Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

3 minutes ago, Hefeweizen said:

They didn’t throw a flag, they waited thirty seconds to call it, and the lineman had no effect on the play?

Saw it clear in stadium. That flag was thrown because Gary P. Was all over the official during the play screaming for a flag. That ref is a pussy, never should have been called.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, pacman said:

Bullshit man down field call..absolute bullshit

If that gets called in games, half of all pasaing plays will get penalized

Never called when teams do it against us. There's high lights of Tech with guys 6 yards downfield blocking a LB during pass plays.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Goodman said:

Saw it clear in stadium. That flag was thrown because Gary P. Was all over the official during the play screaming for a flag. That ref is a pussy, never should have been called.

They should just Gary a flag. Hell, let him get control of the scoreboard too. Pretty much how it is right now. Trash league, we should've bailed during the Baylor shit. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Not the first time, basically let gary call the foul, today either

Edited by pacman
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Goodman said:

That’s why Tom is a pussy.  You work the Refs like Gary P so once in awhile they throw you a bone.  It works.  I’ve seen it from the fricken Middle schools to the NFL.  Sure it looks like a coach is always bitching and they earn a rep, but it fucking works. I’m sick of see Tom just stand there and not show some anger toward these POS refs in this game and others. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Goodman said:

Seems like Gary got the offsides in the first half too even tho it was false start. Herman needs to learn to work a ref

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Etexhorn13 said:

Drake Dantzler (@DrakeD) Tweeted:
@thelonghorns12 For a crew that waits till after the play to call illegal man downfield, here are TCU blockers before the ball is thrown, much less received. https://t.co/rdUlzgGwiY

That's all I am saying. I get the letter of the rule by it is highly unusual to call that especially since he was not engaged in anything other than standing there. If that was the actual standard, then you would have no less than 5 to 6 of thoee calls a game easily and 10 or so against Tech, Leach, etc.

Edited by pacman
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

The Big 12 conference can go straight to hell.  Today's game was nothing but a farce.  Completely dishonest.  The worst of the worst:

The Offensive pass interference called on Jake Smith, called because it was a big play for Texas;

The PI not called when eagles was poised to make a catch for a big gain;

The illegal man downfield, probably the most obvious signal that the refs were being blatantly dishonest.

We have to get out of this fake conference.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

That’s why Tom is a pussy.  You work the Refs like Gary P so once in awhile they throw you a bone.  It works.  I’ve seen it from the fricken Middle schools to the NFL.  Sure it looks like a coach is always bitching and they earn a rep, but it fucking works. I’m sick of see Tom just stand there and not show some anger toward these POS refs in this game and others. 

didn't work for Charlie

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

This was not a  Big 12; crew. The referee proper was. TV said that because of Covid, the rest of the crew was local high school guys. How can I be the only guy that heard this?

No, he said it was big 12 officials closest to the game. Meaning not a normal crew that works together. 

It isn't really an excuse, you call what you see, it comes out fairly even. You call the game completely one sided, the team you are calling against loses. People will point to this play or that play that could've made the difference. The 20 plays the officials fuck us on also made the difference. A bigger difference actually since it's totally out of our control and a complete momentum killer when we get fucked by the officials.

Not worth watching really. Glad the Gators have a good team this year.

2 hours ago, pacman said:

That's all I am saying. I get the letter of the rule by it is highly unusual to call that especially since he was not engaged in anything other than standing there. If that was the actual standard, then you would have no less than 5 to 6 of thoee calls a game easily and 10 or so against Tech, Leach, etc.

Was this ball thrown?  And was it thrown behind the los?

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

The picked up holding flag on Duggan's near touchdown is indefensible. CDC needs to be way up in the league office's ass about that one. Completely unacceptable. 

they picked up 3 flags on judgement calls.  you maybe see that a couple times a full season.  this crew was complete dogshit/middle school level and it killed us on O and D in the first half.  CDC needs to be chewing ass and Tom needs to quit being such a pussy on the sideline.  If he's not he is doing his team and coaches a disservice.  do it from the start of the game and don't let up.

the only downside is the old saying about the players seeing the coach argue and then they shut down because they think is all the refs as well.  well if a coach at this level doesn't have players that realize the coach chewing the ref isn't an excuse for them to blame refs then he surely isn't the right coach.  The coach is responsible for fighting for his players when the refs are egregiously fucking the team.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

they picked up 3 flags on judgement calls.  you maybe see that a couple times a full season.  this crew was complete dogshit/middle school level and it killed us on O and D in the first half.  CDC needs to be chewing ass and Tom needs to quit being such a pussy on the sideline.  If he's not he is doing his team and coaches a disservice.  do it from the start of the game and don't let up.

the only downside is the old saying about the players seeing the coach argue and then they shut down because they think is all the refs as well.  well if a coach at this level doesn't have players that realize the coach chewing the ref isn't an excuse for them to blame refs then he surely isn't the right coach.  The coach is responsible for fighting for his players when the refs are egregiously fucking the team.

Yeah how does that go?  I saw holding. Well I didn’t so no flag. 

??

18 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

The picked up holding flag on Duggan's near touchdown is indefensible. CDC needs to be way up in the league office's ass about that one. Completely unacceptable. 

Has CdC  or anyone done  this?

I guess we never will know, but things haven't changed for a decade+ .

We just take it somehow. PC or whatever. It's ridiculous.

