Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

I'm a UT grad.

Also, who are you?

Nevermind.  Don't care.

Also, it's "genius."  And we'll cover comma splices next week.  You hang in there.

Actual Texas grad, but here's the sand castle the 4 and 7 year old built instead of watching big12 shit-tier football, sorry for my spelling mistakes I was on the beach on the phone listening to this shit show.

IMG-20201127-154904-01.jpg

Can't wait until next week with another last drive decides the game or overtime in this exciting "football conference"

Hope they fire TH so all you retards can see the into oblivion when they make another shit mediocre hire instead of the Urban Legend lol

Lol at anyone saying we lost this game because of the refs.

We’re Texas. It’s Iowa State. There’s 100 reasons we should beat them despite some bad calls in their favor. Lack of awareness, lack of execution, wrong personnel, poor leadership, etc. THOSE were the reasons we lost. The refs just didn’t help us. 

This program needs wholesale changes. Until then - expect more of the same.

2 hours ago, ChemicalHorn said:

Lol at anyone saying we lost this game because of the refs.

We’re Texas. It’s Iowa State. There’s 100 reasons we should beat them despite some bad calls in their favor. Lack of awareness, lack of execution, wrong personnel, poor leadership, etc. THOSE were the reasons we lost. The refs just didn’t help us. 

This program needs wholesale changes. Until then - expect more of the same.

I’m pretty sure no one has said we lost the game because of the refs. 

• 1 month later...
11 hours ago, Zeus said:

I hear there's an important national championship game

Would be a shame if it was

Officiated by the big 12

Yikes. Why would anyone subject America to that. PAC 13 and big 13 has the most inept officials. 
SEC the most corrupt (they always know the narrative and who Is supposed to get the calls every week).

I’d go with big 10 but they obviously can’t do the game with OSU in there. Welcome to the clown show America. 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 3 months later...

Colin Cowherd today had a great point about replay taking too long killing momentum in games. He's proposed 1 min replay review, if you can't figure it in that time, it stands.

Sounds good to me, was watching LHN a while back and there was a couple "close" ones they just did the best they could and kept the game moving. With no option to stop the game at all every close call It isn't a big meeting and long ass review. 

Anyway, with Tom "pussy" Herman gone, how you guys think Texas will do with big12 officials this year? Can't be worse right?

2 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Colin Cowherd today had a great point about replay taking too long killing momentum in games. He's proposed 1 min replay review, if you can't figure it in that time, it stands.

Sounds good to me, was watching LHN a while back and there was a couple "close" ones they just did the best they could and kept the game moving. With no option to stop the game at all every close call It isn't a big meeting and long ass review. 

Anyway, with Tom "pussy" Herman gone, how you guys think Texas will do with big12 officials this year? Can't be worse right?

This is NFL's average review time:

image.png.0f908ffb6fe56f4e6d6b610a7caa14ca.png

I'd be interested to see college footballs.

I think 1 minute is too short. I think 2 minutes or 2.5 minutes is adequate time to review. It seems like in college football reviews are 4-5 minute process regularly.

I'd also suggest use a running clock to speed up games except for the final 4 minutes of each half.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

28 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

This is NFL's average review time:

image.png.0f908ffb6fe56f4e6d6b610a7caa14ca.png

I'd be interested to see college footballs.

I think 1 minute is too short. I think 2 minutes or 2.5 minutes is adequate time to review. It seems like in college football reviews are 4-5 minute process regularly.

I'd also suggest use a running clock to speed up games except for the final 4 minutes of each half.

I think 1 minute is plenty.  If something is going to be obvious to overturn, it should be evident immediately.  If it's not immediately evident, the original call stands and we move on.  

And I don't like the idea of changing the rules for the clock based on the time remaining in a half/game.  It's arbitrary.  Either always have a running clock, or always don't.  Otherwise it's just an unnecessary further complication to an already-overly-complicated rulebook.

37 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I think 1 minute is plenty.  If something is going to be obvious to overturn, it should be evident immediately.  If it's not immediately evident, the original call stands and we move on.  

And I don't like the idea of changing the rules for the clock based on the time remaining in a half/game.  It's arbitrary.  Either always have a running clock, or always don't.  Otherwise it's just an unnecessary further complication to an already-overly-complicated rulebook.

