SNF - Saints Packers

BradInATX

3 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Drew Brees ain't shit without Michael Thomas. It's time for him to retire. This is embarrassing for him and the Saints. 

It's more than that. His arm is shot. It's been noticeable for about two years now. If I had to point to a time where I saw it starting to slip, it was around the Saints/Cowboys game in Dallas in 2018 that the Cowboys won like 16-10. It's why the Saints have lost in the playoffs twice in a row at home (terrible non-PI call notwithstanding). The good defensive teams just stack their defense 15 yards from the LOS and dare Drew to beat them deep, and he can't. Even on short throws he's missing because he has to wind up to make a 15 yard pass.

He's looking like Peyton Manning in Manning's last year.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

It's more than that. His arm is shot. It's been noticeable for about two years now. If I had to point to a time where I saw it starting to slip, it was around the Saints/Cowboys game in Dallas in 2018 that the Cowboys won like 16-10. It's why the Saints have lost in the playoffs twice in a row at home (terrible non-PI call notwithstanding). The good defensive teams just stack their defense 15 yards from the LOS and dare Drew to beat them deep, and he can't. 

He's looking like Peyton Manning his last year. 

I remember saying on that game thread that they just showed everybody how to beat us. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

What I don't get is Brees still has Sanders and Cook and still looks like shit. A good TE and a WR with great hands, and he just bumbles along not looking their way. 

I've never seen him look this tentative. He's usually decisive and confident in the pocket. I don't want to get too hot-takey, but I have to wonder if he knows he's done, and he's lost his "it" factor or whatever you want to call it.

He has plenty of weapons. He has a very good TE too.

Edited by BradInATX

Just now, BradInATX said:

I've never seen him look this tentative. He's usually decisive and confident in the pocket. I don't want to get too hot-takey, but I have to wonder if he knows he's done, and he's lost his "it" factor or whatever you want to call it.

I agree with you here. I wonder if he knows, too. He's not Tom Brady. He's what, 41-42? He's had a phenomenal career, first ballot HOFer, and he has nothing left to prove. Yeah, I'll miss seeing Brees, but it's time. 

• Like 1

I agree with you here. I wonder if he knows, too. He's not Tom Brady. He's what, 41-42? He's had a phenomenal career, first ballot HOFer, and he has nothing left to prove. Yeah, I'll miss seeing Brees, but it's time. 

A difference between Tom and Rodgers vs Brees as they’ve gotten older is they have stronger arms.

Granted Rodgers isn’t as old but he will be getting there.

Brees and Manning’s arms weren’t as strong. Brees relied on his timing/accuracy a lot more. He can’t force a ball like the other two guys I mentioned in a tight window.

Just now, Bevo VIII said:

A difference between Tom and Rodgers vs Brees as they’ve gotten older is they have stronger arms.

Brees and Manning’s arms weren’t as strong.

I always thought Brees had an incredibly strong arm. Dude just flicked it like it was nothing. But yeah, I wouldn't put him in the same category as Rodgers or Mahomes. Not sure about Brady having a strong arm. That's seriously the first I've heard that. You usually just see short passes from him, so I guess I never thought about it.