Vandy @ aggy

Elmer_Fudd

aggy should be terrified of their schedule after that performance.  How good do they think Mond is that he can play uncaring.... about his NFL prospects or getting decapitated on the field?  Their offense is as good as Jimbo made it.  It's Jimbo's offense, not Mond's.   Mond cares because defensive linemen can murder him.  But the offense just isn't that good.

Edited by Mdhorn

4 hours ago, WBT said:

lulz, the natives are calling out looch for his sunshine pumping

https://texags.com/forums/5/topics/3140676

In their ( possibly tongue in cheek, possibly not) Leach thread:

Almost none of State's recruits are his and he beats an admittedly diluted LSU team in BR. Meanwhile we look like crap against a glorified Sun Belt quality team. Fisher recruits well... haven't seen much else so far.

7 hours ago, MIkeHoncho said:

well, they did lead wire to wire in a gritty, no-holds-barred, SEC SEC SEC slugfest.  You don't see defensive battles like that anywhere else but the 1980's NFC East. 

Both offenses were boring AF to watch...Vandy in particular looked like they were only running the 4 plays from Tecmo Bowl in slow motion “down, set, HUT, HUT, HUT!”

• Hook 'Em 2

I was reading through the Texags forum.  You know what's funny?  I'm thinking Jimbo is holding this team together by a thread.  If Mond continues to play horribly, he may not be able to bench him w/o half the team walking.  We've relished aggy misery for years.  This could top anything we could have ever imagined.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JFKFC said:

aggie will be 1-3 when they hit their bye week. They will have 2 weeks to prep for Arkansas. If they get rolled by the hogs, everything blows up.

Yep.  Vanderbilt game may be an outlier but, if not, aggy may struggle to win another game.  By the time they get through Bama, FL, and @ Miss State, whatever semblance of sunshine may be completely gone.  Arkansas hung with Georgia for a half (maybe another outlier).  Regardless, aggy eked by one of the supposed 2-3 gimme games they have on the schedule.

If Vandy has one more playmaker on offense, they win a close one. Aggy looked uninterested at times and Mond is at threat level midnight for becoming a victim of the Aggy Starting Senior QB Benching. 

this game was a good palette cleanser to relax and fall asleep to after a stressful UT win. 

Aggy Football: Like NyQuil, but funnier

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I was reading through the Texags forum.  You know what's funny?  I'm thinking Jimbo is holding this team together by a thread.  If Mond continues to play horribly, he may not be able to bench him w/o half the team walking.  We've relished aggy misery for years.  This could top anything we could have ever imagined.

80530337.jpg

4 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

aggy culture is about hero worship. “Bear,” Jackie, “wrecking crew,” “Fran,” “Johnny 8-ball, “the 18” black cobra,” “Chief,” “Jimbo”....

It’s what they do.

And when it finally becomes obvious to them (usually well after everyone else has seen reality), they turn on their hero, attaching like Velcro to their next “hero.”

Wash, rinse, repeat. 

aggy’s salvation over the past 10 years is they haven’t been losing to teams they shouldn’t lose to. Their problem has been the inability to upset higher ranked teams. 

When aggy starts upsetting higher ranked teams more than once every five years, or starts losing to teams they shouldn’t lose to (So Caro, Arky), that is when their fortunes change. Until one or the other happens, aggy will continue to insist “their hero” is the last piece of the puzzle. 

And cry like little children out of continuous frustration. 

It’s what they do.

14 hours ago, Treefidy said:

aggy pulls out a gritty win against SEC.  they are now 1-0 in the toughest division in the toughest conference in all of sportsdom.  You can’t take ANY team from the SEC for granite, it’s a grind and they just beat each other up.   A dub is a dub.  

Pretty salty tonight against an underrated foe, they showed real grit and perseverance with the defense  holding their SEC foe to season low yards and points, meanwhile the offense posted season highs in every category.   

98D2AC50-3999-4BA3-8A5D-FDDEC325B6B6.gif

21 minutes ago, MrPhlegm said:
16 hours ago, Treefidy said:
After spending several years at Wazzu, I’ figure he’s going to shove a snow shovel up aggys ass and drag them up and down the field by the handle.   
jimbo will stand on the sidelines watching, completely mesmerized.  

this is poetry

Much like Chaucer.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, lemonandaturd said:

Lucci said a few days ago that Haynes King is just like Roger Staubach so I figure the coaster will trend up again before the October crash.  Aggy thought Jimbo was Nick Saban but he turned out to be Mr. Haney from Green Acres.  

He runs and throws like a 78 year old man? For once I might believe him. 

• Like 1