The clock rules are why games are dragging so much. All the incompletions and stoppages for first downs and etc. Or just implement a 2 minute warning like the NFL at the end of halves and have clock stoppages for incompletions and first downs. It doesn't have to be complicated.

Edited by BurntOrange&White

50 minutes ago, utee94 said:

The reason both levels stop the clock more late in halves is for that sweet, sweet TV money. It makes people hold on for that halftime errand run and it makes people stay tuned because comebacks are more possible in the second half. So ratings and therefore TV payouts stay higher.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, AUS-97HORN said:

there is no way Texas wins against USC with thealready newly implemented rules, make that a running clock and we probably dont even see the ball after VY scored the TD to cut the deficit to 5.

Blasphemy.

If there were a running clock then VY would have just led a faster comeback. Get out of here you infidel.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

Big 12 refs have consistently fucked Texas over decades before Herman was old enough to patronize titters.

Look at Grant Teaff’s last game vs UT as an example.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 11/27/2020 at 5:06 PM, utee94 said:

Thanks bl.  Sounds like some in-game interpretation that wasn't appropriate or necessary.

I don't remember this play, but if a defender affects a pass that would have otherwise reasonably gone past the LOS it is not grounding.

The interpretations section has this: "Legal Play.  Without [the defender], the ball would have landed beyond the neutral zone, so [the QB] has satisfied the spirit of the rule."

47 minutes ago, Armybrat said:

Big 12 refs have consistently fucked Texas over decades before Herman was old enough to patronize titters.

Look at Grant Teaff’s last game vs UT as an example.

Yep and other Texas teams, if they are in contention for a title or major bowl bid. Talk to TCU fans.

• 5 months later...
On 10/4/2020 at 9:43 PM, dcar00 said:

TCU had maybe 2-3 bad no calls/calls there way.

we had

illegal motion called offsides, OPI, picked up DPI, picked up holding, no DPI on TCU Eagles, blocking downfield by receivers not called at least twice, bullshit hold on Okafor, the OL downfield called on us(technically may have been correct but TCU did it multiple times with no calls), did we ever see the holding call on the KO return?

hm.. whats it going to be like this weekend boys?

• Haha 1

On 1/10/2021 at 11:37 PM, Zeus said:

I hear there's an important national championship game

Would be a shame if it was

Officiated by the big 12

Oh, hai . . .

Terry Porter, the field judge from the Big 12 Conference crew, threw what is arguably the most controversial penalty flag in college football history.

On the final play of the 2003 Fiesta Bowl, Ohio State quarterback Craig Krenzel's fourth-down pass in overtime fell to the turf.

It looked as though Miami had won a 24-17 thriller to capture the BCS national championship. The Hurricanes would have joined Alabama (1978-79) and Nebraska (1994-95) as the only schools in the past 35 years to win consecutive national titles.

The U. dynasty was back.

And then ...

6 hours ago, Bullneck said:

Oh, hai . . .

Lulz. Oh geezus, not this shit again. Yeah, yeah, I get it. “Fuck Ohio State!”

Upon review by the Big 12, the call was deemed to be correct. Could’ve also called defensive holding because Sharpe had a handful of Gamble’s jersey as he was trying to run his route. If called correctly, the Bucks win that in regulation. Gamble was also held on 3rd down in the 4th quarter and caught the ball inbounds and that would’ve allowed the Bucks to run out the clock. But the refs missed the call and ruled the catch incomplete. Lee Corso pointed it out in slow motion on College Football Final and again on the first episode of College GameDay the next season. Why does no one remember that? Oh, right, “Fuck Ohio State!” And lots of people thought Miami -13.5 was free money and got burned. I made a bundle off that game.

Champions score from first and goal. Even if you think it was a bad call, it didn’t decide the game. (They also missed a clear block in the back against A.J. Hawk on Miami’s punt return that set up their tying FG to send it to OT.) Defense wins championships and Miami wasn’t prepared to get punched in the mouth the way they were that night. Brett Romberg was bragging about how few sacks they gave up that year and then Will Smith sacked Ken Dorsey on the Canes’ first offensive snap. (RIP Will Smith. RIP Sean Taylor.) The Canes also probably shouldn’t have been sending out flyers advertising their victory party before the game.

