” with the horns down and that it’s kinda “sad.” I found it ironic that teams who regularly do horns down even when they aren’t playing us think we are obsessed. But I couldn’t get my post to not look like a mess.

Watched the last minutes of the game again. Damn the execution on both sides of the ball was sharp except obviously the obligatory OL penalties. It just isn’t Texas football if they don’t get at or near the red zone with the game on the line and have the OL put them in a 1st and 20 (or whatever the down and distance was after the consecutive OL penalties).