Champions League 2020 - 2021

sidis

2 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Second yellow. It seems a bit harsh on replay. 

https://streamja.com/rLR0e

Thanks I missed that it was a 2nd yellow.  It didn't look like he intentionally elbowed him in the face but he was intentionally flailing his arms back high trying to hold the player back.  I'm ok with a yellow for that.

Just now, WBT said:

Thanks I missed that it was a 2nd yellow.  It didn't look like he intentionally elbowed him in the face but he was intentionally flailing his arms back high trying to hold the player back.  I'm ok with a yellow for that.

Gomez is tiny. Any arm movement is going to hit him in the face 😅

47 minutes ago, Bone3421 said:
55 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:
If Gladbach misses out, it will be a crime.

They just need shak not to win and they are in

Hard to believe Shakhtar is looking at beating RM twice and still not qualifying

RM win but Gladbach will still advance unless there is a winner in Shakhtar-Inter.  Currently scoreless in the 96th minute.  Shakhtar's keeper was down for a couple of minutes in stoppage time, so I'm not sure how much longer it will go.

And it's over, 0-0.  Shakhtar seemed to be trying to kill time to protect their Europa spot rather than trying to score to qualify for the CL.

Edited by WBT

Seems legit. AM and Chelsea never miss a chance to draw each other. Shocked on who RM drew.

Heh, Madrid were down to 3 possible teams they could draw and after being paired against ManC last r16 I figured they’d get Atalanta. Madrid aren’t the same this year, so if they are hoping for a Madrid v CR7 or Barca they gotta nurse Madrid thru this round . Lol

PSG and Chelsea appear to have the worst draws but Barca is a shadow of themselves this year. So yeah Chelsea got the hammer.

5 hours ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Feel bad for Chelsea. Atleti shithousery inbound.

Eh. We'll see. Tying BM is their best result of late. And I beleive Bayern wasn't playing for anything by that point?

Full 2 months before round of 16 games are even played. All of these matchups will need to be revisited. 

17 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Eh. We'll see. Tying BM is their best result of late. And I beleive Bayern wasn't playing for anything by that point?

Full 2 months before round of 16 games are even played. All of these matchups will need to be revisited. 

It has more to do with how this guy manages. It will be a tough slate of games however they are performing in La Liga.

Dz8HaR2WwAAC6Lr.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Bone3421 said:

Leipzig might be forced to forfeit as German government wont allow liverpool into the country....would effect other German teams also if no neutral stadiums can be found

If only there were a country (Netherlands) or two (Belgium) perfectly place in between England & Germany that had soccer fields.

...if only.

If only there were a country (Netherlands) or two (Belgium) perfectly place in between England & Germany that had soccer fields.

...if only.
And if German teams will/wont have to quarantine after road Europe matches... we will see what they come up with and if teams have to choose between CL matches and league matches

I believe UEFA already put a deadline for all rd of 16 games to be finished by April 2. It is believed Germany will keep travel ban into March but could end in February if not renewed

Univision is getting more OTA games and the Final will be on CBS. Oh and Liverpool has to play two neutral site matches against Leipzig because of Covid regulations in Germany.

CBS and Univision welcome Champions League return with more big games televised

Christopher Harris  February 11, 2021  CBS Sports, Leagues: Champions League, Univision  No Comments

With the UEFA Champions League returning to airwaves with the start of the knockout phase on Tuesday, February 16, viewers in the United States will have more options to watch games on television than before.

As always, every single game will be available via streaming options including CBS All Access (English-language) and fuboTV (Spanish-language), but this time, CBS Sports Network will broadcast four matches in the Round of 16 (Barcelona-PSG, Atletico Madrid-Chelsea, and two second-leg matches to be determined) plus both legs of the two semifinal matches. The final will be shown live on the over-the-air CBS broadcast network on May 29, 2021 at 3PM ET. Coverage of the final will begin at 2PM ET with CBS Sports’ pre-match studio show UEFA Champions League Today.

On Spanish-language television, Univision is going all-in on the Champions League with a live broadcast of Barcelona against Paris Saint-Germain on Tuesday on both the over-the-air Univision network and TUDN, which will bring the game into a far greater number of homes than normal. Beyond that, Univision plans to televise every match from the Champions League Round of 16 across its networks UniMas, TUDN and Galavision (see latest schedule).

CBS’ studio coverage will be hosted by Kate Abdo, along with analysts Jamie Carragher, Roberto Martinez and Micah Richards. Peter Schmeichel and Alex Scott will provide analysis in studio and on-site.

Despite Neymar ruled out of Tuesday’s game due to injury, which will be a bigger blow to Univision’s viewing audience numbers, viewers will still have a lot to look forward to on TUDN. Univision’s exclusive Spanish-language coverage features former footballers Hristo Stoichkov and Iván Zamorano, as well as analysts including Alejandro Berry, Lindsay Casinelli, Tony Cherchi, Marc Crosas, José Hernández, Raúl Mendez, Adriana Monsalve and Hugo Salcedo. Calling the action will be veteran Champions League commentators Luis Omar Tapia, Diego Balado, as well as José Luis López Salido, Dani Nohra and Paco Villa with reporter Daniel Chanona delivering live updates and analysis on location from various stadiums across Europe.

Executives from CBS Sports, meanwhile, are especially excited about the roles that four young Americans will play in the Round of 16 featuring Barcelona’s Sergino Dest, RB Leipzig’s Tyler Adams, Juventus’ Weston McKennie, and Borussia Dortmund’s Gio Reyna.