Fuck Big 12 refs

taybo20

I also do not give 2 shits about the covid excuse for the ref crews.   The lead guy (mr. muscular with glasses don't know his name) who was in labuttocks last week was in morgantown yesterday.  How did he get there?  Private plane?  Surely we didn't put a TOP REF in a commercial covid tube.  Right?  Right?

With the exception of West Virginia the rest of the schools in this league are in one-day daylight driving distance from each other.  And the refs should be passengers with their feet up.

I want to know the names and bios of the refs yesterday.  If CDC is not raising a public shitstorm and demanding accountability from the league, then he better be laying in to Therm and lining up cigars for a buyout and letting rumors circulate that that is what he's doing.  One or the other.  Or his name is going up on a banner soon, too.

NOT OUR FUCKING STANDARD.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Um, you might want to read more closely. I said holding.

Big 12 refs fuck up and wave off other calls much more frequently. In order to even call holding in the first place the offending player basically has to undress the opponent.

LOlz  semantics matter now that your team got UT'ed.

Holding... block in the back at the point of contain...  the fouls are extremely similar with regard to functionality in the 2 respective plays being discussed.

Edited by slorch

10 minutes ago, slorch said:

They are not singling Texas out.  It's bullshit across the board.  Mega missed calls/ misapplied rules( thought he saw something/ didn't see anything) for everyone.

Do you really want us to dig up the holding pics from 2008?

GTFO.  oSu 2015.  There has never been anything like it in this league.  And the last time it happened in the SWC we were on the wrong end then too.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

GTFO.  oSu 2015.  There has never been anything like it in this league.  And the last time it happened in the SWC we were on the wrong end then too.

Call the game right.

No I don't want to break those down, nor would I have brought up the other play if it wasn't directly asked.

Everyone's getting fucked.  That's not up for debate.  Call the game right, is all I want.

In our game with Powercat there were about 7 different interpretations of targeting, with seemingly none them favoring Tech, whether our player was hitter or hittee..  Bottom line is they need to get it right to protect players, if that's what the rules are for.  In the case of the holding in y'all's game it directly affected the competitive aspect of the game.  That was bullshit too.

Edited by slorch

13 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I would like to believe this, but things are getting a bit ridiculous. In all honesty I can believe that Texas is subconsciously fucked over by the refs and if that's the case then we're probably deserving. Would likely have something to do with our admin being dicks all the time.

Seriously, when have you seen a clear and obvious holding penalty that clearly affected the play right at the point of attack get actually called in the Big 12 and then get waved off? That doesn't happen.

The line judge saw the hold, he called the hold immediately, and then they waved it off. That's absurd.

I can get on board with this.  In the first half, I definitely thought the refs were out to get us.  In the second half they made a few no calls in our favor:  Jalen Green PI/hold close to the endzone and a late hit on Duggan out of bounds.  That said, the refs sucked across the board and we got the worst of it.

Edited by Hmmm

1 minute ago, slorch said:

nm

I know you don’t feel like debating here. I think me and huck are on the same page in that it’s not conspiratorial, but it feels like the officials hold Texas to a higher standard of play than its conference opponents. 
there’s always bad calls and missed calls/no-calls, and some benefit Texas. But based mostly on watching Texas games, Texas gets the short end of the stick in many games. 
We could rehash the holding allowed by the conference that tech gets away with all game long, that Texas gets called for 2-3 times per game to stall the offense. Until someone shows me empirical data that Texas doesn’t get called for more offensive holding than its opponents (lord knows I’m too lazy to do it myself), I’ll continue believing there is a bias at work. 
as can be seen on the picked up holding flag on tcu vs the called hold on okafor just yesterday. 

Yes the Big 12 needing to have a team or two to be bellcows so the national perception will change is trying to screw one of those in UT...RIIIGGGHHHHT....The officials suck as someone said across the board in the conference. No one is trying to submarine Texas. It literally makes no sense at all to do that on every level for the league . In fact if they were trying to hurt/help teams, then UT would be getting the breaks. 

why did you pull the video of the shipley clip?  absolutely we got the call on that one.  and it proves the point that you had ONE call go against you, when we were dealing with FIVE guys being held on THIRTY SNAPS..... that's a total of ONE HUNDRED AND FUCKING FIFTY FLAGS NOT THROWN.

to

in a single game.

