Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

It’s a pussy rule to begin with.  You should be able to mime a murder or sex act while you are running it in and it should be 15 yards on the kickoff. 

Don’t worry, next weekend they will let baylor do whatever they want and will flag us for unsportsmanlike smiling.
  • Rage+1 1

11 hours ago, ClubWhatever said:

It’s a pussy rule to begin with.  You should be able to mime a murder or sex act while you are running it in and it should be 15 yards on the kickoff. 

That's not even taunting.  Its just high stepping.  Fire the refs.

• Like 1

That Iowa State call is especially crazy given the non-call in the Kansas State game.  At least I think it was K St.

K St defender makes a tackle (it was either a DB or LB), stands over the guy looking down at him, and gives a throat slash.  I thought I saw it happen live, and then they showed the replay and it was definitely a throat slash.  The announcers didn't mention anything.  I had to rewind it 3 or 4 times to makes sure I saw it right, because I couldn't believe nothing was called and the announcers didn't comment on it.

Then I see the replays of this Iowa State flag and and just dumbfounded.  Well, that's not the right word because it's completely on-brand for B12 officials.  Fuck this entire conference.

• Like 1

Interesting call.

One person said they didn’t show a replay.

I also was curious about the Haselwood catch for the first TD. KU DB was wanting OPI. I know DBs ask a lot even when not legit. There was no replay here, which was curious. Probably nothing, but since it’s OU, it is something.

4 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

I also was curious about the Haselwood catch for the first TD. KU DB was wanting OPI. I know DBs ask a lot even when not legit. There was no replay here, which was curious. Probably nothing, but since it’s OU, it is something.

Do you mean a replay review, or just a replay for the sake of showing that the refs suck? Because PI isn't reviewable 

10 hours ago, Had Enough said:

It was by the book OPI, but not flagrant enough that they would ever call it.

The rig 12 refs will always save Oklahoma because Blowsby tells them to. He knows that the sooners are the big 12's best shot to have a representative in the playoff. It's complete bullshit. So glad we're leaving this conference and convinced OU to come with. The SEC officials won't save them. Can't wait to see the frauds exposed and go 8-4 or 9-3 every year. 

• Hook 'Em 1

The rig 12 refs will always save Oklahoma because Blowsby tells them to. He knows that the sooners are the big 12's best shot to have a representative in the playoff. It's complete bullshit. So glad we're leaving this conference and convinced OU to come with. The SEC officials won't save them. Can't wait to see the frauds exposed and go 8-4 or 9-3 every year. 

My Popovich/Cuban theory is that the NBA uses ref metrics and biases to assign refs to get the desired result. Maybe they have an understanding with a couple of trusted refs.
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ousux said:
On 10/25/2021 at 3:40 PM, Fondren & Main said:
Hey at least we are leaving.  The rest of these teams have to stay and deal with these chucklefuck refs...

Who will be the lucky team to get shat upon when we're gone?

I'm hoping it's Baylor.

• Hook 'Em 1

What was that bs about “listening” for the tipped punt? We have video, and it shows a kicker roughed and no punt tipped. 

this is four games in a row with a ridiculous officiating call. In this one, like last week’s (late hit on Thompson) player safety is involved. 
I’d like to see Eltife say,

”We’re leaving next year and we aren’t paying shit. The B12 breached the conference agreement “. 

Edited by statsman
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Well you see. The ball went off his foot a little weird and it couldn’t have possibly been due to Dickers leg getting hit. It must have a clean block causing the tipped sound. 

There was no second sound. And physics dictates how the ball flies. It wasn’t touched. And that “catch” had a ball hit the ground and twist point up into the baylor player.

Fixed game 3.

1 minute ago, Nivek said:

There was no second sound. And physics dictates how the ball flies. It wasn’t touched. And that “catch” had a ball hit the ground and twist point up into the baylor player.

Fixed game 3.

Bro, refs don’t need to fix games against us. Give me a fucking break. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

You know, with all the bad OL play, and guys jumping offside, I’m hesitant to argue based on total penalties. What gets me are the really bad calls, often reviewed and sustained, that come in key moments. 

TCU- TCU clearly holds on a third down conversion. They call holding. And then they discuss and pick the flag up, and let it stand. 

OU- Texas is about to really get a big lead, when OU converts on a long pass, where the receiver runs out of bounds. Review does not overturn, because…?

OSU- the officials show that they’re trying to protect QBs and call a pf on a standard post throw impact, that keeps a faltering OSU offense going. When Texas is struggling, a blitzing Cowboy plants his helmet in Thompson’s chest after a throw. No penalty. 

Today- there is no video of a Baylor player touching the ball, and no sign of it changing direction. No roughing the kicker. This came in a key moment. 

I get that the B12 office doesn’t like Texas. They resent Texas for the LHN. I’m sure that dislike carries over to the officiating employees of the B12. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, SDG said:

I get what you’re saying, but that chart doesn’t show blown calls which is what we’re all talking about.  

Yeah I understand that. Wish there was a way to factor that in. These numbers are the bullshit in its simplest form. 

Edited by CowtownHorn

3 minutes ago, statsman said:

You know, with all the bad OL play, and guys jumping offside, I’m hesitant to argue based on total penalties. What gets me are the really bad calls, often reviewed and sustained, that come in key moments. 

TCU- TCU clearly holds on a third down conversion. They call holding. And then they discuss and pick the flag up, and let it stand. 

OU- Texas is about to really get a big lead, when OU converts on a long pass, where the receiver runs out of bounds. Review does not overturn, because…?

OSU- the officials show that they’re trying to protect QBs and call a pf on a standard post throw impact, that keeps a faltering OSU offense going. When Texas is struggling, a blitzing Cowboy plants his helmet in Thompson’s chest after a throw. No penalty. 

Today- there is no video of a Baylor player touching the ball, and no sign of it changing direction. No roughing the kicker. This came in a key moment. 

I get that the B12 office doesn’t like Texas. They resent Texas for the LHN. I’m sure that dislike carries over to the officiating employees of the B12. 

Not sure who could disagree with that.  

3 hours ago, statsman said:

Like a punter getting destroyed, the ball clearly not getting touched, and not Ben getting the call correct with a review. Pretty sure that’s yet another (no)call that I’ve never seen happen to any other team.

inexplicable. And that may have been the most important play of the game. 

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Like a punter getting destroyed, the ball clearly not getting touched, and not Ben getting the call correct with a review. Pretty sure that’s yet another (no)call that I’ve never seen happen to any other team.

inexplicable. And that may have been the most important play of the game. 

The most unbelievable thing about that whole sequence was dumb and dumber in the booth trying to tell us that you can’t always see a blocked punt, but if you listen to the wind you can hear it.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, ultimaton said:

The most unbelievable thing about that whole sequence was dumb and dumber in the booth trying to tell us that you can’t always see a blocked punt, but if you listen to the wind you can hear it.

Exactly. But it wouldn’t shock me if that’s some shit the Big 12 booth folks were dying to them. Big 12 officiating finds new ways to fuck is all the time.

And I’m not saying we lost this game because of the officiating, but that call was fucking awful. 

• Hook 'Em 1