DT 2020 Presidential Debate (No Politics)

immamac

Jokes and memes only. No text. Only funny meme text. Discussion and political jokes going to be auto moved to politics thread or if I get bored I'll just ban for the debate. 

Clickbait clicking ass mother fuckers. How funny can we be here at surly? Let's see it tonight. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Was this televised outside of the USA?  What an embarrassment. 

Oh yeah, poured myself another drink and watched the BBC commentary on this train-wreck.  Holy shit, they were spot-on and not kind.  And then you remind yourself, "Oh wait, and they're maybe our strongest ally on the planet."  

Their live on the scene reporter in Cleveland said something to the effect of (in a very stuff British accent), "What's the point of claiming you're the greatest country on Earth, when no other country believes that anymore?"  She said that and I noticed up in the corner their clock in London said 04:31hrs.  So I thought about staying up until then to show her whose boss, but nope---passed out at 11:00p.  

But we'll get the last laugh on the Global Stage though, because I'm told a new Jerky Boys album is forthcoming.  

Seriously, next debate---we all gotta start drinking earlier.  Like happy hour drinking at 4pm for an 8pm debate.  I wanted to watch this one sober so I could "keep score" and be lucid.  Had a few towards the end, mostly during the post-game follow-ups.  Big mistake.  

1 hour ago, Lobo said:

Oh yeah, poured myself another drink and watched the BBC commentary on this train-wreck.  Holy shit, they were spot-on and not kind.  And then you remind yourself, "Oh wait, and they're maybe our strongest ally on the planet."  

Their live on the scene reporter in Cleveland said something to the effect of (in a very stuff British accent), "What's the point of claiming you're the greatest country on Earth, when no other country believes that anymore?"  She said that and I noticed up in the corner their clock in London said 04:31hrs.  So I thought about staying up until then to show her whose boss, but nope---passed out at 11:00p.  

But we'll get the last laugh on the Global Stage though, because I'm told a new Jerky Boys album is forthcoming.  

Seriously, next debate---we all gotta start drinking earlier.  Like happy hour drinking at 4pm for an 8pm debate.  I wanted to watch this one sober so I could "keep score" and be lucid.  Had a few towards the end, mostly during the post-game follow-ups.  Big mistake.  

The British have absolutely no room to talk when it comes to political shitshows and god awful candidates.

Shit, their entire political model is people yelling over each other.

Edited by aggie08

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

The British have absolutely no room to talk when it comes to political shitshows and god awful candidates.

They sure as fucking shit have the room to talk this year.  

I think of Billy's comments in "Kill Bill" on the steps of his single-wide trailer. 

The moderators are always worthless pussies in these debates...I mean, it would be nice if the potential leaders of our country could behave like adults and conduct themselves professionally, but clearly that's asking too much.  I like the Samuel L. Jackson suggestion upthread, or hook up both candidates to a car battery and shock them every time they speak out of turn or veer off topic.  What a fucking shitshow we have become.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, SuperSport said:

The moderators are always worthless pussies in these debates...I mean, it would be nice if the potential leaders of our country could behave like adults and conduct themselves professionally, but clearly that's asking too much.  I like the Samuel L. Jackson suggestion upthread, or hook up both candidates to a car battery and shock them every time they speak out of turn or veer off topic.  What a fucking shitshow we have become.

Do the rest over zoom so the moderator can mute people 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1