Joel Klatt interview

closetohumping

48 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

"noisy".... barring a scandal or some kind of catastrophic collapse (sub .500), Herman has nothing to worry about this year re: his job

Even if there were an irrefutable groundswell among the BFD's to get rid of him, the budget won't stand the buyouts--for both Herman and however many assistants would have to be paid off. We're coming off a severely down income year for the football program, which drives all that Title IX shit, as well as other things.

No, barring a 2-8 collapse or the live girl-dead-boy metaphor coming true in real life, we're going to be blessed with The Herminator at least for two more years.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Doc Reeves said:

I read the thread title and thought “ok what fresh shit is this...” but I agree. Klatt is astronomical units better that Herbstreit these days

When you don't have balls on your chin 24/7, it's easy to collect astronomical units.

That's my HAWT TAKE BABY!

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, deadshank said:

Apparently Drew Kelson knocked some sense into him during the B12 championship game.

Still suffering from PTSD and hearing voices from that fateful day in Houston.  All that said, give me Klatt and Co. over the douchebags from last weekend for the broadcast.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy The Geek said:

Even if there were an irrefutable groundswell among the BFD's to get rid of him, the budget won't stand the buyouts--for both Herman and however many assistants would have to be paid off. We're coming off a severely down income year for the football program, which drives all that Title IX shit, as well as other things.

No, barring a 2-8 collapse or the live girl-dead-boy metaphor coming true in real life, we're going to be blessed with The Herminator at least for two more years.

Not to mention the Shaka problem, which is going to be expensive also.

3 hours ago, SwanderedTalent said:

"noisy".... barring a scandal or some kind of catastrophic collapse (sub .500), Herman has nothing to worry about this year re: his job

Seriously, he's won 3 bowl games in a row and this is a year that we actually didn't think would even happen due to the pandemic. I'd be surprised if ANY CFB coach was fired this year, let alone Tom fucking Herman.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, hpslugga said:

Seriously, he's won 3 bowl games in a row and this is a year that we actually didn't think would even happen due to the pandemic. I'd be surprised if ANY CFB coach was fired this year, let alone Tom fucking Herman.

Ahhh...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, closetohumping said:

Worth a ten minute listen.  TLDR  Ehlinger could be a second round pick, Herman needs to beat TCU or things get noisy for Herman.

Go to 2:20 mark LSU talk.... Joel Crushes Bo Pelini -- was Coach at Nebraska when Melvin Gordon set NCAA FBS rushing yd record in a game and now at LSU as coordinator and Leach & Miss State just set the SEC record for passing yards in a game!!!  😂😂😂

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Jimmy The Geek said:

What do you mean by this comment?

3 hours ago, Monster said:

Herbstreit was once similar to Klatt.  But he sold his soul to climb the ESPN ladder and now he's not even human any more.  

He's a swollen, empty-eyed automaton who parrots talking points for corporate.  

His attempt to cry on camera was confirmation that the muscles in his face have been replaced by rubberized gears.   

509E3391-07ED-4335-A94D-B768DEE862B7.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

Not sure why but Klatt has always been favorable to Texas.. even during the dark Strong days and Tom's inaugural season here... he's been a half glass full kind of guy. He also loves some Sam Ehlinger. He's praised him from his freshman season to now.

racist bruce lee GIF

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Monster said:

Herbstreit was once similar to Klatt.  But he sold his soul to climb the ESPN ladder and now he's not even human any more.  

He's a swollen, empty-eyed automaton who parrots talking points for corporate.  

His attempt to cry on camera was confirmation that the muscles in his face have been replaced by rubberized gears.   

I wish I could add something to this.   I can't. 

• Like 1

Not sure why but Klatt has always been favorable to Texas.. even during the dark Strong days and Tom's inaugural season here... he's been a half glass full kind of guy. He also loves some Sam Ehlinger. He's praised him from his freshman season to now.

He’s always been fair to Texas and was speaking out against the SEC’s shenanigans/system rigging long before anybody else.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

So?  Are you saying there should be no support for women's sports?  Or it should come from somewhere else?  Should college football be a professional minor league?  Should players be paid?

I don't want to put words in your mouth so tell me more. Or retract your statement.

Lighten up, Francis. "Retract your statement". Lulz. You disagree, that's fine. Its a message board.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1