Edited by El Squared

40 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

The fact that we are associated with the Big 12  is a bad mistake.  It's a mistake that we need to own, and do something to correct it.  UT props up the shithole of a conference, yet they hate us.  So why do we continue this stupid cycle?

I'd ask CDC to contract a retired official or a practicing HS official who's well-read on NCAA protocol to independently review each game.  He should be hot-mic'd on the field with the coaches and/or join the team presser with a 10-minute segment each game to review the game officiating.  Troll the everloving fuck out of this conference and their poorly-educated crew so there's a weekly, public reminder of where they're fucking up.  

I'd ask CDC to contract a retired official or a practicing HS official who's well-read on NCAA protocol to independently review each game.  He should be hot-mic'd on the field with the coaches and/or join the team presser with a 10-minute segment each game to review the game officiating.  Troll the everloving fuck out of this conference and their poorly-educated crew so there's a weekly, public reminder of where they're fucking up.  

Officials in a booth pretty much agree with whatever the officials in the game say. They are generally worthless.

5 hours ago, taybo20 said:

Seems like Gary got the offsides in the first half too even tho it was false start. Herman needs to learn to work a ref

yep.  herman is staring at his mic not paying attention.  he doesn;'t call defense and doesn't call offense. do something you idiot.  even Mack would go ballistic a couple of times a game.

• Hook 'Em 1

Synopsis from Scipio

They outright sucked. At some very critical moments.

Offensively, an early PI call on a 34 yard completion to Jake Smith that negated a 3rd and 15 conversion was nonsense. That mild mutual contact happens on every pass play in college football. Sam then converted an terrific 52 yard throw to Jared Wiley on 3rd and 25 the next play, but it was a good example of what was to come. That doesn't make the earlier call OK. I'm looking at process, not result. A concept alien to the Longhorn program.

TCU CB Noah Daniels pinned Brennan Eagles' arm just moments later to negate a TD catch and he didn't draw a flag. That was later followed by another clear PI on Eagles by Van Zandt on a likely long scoring play that was so obvious, the TCU player lingered on the ground pissed at what he'd done, and then seemed genuinely startled to get a reprieve. He bounced up like a man who had just gotten a full pardon from the governor on the way to Ol' Sparky. "Huzzah, I got a final free meal, too!"

The ineligible downfield blocker call on Christian Jones erasing the 26 yard Woodard gain near the TCU red zone was laughable. If that was indeed the call. The game account says it was on Jake Smith? Jones wasn't in contact with anyone and he floated past the LOS limit line after the ball was in the air. The clear intent of the rule was not violated. TCU violated this precept multiple times in their RPO and screen game with nary a flag. Instead of 1st and 10 Texas at the TCU 9 yard line, it was 2nd and 15 at the TCU 42. That drive ended in a punt, not points.

On the same series that featured the Jake Smith PI fiction, Denzel Okafor was called for a hold on an Ehlinger run that wasn't. He got his feet around. Want to see hold from a lineman on the move trying to seal a playside defender? Watch Andrew Coker necktie Overshown to the ground on the Duggan red zone run, a flag gets thrown, then gets picked up. WTF

Ossai had a personal foul on 3rd and 12 that gave TCU new downs that, on review, struck me as utter bull****

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, Zeus said:

Never called when teams do it against us. There's high lights of Tech with guys 6 yards downfield blocking a LB during pass plays.

Not doubting you one bit, especially after yesterday’s shitshow by refs, across the board...

however, you gotta link to play in question?  Just wanna see it/ compare interpretations 

Announcer said it was one of the worst officiated games he's ever seen. No doubt most of the bad calls went against us. Unbelievable to see Tom just stand by like nothing happened. Not sure I've ever seen a coach so disengaged with the refs, even in well-called games

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Announcer said it was one of the worst officiated games he's ever seen. No doubt most of the bad calls went against us. Unbelievable to see Tom just stand by like nothing happened. Not sure I've ever seen a coach so disengaged with the refs, even in well-called games

Officials walked over tp him before the game and demanded $250,000 in cash. Tom didn’t have it. End of story.

(Yes, I am making this up, also probably true.)

3 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

It’s not missed. It’s allowed. Except, seemingly, when Texas does it. Or at least if we do it they occasionally call it. 

They are not singling Texas out.  It's bullshit across the board.  Mega missed calls/ misapplied rules( thought he saw something/ didn't see anything) for everyone.

Edited by slorch

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

They are not singling Texas out.  It's bullshit across the board.  Mega missed calls/ misapplied rules( thought he saw something.)

I would like to believe this, but things are getting a bit ridiculous. In all honesty I can believe that Texas is subconsciously fucked over by the refs and if that's the case then we're probably deserving. Would likely have something to do with our admin being dicks all the time.

Seriously, when have you seen a clear and obvious holding penalty that clearly affected the play right at the point of attack get actually called in the Big 12 and then get waved off? That doesn't happen.

The line judge saw the hold, he called the hold immediately, and then they waved it off. That's absurd.

Edited by Huckleberry

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I would like to believe this, but things are getting a bit ridiculous. In all honesty I can believe that Texas is subconsciously fucked over by the refs and if that's the case then we're probably deserving. Would likely have something to do with our admin being dicks all the time.

Seriously, when have you seen a clear and obvious holding penalty that clearly affected the play right at the point of attack get actually called in the Big 12 and then get waved off? That doesn't happen.

Really?  never happened before?  This call absolutely changed the game.   It was absolute horse shit.

That isn't to say the current shit isn't fucked up, but LMAO at the notion it's new.

Edited by slorch