Borat Returns

SizzleChest

I went to the Alamo for Borat, Cultural Learnings Of America For Great Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakstan  and was feeling annoying that day so I went to the ticket guy and said “two for Borat, Cultural Learnings Of America For Great Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakstan.” Then I turned to my wife and said “wait, you want to see Borat, Cultural Learnings Of America For Great Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakstan right?” Then turned back and said “yeah two for Borat, Cultural Learnings Of America For Great Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakstan.”

I amused myself if no one else. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Holy shit, that Trump impersonator at the Mike Pence CPAC speech back in February was....*drum roll* Borat trying to deliver his daughter.

https://www.slashfilm.com/borat-trump-stunt/

but there’s one particular gag towards the end of the trailer involving Vice President Mike Pence that will undoubtedly spark plenty of conversation when the movie finally comes out. In fact, this guerrilla gag actually made news back in February.

In the scene teased in the trailer, Sacha Baron Cohen (as Borat) dresses up like Donald Trump, in full prosthetic make-up and hair, and attempts to deliver his daughter to Vice President Mike Pence. This actually unfolded on the floor of the Conservative Political Action Conference at the end of February. However, since the world was focused on the growing threat of the coronavirus pandemic, and the impersonator seemed like nothing more than an attention-grabbing distraction, no one thought anything of it.

ABC News reported the incident on Thursday, February 27, and they have a hell of a photo of the gag unfolding, complete with the woman thrown over Cohen’s shoulder as a gift for Mike Pence.

From the trailer

spacer.png

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't laughed that hard in awhile. The Holocaust rememberance, the computer store, and the synagogue were stupid and offensive and hilarious in a way that most movies avoid these days. That ruled. 

The rudy scene 

wasn't really much of anything. Just an old dude skeezing on a young chick who was supposedly smitten. Obviously inappropriate and nasty of him, but nothing really that's going to shock anyone. He wasn't whacking it, IMO. But he was definitely going to try to hook up with her off cam which, in most universes, should be horrifically scandalous. It won't be in the one we live in.

Edited by BradInATX

13 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

I thought it was funny, but nowhere near as funny as the original.

Yeah definitely not as funny as the first one but that's obviously an insanely high bar as I have always thought Borat was one of the funniest movies ever made. 

It might be a better movie/accomplishment than the first one. To be that fucking ambitious and almost pull it off without a hitch is really pretty remarkable. And the fact that they edited it in what, 2-3 months?

The layering of everything when it comes to politics and irony and continuing to expose beliefs the way the first one did is pretty incredible. 

The synagogue mass shooting line got me the hardest and is one of the funnier things I've heard in awhile. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 2

The middle 40 minutes dragged a bit. Borat is hilarious in the trolling people parts and mostly skippable when they do "plot". The only set pieces that were funny was the holocaust remembrance joke in the beginning and the ending bit back in kazakhstan with the running of the Americans.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, BradInATX said:
7 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

The middle 40 minutes dragged a bit. Borat is hilarious in the trolling people parts and mostly skippable when they do "plot". The only set pieces that were funny was the holocaust remembrance joke in the beginning and the ending bit back in kazakhstan with the running of the Americans.

Yeah when Tutar goes to be with the black lady until he comes back to find her at the hotel was a bit of a drag. But they picked it up really quickly following that. My buddy said "he knows what he's doing" and I agree.

I didn't have time to watch the whole thing this morning but I FF to the Rudy G part. That was gross. Anyone who tries to say he was just tucking his shirt is full of shit.

Walks into bedroom with young reporter after repeatedly patting her leg etc

Puts his hand on her lower back

Brings drink into room with him

Asks for her number/name

Lets her remove his microphone while sitting on bed

Proceeds to then lay back on bed while putting his hand in his pants

Just such a gross scene watching his wrinkled baggy ass get flirty with this young woman. I hope this ends his career in politics etc