DT 2020 Presidential Debate (No Politics)

immamac

3 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

He should have said when they destroyed his character in The Last Jedi.

The sequel trilogy is worse than just ruining characters - they had no fucking idea where the story was going until it was on screen. The Last Skywalker was being re-written while shooting for fucks sake

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

The sequel trilogy is worse than just ruining characters - they had no fucking idea where the story was going until it was on screen. The Last Skywalker was being re-written while shooting for fucks sake

Episode 7 completely destroyed the happy ending of Return of the Jedi.  Just completely shit all over the beloved trio of Leia/Han/Luke.  Held them down while shitting in their mouths, then cut open their stomachs, shit in their stomachs, and then ran a NowThis on them.

• Hook 'Em 2

It was like seeing that special someone at the bar at 9pm, the answer to all your prayers.  The hot spicy number that made you feel alive again, like you mattered finally.  And sure your friends told you the one at the end of the bar was nothing but trouble, it was still love at first sight.  And no matter all the crazy, insane shit they did between 9pm and 2am, you were quite smitten.  And sure they whispered sweet nothings into your ear all the way home in the uber they inexplicably had to charge to your account because their "phone died"...but then this debate was like coming out of a blackout to them taking a shit on neck at 6am and you just sorta lay back and think, "Meh, we've come this far...this might as well happen too."  

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Episode 7 completely destroyed the happy ending of Return of the Jedi.  Just completely shit all over the beloved trio of Leia/Han/Luke.  Held them down while shitting in their mouths, then cut open their stomachs, shit in their stomachs, and then ran a NowThis on them.

It made me fucking miss Jar-Jar.  How fucked is that....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I know you think you’re clever, but you’re far from merely missing a comma here or there. You’re a fucking loser weirdo. 

Does anybody here wanna trade internet stalkers ("interesting trades considered").  Mine says "weirdo" a lot, like it's his safe word.  

I know the Trump performance was hard on you last night Rex.  You're young, you'll bounce back.  

Edited by Lobo

1 minute ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I’ll try and word this as delicately as possible because I don’t want to go CR. But shutting off mics is goofy to me. It’s not the real world. Some people are adept at talking over people. We don’t live in a fair, censored society and our debates shouldn’t feature this. 

Trump is doing enough damage with the 5-10% he desperately needs. That’s all anyone is talking about today. While Biden showed life and still demonstrated self-control, he would be far more effective just ignoring Trump instead of getting into a verbal sparring effort he cannot win. And he missed some counters that were EASY - he should’ve called Trump out on the spot of the Proud Boys deal but didn’t, because he’s not as quick witted as he needs to be. Shutting off mics will make Trump look like less of a bully and slow the game down. I don’t want the game slowed down. 

it's only goofy if you think the purpose of debates is to emulate those situations.  its not goofy if you think it is to give the public a chance to listen to the ideas from the horse's mouth and consider their positions.

54 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

to give the public a chance to listen to the ideas from the horse's mouth and consider their positions.

The current format does not facilitate that any more - a longer (2-3hr), roundtable-type policy discussion would enable that, but people would tune out after the first 45-60 minutes.  

• Hook 'Em 1

The idea of conveying policy within 2 minutes is hilarious. 

It's:

(1a) continuing a previous point you got cut off from

(1b) jab your opponent with more shit-slinging

(2) throw out a statistic [sometimes, untruthfully]

(3) comment on whether said statistic is BAD , or HORRIBLE

This TV format is not made for actual debate.  It's made for gas lighting and cat fighting.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Dr. Beeper said:

First, debates aren’t won on policy points. They are won on oratory power, presidential-ness, and style points. If you think the majority of the populace is listening for their ideas you are grossly exaggerating the intelligence of our people. 

Second, yes, I want to hear their ideas, but they’re instructed by their teams to go at each other because that is what’s going to “win” the debate, per my first point  

Third, read my other post. 

You're right, attacking the other candidate's son who had a substance abuse problem is a great example of oratory power and presidential-ness. And especially STYLE!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

You guys are missing the main point.  We are wildly more  respected this morning than we were four years ago.  No politics, but we are the fucking Cat's Pajamas today globally.  Nothing  like  my voicemail lighting up with fucking messages of pussy and love this morning.  We are fucking bosses, yo.

Edited by Lobo