Not sure we will ever see a crazier game.

naija

2 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

there is a lot going on here

Tech is a lot better than they looked against HBU one needs to remember their QB is a momentum guy and his last momentum was walking off the field well over a year ago fucked up

Texas usually starts the year off like shit and they throttled UTEP so that was a positive, but probably went to the players heads a little bit (yea I know UTEP, but still) and unfortunately probably to the coaches

meanwhile the tech coaches probably tore some players a new asshole

now look at today and HBU is giving a game to a LaTech team that usually plays well and UTEP has 3 fucking wins and blew a team out....sure it was ULM, but ULM always punches above their weight and when was the last time UTEP throttled anyone

this was an OK game for Texas because now the coaches can tear the team a new asshole for a reason, Oklahoma looks beatable, the SEC SEC SEC had some ranked teams lose and may have a couple of more lose by the end of the day and Texas should move up 2 spots

it is a wake up call that KSU still beats better teams, and that ISU is not total shit

this year is still a massive year for Tom and the team, but Texas got past one of the teams that always comes hard for Texas, they did it in the second game of the season on the road and now the coaches can go to work

time will tell, but Texas closed out the win after letting shit get out of control which has not been the MO for a while now

That's a lot of words for "the Horns were fucking lucky as hell".

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

there is a lot going on here

Tech is a lot better than they looked against HBU one needs to remember their QB is a momentum guy and his last momentum was walking off the field well over a year ago fucked up

Texas usually starts the year off like shit and they throttled UTEP so that was a positive, but probably went to the players heads a little bit (yea I know UTEP, but still) and unfortunately probably to the coaches

meanwhile the tech coaches probably tore some players a new asshole

now look at today and HBU is giving a game to a LaTech team that usually plays well and UTEP has 3 fucking wins and blew a team out....sure it was ULM, but ULM always punches above their weight and when was the last time UTEP throttled anyone

this was an OK game for Texas because now the coaches can tear the team a new asshole for a reason, Oklahoma looks beatable, the SEC SEC SEC had some ranked teams lose and may have a couple of more lose by the end of the day and Texas should move up 2 spots

it is a wake up call that KSU still beats better teams, and that ISU is not total shit

this year is still a massive year for Tom and the team, but Texas got past one of the teams that always comes hard for Texas, they did it in the second game of the season on the road and now the coaches can go to work

time will tell, but Texas closed out the win after letting shit get out of control which has not been the MO for a while now

1496177123-NS-11redriver62-AJ.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2

Texas did what a lot of great teams do when they're losing a game they should win. In the end, they asserted their superiority with great confidence.

Does this mean we're a great team? I don't know. We did finish like winners.

ps I see why some people are down on Okafor. The guy nearly single-handedly stymied our offense.

But I'm happy. Fuck it. 2-0, baby. OU and LSU wish they were us right now.

• Hook 'Em 7

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Texas did what a lot of great teams do when they're losing a game they should win. In the end, they asserted their superiority with great confidence.

ps I see why some people are down on Okafor. The guy nearly single-handedly stymied our offense.

But I'm happy. Fuck it. 2-0, baby. OU and LSU wish they were us right now.

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Played like shit in the second half and never should have gotten behind but Tech is a hard out every time. It says something about the team that they kept their heads in the game and didn’t give up. I mean there was a lot of good fortune too...

Winning is better than losing. Nice to see Eagles and Moore rise to the occasion. Ingram was nails late too

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Anyone not happy about the win is not a real fan.

But that doesn't mean you can't be concerned about how this game was played. The penalties, missed tackles, play calling, giving up 56 points. Things like that always come back to bite the program in the ass later on. Hopefully Herman learns his lesson this year and fixes the issues before it is too late.

• Hook 'Em 5

You know that horror movie where the protagonist is running away from a dim, pigeon footed, obese killer with bad hygiene and a butter knife with one concrete sharpened, crooked edge and then the protagonist, armed with a bazooka trips and blows off both legs and one hand but still manages to get to safety after he fashions a crutch and bludgeons the fat killer while he's stroking out? Sound like a good story?  

Edited by Mdhorn

7 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

If you can't get pleasure out of win that looked like a sure loss with 3 minutes to go, I feel sorry for you. We may suck. We did come back.

Enjoy the sport the way you choose, I guess.

The comeback was fantastic. I enjoyed the fuck out of it.  

There's a whole lot of wtf packed in there. Our defense would make a river of diarrhea look like a steel wall.

You all fucking owe me.

For those that don’t know I am a volunteer firefighter

Well I see the first few mins of the game and then we start running calls.

I come home to watch us give up the lead and then I watch the run to give Tech 56.

I get another call and leave - boom. The magic happens. I stayed away during OT just to make sure.

Crazy.

• Hook 'Em 4

38 minutes ago, RabidM said:

Shit... happy to take any win, but I just dramatically lowered my expectations for this team. Yes, it's one game, but it's the same shit. OL can't handle a stunt. Defense gets gashed.  The offense stalls, stupid penalties, just can't execute, inexplicable quarter long droughts of complete dog shit.  The DL looks like they could makes things better on D than last year, but... we're going to have to win too many shoot outs.  

At least we saw stunts before OU this year. Seems like our OL was trying to interpret French when we saw it from OU last year.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

69f6946aa91d7db39dd8dbc43b587898.jpg

and there was till plenty more to come. best regular season Texas game since Arkie in '69, and seeing as that was the de facto national championship game, i don't have a problem calling this the best, most exciting regular season game in Texas history.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know about best regular season game. So much of it was sloppy and full of mistakes. It just had a crazy ending.

Didn't Vince Young win a crazy game against Okie St on Halloween one year? That one was probably better.

9 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

I don't know about best regular season game. So much of it was sloppy and full of mistakes. It just had a crazy ending.

Didn't Vince Young win a crazy game against Okie St on Halloween one year? That one was probably better.

We had like 3 in a row.  One year we were down 28-9 at half and won 47-28.  Another year was similar.  Then there was VY's 2nd greatest performance.  Down 35-7 with 2 minutes left in first half.  Drove the field to cut it to 35-14.  Final score 56-35.  49 straight points.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

i dunno man. both teams blocking punts for TDs, both teams recovering onside kicks, both teams blowing double digit leads, Texas being down 15 with 3 minutes left and then forcing OT and winning there? In Lubbock? i don't recall a better, crazier regular season Texas game that I've ever seen.