2020 PRESIDENTIAL DEBATES: Joe Biden vs Donald Trump

Mrs Whiggins

22 minutes ago, ERhine said:

She’s horrible. She shows up on a couple threads every now and then just spewing the dumbest fucking takes. Over and over again. Post after post on [insert current topic] of the day. Every fucking take or theory or comment or whatever the fuck she is providing is shit. Pure shit. Her posts are fucking worthless. She’s either a bot or a troll. But she fucking sucks.

I had no idea you followed my stuff. Weird. Never seen your posts before and I doubt I’d remember them. Bc I’m an idiot or your posts aren’t worth bothering with. I’d say post less but I really don’t give a shit what you do.

• Fuck You 1

LMAO Fox "reporter" just said that Trump was debating two people tonight (which is true. Trump was yelling and interrupting everyone).

Then said both were spreading the pernicious Charlottesville hoax and that Trump didn't call them very fine people but denounced them forcefully.

Something Trump wouldn't even do at the debate.

• Haha 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Well, see, they’ll actually deliver votes that voters cast, giving them a say in a contested election.

It doesn’t get more unfairly biased against Trump than that.

I would rather give those guys an opportunity to engage and attempt actual arguing their viewpoint...I don’t want to arm them with more ‘go back to CR cluster’ shit they spout outside the politics board or instantly engage in personal attacks just because I don’t agree with them.  

Believe it or not I have respect for GR because he at least posts multiple times in a thread and sticks around...even if it’s easily-debunked Fox talking points.  I pretty much already know the answer for Stanco, but I’ll offer the rope to either prove or hang himself.  

These hours after a debate are always interesting, because that's when the narrative really crystalizes.  And the narrative that is crystalizing is Trump's "stand back and stand by."  

By morning, that's what is going to lead.  Trump is the candidate of white supremacy and coup d'etat.  Every point made in the Democratic National Convention was made tonight by Trump himself tonight.

Trump's lowest favorability ratings came after Charlottesville.  And he just made sure that he's going to recreate those low favorability ratings a month from the election.

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, markstanco said:
6 minutes ago, Irieguy said:
Chitowndoc is an excellent poster. And you ... aren’t. 

Of course, he votes your way so yea, excellent poster(and I actually agree, I like him). But you saying this about me is wrecking my evening whoever you are. Please take it back.

Ha, who knew steel cage CR would be a total abortion?  In real life, I don’t think any of us would be this belligerent.  But this country is in a fucked up place, so blow off some steam in here then go treat people like actual humans in the real world.  

And vote.  

I think I’ve had my last drink for the night.  Apologies for whatever the fuck mess I left in here.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Ha, who knew steel cage CR would be a total abortion?  In real life, I don’t think any of us would be this belligerent.  But this country is in a fucked up place, so blow off some steam in here then go treat people like actual humans in the real world.  

And vote.  

I think I’ve had my last drink for the night.  Apologies for whatever the fuck mess I left in here.  

I only cut myself off because you did.  Then I remembered “oh shit, cause he’s gonna medically treat people and I just have to get my truck to the shop when it opens tomorrow so let’s keep boozing.”   Butt nope, took a shower and hitting the hay and pretending everything is looking rosy for America tomorrow which we all know is bullshit. 

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

And vote.  

It would blow some people's minds what my friend circle looks like and how tolerant and open I am to all political types in real life. I suspect a ton of regular posters here are the same.

I have not had my last drink of the night, FYI. My first meeting is at 10, I got time.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Haha 1

LMAO Fox "reporter" just said that Trump was debating two people tonight (which is true. Trump was yelling and interrupting everyone).

Then said both were spreading the pernicious Charlottesville hoax and that Trump didn't call them very fine people but denounced them forcefully.

Something Trump wouldn't even do at the debate.

According to Fox News lawyers, no reasonable person would believe them.
  • Haha 1

After the first debate, a CNN/ORC poll found that 62 percent of those who watched thought Clinton won – only 27 percent awarded the victory to Trump. A Politico/Morning Consult poll after the first debate also gave the win to Clinton, 49 to 26 percent.

Fuck me I'm agreeing with a stanco point but he's correct. The debates don't matter. No one's mind changed thought.

Yeah, it does seem like the big takeaways are that Trump was a fucking liar except when he:

1) revealed and answered truthfully how he felt about white supremacists: he welcomes and calls upon their support.

2) that he will not accept the results of the election, and is counting on his SCOTUS to hand him the win by disqualifying countless ballots.

3) he supports intimidation before and during the election, and violence in response to a Trump loss.

He is an enemy of the state, and he proudly declared himself as such. That was made crystal clear, as he shouted them from the rafters.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

These hours after a debate are always interesting, because that's when the narrative really crystalizes.  And the narrative that is crystalizing is Trump's "stand back and stand by."  

By morning, that's what is going to lead.  Trump is the candidate of white supremacy and coup d'etat.  Every point made in the Democratic National Convention was made tonight by Trump himself tonight.

Trump's lowest favorability ratings came after Charlottesville.  And he just made sure that he's going to recreate those low favorability ratings a month from the election.

That’s why I said Joe simply needs to let the idiot talk. Keep him talking and counter. He will lead himself right where you need him to go. He can’t help it

Lmao. Y’all are like the David Ash would have been an amazing QB if not for Mack Brown. If only Mack didn’t fuck over a pedestrian QB. I voted for Hillary btw. And o will vote for Biden. But y’all ain’t getting 60% of my earnings. People sat on their hands after Obama. So fuck them. I voted and it wasn’t for Cheeto. If you sit on your ass you get what you deserve 

We’ll live without your $16,000, Karen.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Lmao. Y’all are like the David Ash would have been an amazing QB if not for Mack Brown. If only Mack didn’t fuck over a pedestrian QB. I voted for Hillary btw. And o will vote for Biden. But y’all ain’t getting 60% of my earnings. People sat on their hands after Obama. So fuck them. I voted and it wasn’t for Cheeto. If you sit on your ass you get what you deserve 

We’ll live without your $16,000, Karen.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Trump dying and becoming a martyr is possibly the worst case scenario. Dems, I love you people, but sometimes you fuckers are terrible at the long game. He needs to be voted out and destroyed before he dies if we want any chance of squashing this nonsense long-term.

