YouTube TV losing Regional Fox Sports Channels

Mileslong

YouTube isn't "dropping" them, Sinclair (who owns the FSNs) is probably demanding we consumers pay them more and YouTube, which has already risen its price from $40 to $64 in a little over a year, may not want to hike rates again.  Fuck off, Sinclair.  Still, $64 is way less than I was paying AT&T (and YTTV is an immensely superior product) and, like FUKM said, the dispute probably gets settled before the NBA season starts.  

Edited by Dutch
  • Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Dutch said:

YouTube isn't "dropping" them, Sinclair (who owns the FSNs) is probably demanding we consumers pay them more and YouTube, which has already risen its price from $40 to $64 in a little over a year, may not want to hike rates again.  Fuck off, Sinclair.  Still, $64 is way less than I was paying AT&T (and YTTV is an immensely superior product) and, like FUKM said, the dispute probably gets settled before the NBA season starts.  

Agree.  And I'd agree more if I could ever figure out how the dang (YouTube) DVR works.

4 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Agree.  And I'd agree more if I could ever figure out how the dang (YouTube) DVR works.

Trick for me is to add (big + symbol) for future recordings.  For example, NFL Network has Cowboys at Seahawks at 2 pm.  Click on the program and use the plus to add a recording.  I get auto recordings on Champions League games as it gave me option to record all that are shown on CBS Sports or CBS. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, dogbreath said:

Trick for me is to add (big + symbol) for future recordings.  For example, NFL Network has Cowboys at Seahawks at 2 pm.  Click on the program and use the plus to add a recording.  I get auto recordings on Champions League games as it gave me option to record all that are shown on CBS Sports or CBS. 

I think I've got that part down.  I'm speaking to finding the actual show. 

For example, I just recorded the World Cycling Championships.  Four different races on four different days - last Thu - Sun.  On my home page, I see a recording of one of the races from yesterday, which would be reshowing of one of the races.  I'm not sure which, because I don't see where I can click an "info" button to see more about it.

New in your library - nothing for this show there.

Most watched - nothing for this show there.

Scheduled - I see upcoming re-airings.

Shows - nothing there.

Also nothing in movies, sports, events, or purchased.  

I'll eventually find the specific race I haven't finished watching yet; however, it's a pain in the ass.  I don't understand why there isn't a list function like every other DVR I've ever used.