The Season is Over- 2nd game.

Tex Pete

56 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Once again, OU loses, we don’t capitalize. They’ll win the conference for the 185th time. Nothing to play for  

I swear that some of you have never experienced any adversity in your lives and I also have to question how much football you've watched.   Even had we lost the season would not have been over. Being that we won, it most definitely isn't. 

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Once again, OU loses, we don’t capitalize. They’ll win the conference for the 185th time. Nothing to play for  

Fuck you, Tom. Fuck Kris Ash. Fuck Mike Yurcich. 

Perfectly executed and timed reverse jinx. You came through when the team needed you the most.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

One of the things I love about Surly is blood in the water. Everybody gets bit and will sooner or later.  Glad I took a walk and stepped away from the computer before jumping early.  I'd have hated to bail off the ledge before a come from behind victory.  Glad I caught the ending.  Now, Pete's getting bit.  

Edited by Mdhorn

6 minutes ago, RabidM said:

Perfectly executed and timed reverse jinx. You came through when the team needed you the most.  

I'd like to think the entire board helped reverse jinx it. Some dude in the gamethread said he went out to cut the yard. I changed the channel and took my burnt orange polo off. I think Brisket was watching the Hallmark channel...

Job well done guys.

2 minutes ago, NAVY said:

Which timeline is this ?

I've lost track. I thought we were on the Sam Ehlinger Texas savior timeline, then in the 4th quarter we took a sharp left onto the Ewers savior timeline, and now I think we're somewhere in the middle in blueblood purgatory. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

Fuck you, Tom. Fuck Kris Ash. Fuck Mike Yurcich. 

Pretty sure this isn’t as “impactful” as as you envisioned when you wrote it, but we all went through a lot today.

Edited by Wishbone

31 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I'd like to think the entire board helped reverse jinx it. Some dude in the gamethread said he went out to cut the yard. I changed the channel and took my burnt orange polo off. I think Brisket was watching the Hallmark channel...

Job well done guys.

I quit drinking.  (but just for 3:41 and OT).

Edited by bullet

2 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

I swear that some of you have never experienced any adversity in your lives and I also have to question how much football you've watched.   Even had we lost the season would not have been over. Being that we won, it most definitely isn't. 

Yeah, that’s it. I literally attend probably 40 football games of different levels every year. 

You may have missed it, but we haven’t won the Big 12 very many times, regardless of how many games OU loses. That’s because we rarely capitalize on their losses.

Glad we’re still in it and I was wrong today. I’m certainly not mad.