House alarm/electrical question

SquishMitten

This is in my wife’s Covid office (master closet). We’ve been running an extension cord from about 15 feet away because this is the only outlet in the room. Is there anyway I can use this outlet? I’m assuming the bottom one is backup power, and the top one is the primary power source? Can I put either of these on a power strip?

b98c8d5818118600e10e913153b1a908.jpg

d4e514983e520b46c8ef72d5e5d0dddc.jpg

a0ca086d6ef7e25bcaf0d52687a7f94a.jpg

I know it might hurt your husband's feelings.  BUt figure out what else is on that breaker.  Since it's a closet, just make sure it's not like 4 heavily used bathroom outlets.  You can drop in another outlet rather easily and just skip the 15' cheap power strip/surge protector.  YOu as well drop another one in there anyway for even post-Covid.  dildo and body shaver recharge station.  You'll thank me later.  Don't half-ass it, drop in another 15amp deal above it on same line and put in like a little shelf or something.  

Thought it was obvious, but I was hoping to avoid the hassle of putting in another outlet. The closet is in an upstairs corner of the house, behind the master bath as far as currents go. My question was about the two things currently plugged in and whether they could be moved. After I posted this I discovered the top plug is actually glued to the outlet cover so I’m thinking they don’t want this shit moved around. Guess I’ll be putting another outlet in for dildo recharging

Really hard to tell what that goofy looking top thing is, but they can both go on a power strip or that outlet extender afterirth posted. The alarm doesnt draw that much.

I would cut the zip tie and figure out what it is. My alarm just has the one transformer brick.

• Like 1

probably awful advice but you can always just unplug the alarm and let it run on it's own battery backup while she's working in there.  They are normally good for a few days, and if the battery gets too low your alarm phone app should send you an alert if the alarm uses a cellular modem.

That's how I knew my power was back on when I was evacuated for hurricane Laura - the low power alert on my alarm app went away.

• Like 1