4 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

I know you don’t feel like debating here. I think me and huck are on the same page in that it’s not conspiratorial, but it feels like the officials hold Texas to a higher standard of play than its conference opponents. 
there’s always bad calls and missed calls/no-calls, and some benefit Texas. But based mostly on watching Texas games, Texas gets the short end of the stick in many games. 
We could rehash the holding allowed by the conference that tech gets away with all game long, that Texas gets called for 2-3 times per game to stall the offense. Until someone shows me empirical data that Texas doesn’t get called for more offensive holding than its opponents (lord knows I’m too lazy to do it myself), I’ll continue believing there is a bias at work. 
as can be seen on the picked up holding flag on tcu vs the called hold on okafor just yesterday. 

From the Tech perspective, of course it used to be a victim mentality.  Oh they're making sure we don't win.

Now I'm resigned to believing it truly is gross incompetence.  They review plays that we go around the room at my house and break down or it gets discussed on a game thread on here, regardless of teams; and we're just left wondering WTF?  Maybe it is a bias.  It seems to me it's across the board at different times.  It's like the ump in the Astros game that clinched against Minnesota.  Dude missed upwards of 5-6 significant pitches that were completely in or out of the strike zone, and batters from both teams were left fuming, as it changed the ABs, bigtime.   It's frustrating as hell when officials cannot be consistent.

Edited by slorch

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

it’s not conspiratorial

oh, but it is.  there are people who have a life-long butthurt against us.  i guarantee you, if we get the bios of yesterday's carny barkers, we will find the evidence.

but it doesn't matter if we are going to play PC and "take the high road".

what's it gonna be CDC?

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, txbroadcaster said:

Yes the Big 12 needing to have a team or two to be bellcows so the national perception will change is trying to screw one of those in UT...RIIIGGGHHHHT....The officials suck as someone said across the board in the conference. No one is trying to submarine Texas. It literally makes no sense at all to do that on every level for the league . In fact if they were trying to hurt/help teams, then UT would be getting the breaks. 

Explain oSu 2015.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, txbroadcaster said:

Explain yesterday.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Hagbard Celine said:

Explain yesterday.

Bad refs. I said the Big 12 has bad refs. That is known. They do not have some secret order from the league to screw Texas

And you are really saying the proof that the league is screwing UT is one game in 2015 and then one in 2020..Man they lie in wait 

11 minutes ago, txbroadcaster said:

wrong vince vaughn GIF

• Haha 1

Just now, Dennis Taylor said:

Who remembers the refs going to replay to check for, and find, OPI against Texas that was not called during the play (something I'd never seen before) in 3 consecutive games? 

I 'member

That one was infuriating. The replay official stopped play to see if the pass was completed past the LOS, decided it was, and then somehow was able to retroactively call an illegal block downfield that the on field officials did not call. Did I get that all correct?

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, txbroadcaster said:

Bad refs. I said the Big 12 has bad refs. That is known. They do not have some secret order from the league to screw Texas

And you are really saying the proof that the league is screwing UT is one game in 2015 and then one in 2020..Man they lie in wait 

See above gif

Edited by Dennis Taylor

15 minutes ago, txbroadcaster said:

you understand we aren't saying there is a top down league push to fuck Texas.  we are saying the refs are going out of their way to hold Texas to a higher standard of play when calling penalties, specifically holding and PI.  ticky tack call it on Texas.  ticky tack on other team don't call or even worse call it because you saw it but then pick it up if you think it didn't affect the play.

The OPI on Smith was ridiculous.  TCU got 90% of the officiating breaks yesterday on our home field.  to be honest I blame Herman for not acting like Patterson and being in the fucking refs ear all game pointing out the calls they are missing like blocking downfield, holding, and DPI.

I'm sure Patterson is playing the "why does Texas get to do that and we can't" card all game as well.  he's a smart coach.  working the refs is part of the game.  Stoops did it, Mack did it but not enough.  Why because the refs even know they can call a penalty on almost any play by letter of the law.  Why not point out where they are fucking up so you get some.

Charlie and Herman didn't really do shit.  Patterson is 15 yards on the field, yelling at everyone, players/refs/water boys/cheerleaders/tv timeout guy and never gets called unless the ref happens to trip over him. we make fun of him sweating like a dog in heat but he fucking beats our ass and generally gets calls.

But we're Texas.  apparently we can't have our coach being seen riding the refs all game because its unseemly.  you know what I don't give a shit.  I want to win and my coach needs to work the shitty ass refs we have in this conference so that we get more of the calls.  we lose tons of one score games.  one drive killing or drive extending call can make all the difference in the world when your actual football coaching sucks.

rant over.  

