"To impress the playoff committee, it's better to not play and show your warts"

Shaggy3.0

I heard this statement on College Sports Sunday (SiriusXM).  Some ass clown discussed our game and said we had obvious problems.  No shit, right?  

This guy went on to claim the B12 doesn't deserve a playoff spot because OUsux sucked--then lost to KState.  EVEN IF TEXAS IS UNDEFEATED, the B12

should be left out playoff contention. His logic was simple: The tech tards exposed Texas' warts.  The BIG and PAC have an advantage because their

teams will play less games and not show their warts.  The playoff committee should punish flawed teams who win but elevate teams into playoff contention

if they impress (the "eye test") while playing LESS games .  He advocated all teams should play less games and "look good" because that's more important.

WTF?!!?  I didn't expect college football to go into it's usual figure skater judging mode until November.  

I heard this statement on College Sports Sunday (SiriusXM).  Some ass clown discussed our game and said we had obvious problems.  No shit, right?  
This guy went on to claim the B12 doesn't deserve a playoff spot because OUsux sucked--then lost to KState.  EVEN IF TEXAS IS UNDEFEATED, the B12
should be left out playoff contention. His logic was simple: The tech tards exposed Texas' warts.  The BIG and PAC have an advantage because their
teams will play less games and not show their warts.  The playoff committee should punish flawed teams who win but elevate teams into playoff contention
if they impress (the "eye test") while playing LESS games .  He advocated all teams should play less games and "look good" because that's more important.

WTF?!!?  I didn't expect college football to go into it's usual figure skater judging mode until November.  

The sad thing is that nothing would surprise me when it comes to the CFP voters.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Less games = no warts exposed?

Logic seems ... iffy

I mean, I guess if you play one really really good game, then the rest get cancelled, someone COULD claim that the team deserves to be in the playoff.

That person would be an idiot.

However, I certainly am not of the mind that ALL teams need to play the same number of games to get considered. Needs to be in the same ballpark, though. Because the whole shitshow of a playoff system is subjective and political to begin with. What's a little more?

Well it's more than just sharing an opinion.  This kind of nonsense has turned into the norm for college football rankings/playoff selection.

It's the idea that if people repeat this shit enough times, then everyone starts to believe it.  Don't believe me, just watch what the media says about the B12 this week.

The sooner we dissolve this conference, the better.

I've been wondering about this. eventually this season we will see teams with undefeated records with fewer games (5-0 Big Ten) up against teams with a loss or two with more games (8-1 Big 12). Will be interesting to see what happens there....I like to think that the teams with more games will be rewarded, but then again I'm an optimistic idoit so who knows. 

Lol at having us at 17 in the power rankings.  They have Georgia ahead of us who looked absolutely terrible and couldn’t move the ball on offense against an Arkansas team that had lost 20 straight games.

And just let the big 10 and pac 12 play 2 games and we’ll see just how shitty they will be.

Yeah I love the justifications used in the power ranking. Florida stays right up there in the top 5 but “might have work to do on defense after giving up 600+ yards”. Texas falls to 17 because our defense “was absolutely shredded” for 440 yards.