There was so much talent on those two teams. Go back and look at how many of those players got drafted. Such a great game. I need to pull out my DVD and watch it again.

And yes, I get it. “Fuck Ohio State!” But that call was right. 😛

• Fuck You 4

8 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Lulz. Oh geezus, not this shit again. Yeah, yeah, I get it. “Fuck Ohio State!”

Upon review by the Big 12, the call was deemed to be correct. Could’ve also called defensive holding because Sharpe had a handful of Gamble’s jersey as he was trying to run his route. If called correctly, the Bucks win that in regulation. Gamble was also held on 3rd down in the 4th quarter and caught the ball inbounds and that would’ve allowed the Bucks to run out the clock. But the refs missed the call and ruled the catch incomplete. Lee Corso pointed it out in slow motion on College Football Final and again on the first episode of College GameDay the next season. Why does no one remember that? Oh, right, “Fuck Ohio State!” And lots of people thought Miami -13.5 was free money and got burned. I made a bundle off that game.

Champions score from first and goal. Even if you think it was a bad call, it didn’t decide the game. (They also missed a clear block in the back against A.J. Hawk on Miami’s punt return that set up their tying FG to send it to OT.) Defense wins championships and Miami wasn’t prepared to get punched in the mouth the way they were that night. Brett Romberg was bragging about how few sacks they gave up that year and then Will Smith sacked Ken Dorsey on the Canes’ first offensive snap. (RIP Will Smith. RIP Sean Taylor.) The Canes also probably shouldn’t have been sending out flyers advertising their victory party before the game.

There was so much talent on those two teams. Go back and look at how many of those players got drafted. Such a great game. I need to pull out my DVD and watch it again.

And yes, I get it. “Fuck Ohio State!” But that call was right. 😛

image.gif.f2071a299d04a9f7d9dfe88b14d2b07a.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

The Ohio State-Miami bitching about the officiating is way misplaced because of the Gamble non -call that should have ended it. I think the PI/hold was correct too, but the non-call was terrible.

Now, the Big 12 refs inability to call holding majorly impacted the OSU-Oregon game. Massively in favor of OSU. Helped wear the Oregon d down too.

On 10/6/2020 at 10:50 AM, Wulaw Horn said:

We are the flagship program in this shithole conference (along with OU).  WE should never get horsefucked by the refs in a year where we are supposed to be good. They should be shading every call to us SEC style.  Instead they go out of their way to fuck us.  It's stupid. How about we get a win a year that we don't deserve b/c the zebras keep us in it, the same was the SEC knows the score on who is supposed to win. In a sane world that's how it's going to be- if not perfectly impartial.  But no- we get this horseshit instead.

Should we still have won the game? Of fucking course.  But did we get massively fucked- to the tune of a bunch of points, at multiple different times in the game- in a way a ranked flagship school, playing at home, never should be fucked?  Yep.   Stupid fucking losers.  

Lets go ahead and call the big 10. Vouch for OU. See what the other 8 left behind think about that.  Be kinda funny all that time you got over on big bad Texas then, huh Ok State? TCU?  Enjoy playing Houston and SMU in irrelevance forever.

Just saying- if we were who people claim we are, the big bad heavy throwing their weight around that's what it would look like in my world.  

Nailed it.  Almost.

But that Tech 2008 game.  Jesus.  That one idiot who wore face paint like a WWE wrestler was allowed to wrap his arm around the necks of Kindle and Orakpo 87 times in a row.  And the one holding they did call, on Ulatoski, was bullshit and directly led to a pick 6.  So much shit happened that game that sucked.  Cosby getting hurt early.  Shipley dropping a bomb (never happened), Mack fucking up clock management on our go ahead TD drive, Gideon, etc.

The one thing people point to so much -- missed tackle on Crabtree -- likely does not make a shit.  They could have just kicked a chip shot field goal had Thomas tackled him.  They had a timeout and the clock would have stopped.

I believe we were the best team in the country in 2008.  But it would have been a hell of a year for a 4-team playoff.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Zeus said:

These turds REALLY gonna have to rig their ass off to drag the roaches to a V

Welp, they're off to a good start with two missed calls on blocks in the back on the kickoff. I'm sure there's more, but I'm watching delayed.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1