TLDR - we need a new real fucking football coach.

• Hook 'Em 3

I honestly believe that if we’d just let the players call their own penalties it wouldn’t be much of a drop-off from what we have with B12 refs.  They are bad to the point that it almost seems they’re determined to be that way.

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

you understand we aren't saying there is a top down league push to fuck Texas.  we are saying the refs are going out of their way to hold Texas to a higher standard of play when calling penalties, specifically holding and PI.  ticky tack call it on Texas.  ticky tack on other team don't call or even worse call it because you saw it but then pick it up if you think it didn't affect the play.

The OPI on Smith was ridiculous.  TCU got 90% of the officiating breaks yesterday on our home field.  to be honest I blame Herman for not acting like Patterson and being in the fucking refs ear all game pointing out the calls they are missing like blocking downfield, holding, and DPI.

I'm sure Patterson is playing the "why does Texas get to do that and we can't" card all game as well.  he's a smart coach.  working the refs is part of the game.  Stoops did it, Mack did it but not enough.  Why because the refs even know they can call a penalty on almost any play by letter of the law.  Why not point out where they are fucking up so you get some.

Charlie and Herman didn't really do shit.  Patterson is 15 yards on the field, yelling at everyone, players/refs/water boys/cheerleaders/tv timeout guy and never gets called unless the ref happens to trip over him. we make fun of him sweating like a dog in heat but he fucking beats our ass and generally gets calls.

But we're Texas.  apparently we can't have our coach being seen riding the refs all game because its unseemly.  you know what I don't give a shit.  I want to win and my coach needs to work the shitty ass refs we have in this conference so that we get more of the calls.  we lose tons of one score games.  one drive killing or drive extending call can make all the difference in the world when your actual football coaching sucks.

rant over.  

Technically, Charlie tried in 2015. How did that work out?

17 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

rant over.  

Yea I think that is an even goofier take...ok guys we are the officials for the UT game this week, now they have not been a consistent power in 10 years but today we will hold them to a higher standard. No..just terrible refs.

Just now, bigcigar said:

Technically, Charlie tried in 2015. How did that work out?

yes I know.  that was beyond bullshit because the ref bumped him. the ref should have been suspended. the problem is he never really said anything until he decided he'd had enough of the bullshit.

If you do it all game long but strategically like Patterson and Scott Drew it becomes psychological.  the refs know they let shit go because they don't want to call a penalty/foul every play.

And our admin needs to be riding the Big 12 offices. which we may be but won't hear about it.  I'm sure CDC knows how to do it, question is does he.

The problem for Texas is that the best we can ever hope for is average refs who don't blatantly screw us over.  The refs all live in the big 12 territory.  Anyone who follows college football in this area either loves or hates UT.  They can't put UT fans out there as refs for our games so they are forced to use refs whose favorite teams are our rivals.  We have more rivals than any other team in CFB and so it's almost impossible for there to be unbiased refs against us.

How you combat this is to do what Mack did.  Befriend the refs but stay on them the whole game about calls with the tirade over the occasional egregious call.  It's no coincidence that the refs became very biased against Texas after Mack left.  That's because both Strong and Herman sit there looking dumbfounded without ever saying anything.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, txhorns said:

The problem for Texas is that the best we can ever hope for is average refs who don't blatantly screw us over.  The refs all live in the big 12 territory.  Anyone who follows college football in this area either loves or hates UT.  They can't put UT fans out there as refs for our games so they are forced to use refs whose favorite teams are our rivals.  We have more rivals than any other team in CFB and so it's almost impossible for there to be unbiased refs against us.

How you combat this is to do what Mack did.  Befriend the refs but stay on them the whole game about calls with the tirade over the occasional egregious call.  It's no coincidence that the refs became very biased against Texas after Mack left.  That's because both Strong and Herman sit there looking dumbfounded without ever saying anything.

Good point.  IIRC, Mack also brought in officials to ref practices.

1 hour ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Actually this TCU game was worse and more obvious than osu2015. It's tough to say, but that game was a handful of calls to get rid of big plays for us. This game was no less than 15 times we had a positive play flip negative by ref decision. The two picked up flags were crazy. The OPI and not calling DPI were totally insane. It's never been this obvious before, they really don't give a single fuck anymore.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, txhorns said:

Yeah maybe the we should just get a head coach who focuses on the refs like Lincoln Riley last night. He looked totally legit lol.

