2020 PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES: Joe Biden vs Donald Trump

Mrs Whiggins

I saw Biden as trying to stand up to bully tactics. If he hadn’t, he wouldn’t have been able to say 5 consecutive words all night. How can anyone hate on that but not trump’s instigation?

biden’s statement that he is the dem party because he’s the nominee, and his saying he’s against the green new deal probably don’t help with progressives, but they might help with moderates and independents and are progressives really going to be so turned off that they don’t vote and risk another trump term?

chris Wallace is probably 5 drinks into getting blackout drunk right now from failing to tame the lion. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Oh god....listening to Santorum defend trump...it was unfair of Wallace to ask trump to condemn people who support him...white supremacists and people who will get violent after the election. He acknowledges that they were “gaffes” by the POTUS....but thinks Wallace was unduly harsh to ask them.

This is the world we live in.

Santorum has always been a piece of shit.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

41% thought Trump won? Fucking hell. Bring on the asteroid or the nuclear apocalypse or whatever. Homo sapiens is a virus.

Abruptly the room took off on a rocket flight into the clouds; it plunged into a lime-green sea where blue fish at red and yellow fish. A minute later, three White Cartoon Clowns chopped off each other’s limbs to the accompaniment of immense incoming tides of laughter. Two minutes more and the room whipped out of town to the jet cars wildly circling an arena, bashing and backing up and bashing each other again. Montag saw a number of bodies fly in the air.

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh god....listening to Santorum defend trump...it was unfair of Wallace to ask trump to condemn people who support him...white supremacists and people who will get violent after the election. He acknowledges that they were “gaffes” by the POTUS....but thinks Wallace was unduly harsh to ask them.

Wallace said, more than once, hold on mr president you will LIKE this next question.  W T  F.   

We don’t need to be worried about the military, we need to be worried about the cops.

I’ve also long thought that we have a real, non-zero chance of having actual troops racing off against shitheel cops...and folks, if that happens, bet on the real soldiers, not the toy ones who dress in tacticool costumes.
  • Hook 'Em 1

We don’t need to be worried about the military, we need to be worried about the cops.

I’ve also long thought that we have a real, non-zero chance of having actual troops facing off against shitheel cops...and folks, if that happens, bet on the real soldiers, not the toy ones who dress in tacticool costumes.

That is the last presidential debate of this campaign.
And if you don't think this solidified the race as a Biden +8 or more, then you do more drugs than Don Jr.  Biden is about to cruise to a historic victory.

It made it clear that the race isn’t about the votes. It’s about the intimidation, the violent attacks he wants (stand by, Proud Boys), and the courts he owns backing him on tossing out ballots. It’s his game, and that’s a game he can win.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

We all know that Santorum is there to act as a foil and it was clear as day that from the moment they started the segment that he was aghast at having to try to find positives in Trumps performance. 

• Like 1

The last question was the worst part of the debate for me.  Wallace asked if we were going to have a free and fair election and something about not declaring victory until an independent consensus had emerged about who was the winner and Trump went on a crazy person rant.  Same question to Joe Biden and Biden looked into the camera and answered "yes, go vote, you have the power to determine the outcome of this election".  I thought it was a good moment for Biden and a pretty horrible preview of what November is going to be like.

Biden had a genuine moment admitting that Hunter had a drug problem but said he was better now.  Trump, of course, would lie about such a thing and deny it.  It wasn't a policy discussion but it showed me that Biden is able to admit to misfortune and have a positive mindset that the future can be better than the present.

About Tech 2008 or whatever game you thought was worse, football is a rough game with lots of emotion.  And yet we have refs that throw flags and the players may say that a call is bullshit but they still abide by the ref's call.  Maybe we need that in the next two debates.  If you are being an asshole during the other person's time, it's a personal foul.  A little yellow flag flies in and you have to move your podium back 15 yards.  Using that standard, they would be fishing Trump out of Lake Erie right now.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sachick said:

Exactly. This is what happens when everyone doesn’t go out and vote. We have let the old people control who runs this country for years and this is what we get.

Register to fucking vote. It’s not that difficult. If you can’t figure it out fuck you. Get registered and ducking vote.

Just now, Dahobbs said:

I just donated another $250 Biden. I know it should go to other races, but I had to do it. That was fucking insane. Trump is literally the worst person in history. Yes, worse than Hitler. I'm seriously worked up and pissed off now. I swear I wasn't going to watch that damn thing and the wife suckered me into it. Then she did the smart thing and left halfway through to take our 4-year old to bed. I'm not going to be able to sleep tonight. Good thing I have two states worth of CLEs to catch up on. 

• Haha 1