Who wants to be buried in wild, wonderful West Virginia??!!

Dennis Taylor

2 hours ago, Bullneck said:

I'm going to have my ashes divided up and put in baggies and dumped in eight or ten places around the globe.  I get to go back to a happy place one last time and my kids/grandkids get a fun trip.

One of my friend’s grandfather fought at Normandy and years later his ashes scattered there on the beach per his wishes. A few years ago my friend’s dad died and wanted his ashes spread there too to be near his father. The French rejected the request, so my friend had to sneak the ashes with him through customs and dump them on the DL while he pretended to be hunting sea shells or something on the beach. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

My Dad always said he wanted his ashes (illegally) put into the Maury River not too far from his home in Lexington, Virginia.

Then when he got cancer, he found out his ashes could be interred @ Arlington National Cemetery, so that's where he went April of '19.

While West Virginny is a beautiful place (except where the coal co's are literally tearing mountains apart & dumping them in any available water system), I doubt many of us have a connection to it.

I'll also bet there's a thriving industry built around advance funeral plot purchases, not unlike time share resales.

1 hour ago, StruggleBus said:

Is west virginia a code word for your mom? If so, then yes. 

as of March 13, you are a little late   

I appreciate the CSBs and the unsolicited advice...I really do. there are probably a couple threads around here for that. but this thread is for selling 4 cemetery plots on a hillside in peaceful, tranquil, beautiful West By God Virginia.

@Whitman  make me an offer

Edited by Dennis Taylor

On 9/28/2020 at 12:27 PM, Dennis Taylor said:

as of March 13, you are a little late   

I appreciate the CSBs and the unsolicited advice...I really do. there are probably a couple threads around here for that. but this thread is for selling 4 cemetery plots on a hillside in peaceful, tranquil, beautiful West By God Virginia.

@Whitman  make me an offer

LOL.  Already have it covered.  

On 9/27/2020 at 8:07 PM, Bullneck said:

I'm going to have my ashes divided up and put in baggies and dumped in eight or ten places around the globe.  I get to go back to a happy place one last time and my kids/grandkids get a fun trip.

Sounds a little like a Harry Potter movie

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 9/27/2020 at 8:09 PM, Dennis Taylor said:

it's almost heaven you know. 

I recently learned through a death in the family that I am now the proud owner of 4 cemetery plots in beautiful Cunningham Memorial Park in St Albans. 

Only problem is I don't live there and don't plan on being buried there.  

Ultra serious inquiries only please 

wait for the WVA game week and re-post on FootBall board

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2020 at 7:18 PM, fattyflattie said:

I’m here in WVA now for work. It’s nice here. Definitely...different.  I am not interested in being buried here, though.  

On 10/5/2020 at 8:25 PM, Digdogger said:

I assume some West Virginians will exhume the bodies and do unnatural things to them?  I may be interested

Let the bidding war commence

On 10/24/2020 at 1:05 PM, fattyflattie said:

Well I’m still here and pretty sure this project will in fact, kill me.  I assume Best Buy coupons are still the preferred currency?  I’ll offer 7. 

That is a wonderful offer, it really is. But I'm really looking for something a little more liquid. Like a check 

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/27/2020 at 8:07 PM, Bullneck said:

That’s my plan too, only one current location but I may change that to several.  

On 4/14/2021 at 11:18 PM, fattyflattie said:

Was in lovely WV yesterday.  No ammo shortage here, someone emptying their entire stimulus into the dirt somewhere off in the woods not far from us.  

Also, Derkie White with the double fair hand jobs.  Well done son, well done.  

Not the same bitch, neither.