1 hour ago, Dennis Taylor said:

Who remembers the refs going to replay to check for, and find, OPI against Texas that was not called during the play (something I'd never seen before) in 3 consecutive games? 

I 'member

And I think it happened at least twice in one of those games. Never seen that before or since. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Tex Pete said:

And I think it happened at least twice in one of those games. Never seen that before or since. 

The other problem i have with it is that after the first time it happens this should have been addressed ad nauseum in film and on the practice field so it was understood that you have to be unquestionably behind the line on these plays because of this. I believe that is called 'coaching '

17 minutes ago, Zeus said:

Yeah maybe the we should just get a head coach who focuses on the refs like Lincoln Riley last night. He looked totally legit lol.

Lol these are not the same.  Lincoln Riley calls plays while Mack is a CEO type coach.  A CEO coach has plenty more time during the game to work the refs.  There's also a big difference in working the refs in a game and constantly bitching at them.

Working the Refs works.    Patterson at times looks like he’s going to stroke out,  but I can guarantee his constant bitching pays off.  Maybe not in the game where the shit calls occurred, but in a game down the road with the same crew he gets an IOU cashed.   It probably occurred yesterday against us. 

I’ll say it again, Tom is a pussy and his players notice it when he doesn’t go ape shit on the Refs.  Even Lincoln Riley blew his gasket last night a few times and he looks like a pussy.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

From the Tech perspective, of course it used to be a victim mentality.  Oh they're making sure we don't win.
Now I'm resigned to believing it truly is gross incompetence.  They review plays that we go around the room at my house and break down or it gets discussed on a game thread on here, regardless of teams; and we're just left wondering WTF?  Maybe it is a bias.  It seems to me it's across the board at different times.  It's like the ump in the Astros game that clinched against Minnesota.  Dude missed upwards of 5-6 significant pitches that were completely in or out of the strike zone, and batters from both teams were left fuming, as it changed the ABs, bigtime.   It's frustrating as hell when officials cannot be consistent.

I attended Tech for awhile. I'm near Baylor fans and have been for years. I've known Aggies all my life. Many, many are full of shit. Many blame Texas for all sorts of shit. I've stalked here for years. To think there's not bias towards the Horns is bogus. How much it plays out in officiating I don't know.

You and 2008 have been full of shit. Probably first damn drive and 30 plus yard completion. Both Kindle and Orakpo well blatantly held and grabbed the facemask. Nothing obstructing officials view. It was not split second. Pick 6 for Tech? Previous play was the only hold called all game. Pretty sure against Ulatoski. Pretty sure negated a first down. You damn sure never build that lead without the absolute dogshit officiating in your favor.

Big 12 officiating two years ago in Big 12 championship? You remember the non call hold and the dpi on Lil Jordan right? There were two fouls on one defender. Not a split decision probably no obstructive. Just downright shittiness. Name me a bigger non call in Tech history? Other than the non call on the Shipley return. And hey I'm sure you remember the 4th and 2 non call on clear procedure on OU. Easy call. Easy call. Not subjective. Not obstructed view.

Charlie Strong got hosed time and again. Remember when yall won the high scoring thriller when Chris Warren ran all over you? We were exchanging scores until a bullshit illegal man downfield on Connor Williams helped kill a drive. Baylor, OU, KState and Arkansas all in the Strong era had no offensive or defensive in game penalties until later in the 2nd half. People don't care for Strongs tenure but look at the NFL rosters for the talent those guys have/had.

I've heard Techsters whine about shit that aren't penalties. Baylor too. An example being RGIII being tripped for a tackle. I copied and pasted the damn rule from the NCAA rulebook. Not a single acknowledgment that what they were wanting was not a penalty. Hell I've had some BU fans today wanting targeting from yesterday. Bs. That was a football play. And they also had a screenshot of an offsides that was offset so you couldn't tell jack. Hell they whined about a legit non-int a few years ago. One, it was correct. Two, the ref actually worked hard for position to make the call and the ball touched the ground so the call is subjective at best. And screw them anyway for the Beuchele pick versus OU in the 3rd that was no way, no how a pick in a back and forth game. But those assholes will wail on about a Derrick Johnson pick that hit the ground when they won 12-0. For reference I didn't see a replay that confirmed it hit until after the game.

Now you limp Ds will talk about Texas- ISU in 2013. Point taken. Or the OSU supposed fumble from Bergeron. But 2 minutes passed before the announcing crew realized the ball even came loose. The only OSU guy that reacted was the one with the ball and he wasn't even convinced.

