2020-2021 Bundesliga Thread

mdmost

Now that the games are on ESPN+, I'm going to be watching a lot more on Saturday mornings. With the ESPN app on Apple TV, I can go 4 wide on the screen. So 3 matches and College Gameday all going on at the same time. 

It's early but Dortmund and Frankfurt are looking good. Bayern will win it like they always do but maybe we'll finally see a competitive year.

2C36BC99-8AFA-4763-A8C7-7D3332EFE726.jpeg

Edited by mdmost

• 3 months later...

Bayern just lost to BuLi 2. Holstein Kiel and are out of the Pokal.  They haven't had a clean sheet in the BuLi in 10 games.  Flick and the board can no longer ignore the sieve that is the back end of this team.  They need to spend some fucking money and bring in another CB, or stop playing a high line that is so susceptible to long balls.  Sule, Boateng, Hernandez, and Alaba just don't have the pace to play that system.

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.soccerwatch.tv/spiel/56789

Watching the Godson play against Dortmund today. He's on the U19 for Gladbach but, is playing up with the U23s today, or the Big Guys #2 team, not certain.

They just had a disastrous five minutes starting at 73 minutes. Up 1-0, and then three goals for Dortmund in five minutes.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

That's awesome. 

We might have an honest to goodness title race between Bayern and Leipzig. Frankly, the Bundesliga needs it. Bayern being a lock to win it every year is pretty damn boring. 

German cousin's husband, also with a doctorate in economics, wrote one of his papers about how lopsided, and uncompetitive, the Bundesliga was compared to the NFL. I think it was last season where someone mentioned that the five subs on the bench for a Bayern - Schalke game had a combined salary higher than Schalke's entire squad.

It's just bad.

Edited by PittsburghTiger

• 4 months later...

Godson just informed me, as we are all hopefully watching Denmark defeat England, that Gladbach’s big team has invited him to train with them this week and possibly play in a friendly this, or next, weekend. 

Mikey is the captain of the U19s but has played the last year with the U23s because of the plague.  He’s still 19

• 2 weeks later...

So, this morning I get the update that the boy is on the roster for Borussia Mönchengladbach's game tomorrow at Bayern.

I didn't hear back yet from him on my question about the roster designation. I asked if all 27 players that were in camp go to each game, or is it just the 11 starters and then the five or six designated subs. I just never paid any attention to the bleachers behind the coaches on the field..

It's not certain if he will play or not but, can you imagine making your debut in Allianz Arena?