Texas opens as a 16 point favorite v TCU

TexasMan

From OB:
Texas receiver Jake Smith was a full participant in practice on Sunday, according to my sources.

In addition, running back Bijan Robinson did not practice, but I was told he looked good on Sunday. In addition, Robinson is expected to participate in practice on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Ummm did you do the redactin’ and care to elaborate ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

38 minutes ago, fellside said:

Iowa State averaged 7.6 yards per carry and 9.2 yards per pass against TCU's defense.  

Iowa State averaged 4.4 yards per carry and 4.1 yards per pass against Louisiana.

And we needed a miracle to beat a team that nearly lost at home to Houston Baptist. We should not be favored by that much. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Neither was Tech.  What's TCU look like on the offensive side of the ball?

They were bad with Downing in, but once they put Dugan in, they scored almost very possession and he had a great game. I don’t expect us to win this one unless we can put up 50+. If I’m TCU, I’d just RPO us to death until our LBs show they can hold up (they won’t).

We need to start Jacquess. I know he’s limited athletically and not great in coverage, but at least he gives you something. Juwan Mitchell was fucking awful and didn’t even give good effort. Fuck that guy. He’s punched a coach, got suspended multiple times, threatened to quit/transfer multiple times, and he’s not even good. Not worth the drama at all. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

They were bad with Downing in, but once they put Dugan in, they scored almost very possession and he had a great game. I don’t expect us to win this one unless we can put up 50+. If I’m TCU, I’d just RPO is to death until our LBs shoW they can hold up (they won’t).

We need to start Jacquess. I know he’s limited athletically and not great in coverage, but at least he gives you something. Juwan Mitchell seas fuckjng awful and didn’t even give max effort. Fuck that guy. He’s punched a coach, got suspended multiple times, threatened to quit/transfer multiple times, and he’s not even good. Not worth the drama at all. 

Thanks

13 hours ago, USNALonghorn said:

2018: 31-16

Yeah. And that was a mudholing that the 15 points wouldn't suggest. We could have won that game by 30. Against a much better TCU team (or a team that was supposed to be much better - we'll see how their 2020 squad finishes).

20 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Yeah. And that was a mudholing that the 15 points wouldn't suggest. We could have won that game by 30. Against a much better TCU team (or a team that was supposed to be much better - we'll see how their 2020 squad finishes).

No it wasn’t. TCU averaged more YPP than us in that game and we’re inning and generally outplaying us until Shawn Robinson lost his mind and started throwing picks like every drive. Our offense was struggling to move the ball or score. There’s no way we could have won that game by 30. And that TCU team sucked. They went 7-6. 

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

They were bad with Downing in, but once they put Dugan in, they scored almost very possession and he had a great game. I don’t expect us to win this one unless we can put up 50+. If I’m TCU, just RPO us to death until our LBs show they can hold up (they won’t).  We need to start Jacquess. I know he’s limited athletically and not great in coverage, but at least he gives you something. Juwan Mitchell was fucking awful and didn’t even give good effort. Fuck that guy. He’s punched a coach, got suspended multiple times, threatened to quit/transfer multiple times, and he’s not even good. Not worth the drama at all. 

I'm with yah on replacing Mitchell... he was "lazy as fuck" on several plays!!

2 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

They were bad with Downing in, but once they put Dugan in, they scored almost very possession and he had a great game. I don’t expect us to win this one unless we can put up 50+. If I’m TCU, I’d just RPO us to death until our LBs show they can hold up (they won’t).

We need to start Jacquess. I know he’s limited athletically and not great in coverage, but at least he gives you something. Juwan Mitchell was fucking awful and didn’t even give good effort. Fuck that guy. He’s punched a coach, got suspended multiple times, threatened to quit/transfer multiple times, and he’s not even good. Not worth the drama at all. 

And Duggan had a pretty good game against us last year. Presumably, we should win this game, but I wouldn't lay any points after watching the shit fest last week. the fact that we ended up with a win doesnt change what I saw on the field. 

23 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

No it wasn’t. TCU averaged more YPP than us in that game and we’re inning and generally outplaying us until Shawn Robinson lost his mind and started throwing picks like every drive. Our offense was struggling to move the ball or score. There’s no way we could have won that game by 30. And that TCU team sucked. They went 7-6. 

Dicker missed a 42 and 43 yarder that game and we just ran the clock out with Daniel Young on our last possession. So had he made both field goals and had we elected to run it up and try and score again that could be 13 points right there. 

I'm not saying we SHOULD have won by 30, but after the Robinson meltdown began it could have gone that way. 

Also, that TCU team got worse as the season went on. They were competitive against tOSU the week before coming to DKR and super cocky on that day having won 4 straight against us. Really, I think the game in DKR kind of broke them for the rest of the season.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

Correct, I remember thinking they just handed it to us