Yeah buddy- you get it. Every elected republican or anyone sane that wants a center right government is rooting for a trump loss, and then if democrats could go ahead and jail him and make him a martyr while removing him from the chess board that would be outstanding for the GOP. Maybe their only chance to not be a permanent fly over country minority party for a generation. 

8 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

I hope this is correct. I hope the sound bites aren't Law and Order and Trump painting Biden as extreme left and whatever else I've forgotten. Because in 2016 we all thought the narrative coming out of the debates would be Trump's uncorked insanity, and it ended up being "no you're the puppet" and "because you'd be in jail". He's a slippery motherfucker.

Disclaimer - I have full blown 2016 PTSD and might probably be wrong here. I hope so.

1 minute ago, BradInATX said:

I hope this is correct. I hope the sound bites aren't Law and Order and Trump painting Biden as extreme left and whatever else I've forgotten. Because in 2016 we all thought the narrative coming out of the debates would be Trump's uncorked insanity, and it ended up being "no you're the puppet" and "because you'd be in jail". He's a slippery motherfucker.

Disclaimer - I have full blown 2016 PTSD and might probably be wrong here. I hope so.

Yeah dude- you are wrong and your PTSD is making you more fearful than you ought to be. It was a skull- fucking. Not where Biden was great or outstanding or anything but where Trump literally skull fucked himself for 90 straight minutes. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I had no idea you followed my stuff. Weird. Never seen your posts before and I doubt I’d remember them. Bc I’m an idiot or your posts aren’t worth bothering with. I’d say post less but I really don’t give a shit what you do.

I don’t follow shit. Nor do I give a flying fuck if you have a clue who I am. Frankly I consider it a compliment that you claim to not know me. You post stream of consciousness bullshit nonstop on [insert relevant topic of the week]. Unfortunately I read a current event thread periodically and have to wade through your complete waist high river of shit. Fetid shit. You have no intellectual curiosity or original thought of your own. You add nothing. Every rake you have ever fucking had has been wrong. Dead wrong. Your posts add nothing. Just fucking stop. Or keep trolling. Your choice. Again, you add nothing.
  • Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Fuck me I'm agreeing with a stanco point but he's correct. The debates don't matter. No one's mind changed thought.

No, that can't be I'm watching a panel of undecided voters being interviewed on CNN.

Undecided voter explaining their thoughts on the debate.

Me.

ice cube what GIF

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

You have 2016 PTSD, because he didn't completely endorse white supremacy in a debate in 2016.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah buddy- you get it. Every elected republican or anyone sane that wants a center right government is rooting for a trump loss, and then if democrats could go ahead and jail him and make him a martyr while removing him from the chess board that would be outstanding for the GOP. Maybe their only chance to not be a permanent fly over country minority party for a generation. 

Then I don’t want that. I don’t want any outcome that lets any Repub who has allowed and enabled this monstrosity to ever have any political viability. Ever. Tattoo a bright red T on their fucking forehead and shun them all till they die. Otherwise, we’re just waiting for the next Trump to come along so that same crew can drop to their knees to fellate him all over again.

Trump is the oozing tumor. THEY are the cancer lurking in every organ of our bodies, killing us.
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghost of LL said:

And the other thing coming out of this debate is that there aren't going to be any more debates.  The media pretty uniformly is laying the foundation for canceling the next two debates.

Would that also mean no Pence-Harris debate?  I wanna see that one!

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Goredho said:

I think Biden struck a pretty good balance between being the better man and being willing to fight when attacked.

I’m not a speech therapist but have worked with many.  When someone has a stuttering issue and you keep cutting them off like that, it’s damn near impossible to get anything out.  I’m not here to say feel sorry for Joe, but I’m sure af here to say Trump should be shoved into traffic for that shit...

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ghost of LL said:

And the other thing coming out of this debate is that there aren't going to be any more debates.  The media pretty uniformly is laying the foundation for canceling the next two debates.

Absolutely. There should not absolutely be any more debates. Fucking total waste of time and only designed to get people who are the president high on drugs. 

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Then I don’t want that. I don’t want any outcome that lets any Repub who has allowed and enabled this monstrosity to ever have any political viability. Ever. Tattoo a bright red T on their fucking forehead and shun them all till they die. Otherwise, we’re just waiting for the next Trump to come along so that same crew can drop to their knees to fellate him all over again.

Trump is the oozing tumor. THEY are the cancer lurking in every organ of our bodies, killing us.

I could be wrong. But I don’t think I am. I guess it depends on if we are a well left of center country or a centrist country. 
jailing Trump would make him a martyr and that would help solidify his support. Best to point and laugh and mock him when he ends up on the end of an electoral college and popular vote ass fucking. Speaking as what I think the Dems ought to do. 
As a conservative Never trumper I’m all for y’all jailing him. 

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

I’m not a speech therapist but have worked with many.  When someone has a stuttering issue and you keep cutting them off like that, it’s damn near impossible to get anything out.  I’m not here to say feel sorry for Joe, but I’m sure af here to say Trump should be shoved into traffic for that shit...

Yes, with family with it, speaking is very deliberate. Interruptions like that make it very difficult for them.