Sometimes it's a miss because the angle is poor. I'm as critical as anyone on officials but do understand why some stuff is missed.

And some assholes will state TCU had more penalties but pretty sure half of theirs were pre-snap penalties. One was Fat Gare tripping a ref. One delay. Two flags picked up. A huge, easy dpi non call that was 3rd down so it resulted in a punt. The illegal man on Jones downfield was technically correct but had no impact on the play. He was not engaged nor was there a defender to engage.

I don't doubt you got the short end yesterday. K State is babied by the officials too. Most teams do. We get the weird shit. Big 12 tried to play off the Poona Ford defensive hold. Then we had a run of holds to show there was no bias. But now when is the last time you saw one? We're still the only team to get review then called for OPI that I've seen. And it was twice.

And go watch 1998 in Lubbock and tell me why the refs didn't give Casey Hampton the fumble recovery late in the game. Must have been the Texas bias.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 4

I guess you skipped over the multiple times I've stated the officiating is fucked up.

The shit yesterday on the targeting was just wild inconsistency.   I don't think we are in disagreement.

The holding call in the UT game yesterday was plain as day.  Should never have been waved off.

Edited by slorch

1 hour ago, Pato del Muerto said:

That one was infuriating. The replay official stopped play to see if the pass was completed past the LOS, decided it was, and then somehow was able to retroactively call an illegal block downfield that the on field officials did not call. Did I get that all correct?

That one stood out-and I'm glad I was not at home when I saw it or would have had to call a drywall contractor to patch the damaged sheetrock and repair the hole in the ceiling.  Many others could be mentioned, but this one truly was an ex-post facto bullshit call that should have never been made.

17 minutes ago, slorch said:

I guess you skipped over the multiple times I've stated the officiating is fucked up.

The shit yesterday on the targeting was just wild inconsistency.   I don't think we are in disagreement.

The holding call in the UT game yesterday was plain as day.  Should never have been waved off.

Yeah the two calls that were waived off were hilarious. 

Head ref: What's the call?

Other ref: Holding on froggy.

Head ref: nah fuck that

2 hours ago, Bevo VIII said:

The more sad part is we’re putting ourselves in position to make poor officiating matter. If we do what we’re supposed to do then you easily overcome poor officiating. Yesterday was a horrible day for officiating but we played liked shit in all 3 phases. 

We still had an opportunity or the illusion of one.   But when more than 50% of the big plays are stolen and the turnovers are stolen by officiating (2015) this goes out the window.  Yeah, we have to be better, play better, and learn to get into position/tackle.    But that isn't the point.  It is blatant cheating by officials who are fucking over a school, fans, players and coaches.   It also serves the conference poorly in the post season, when those teams using the altered rule book run into officials from other conferences.  

• Hook 'Em 1

LOlz  semantics matter now that your team got UT'ed.
Holding... block in the back at the point of contain...  the fouls are extremely similar with regard to functionality in the 2 respective plays being discussed.
You're right my initial post did reference that other post of yours. But I also had this one in mind. And 12 years worth of reading similar takes.

What I'm telling you it is bs. You are referencing a big play which for a ref to call is highly dependent on the angle. And punts are probably the hardest play in football for a ref to track. 22 guys all over the field with most running full speed. The holding on pass plays on edge should be one of the easiest to make. You harped and harped on a Texas board anytime 2008 is brought up. And again you likely you never build that badass lead without horseshit non calls in your favor. And I promise you there were 100s of plays that year with more blatant infractions than Ulatoskis holding call which indirectly lead to a pick 6 a play, if not two, later. I think there was one in which 3 of our 4 down linemen were blatantly held or flat out were grabbed by the facemask.

We got "UT'd" that is potentially the bias that some Big 12 official from BFE west Texas has against the Horns. Probably some nimrod Nebraska fan from the midwest cause we screwed up their conference. To think this potential doesn't exist when it exists in you who willingly spends hours here on a Texas message board is not very sound. There are, in my best guess, far fewer Aggies that have the disdain for Tech. And they're likely largely limited to those molded in the Leach era and wanting Tech to lose at every turn.

Refs have always made errors and every team has been negativly affected. But there is a narrative that we're a huge beneficiary. You promote that here in this very thread.

I was not able to watch all of our Tech game. But I think yall had 4 penalties for 15 yards which indicates two things most likely. You got away with some shit. And they were potentially low impact penalties meaning either they're no subjectivity or dead ball fouls.

• Fuck You 1

LOLz.  It was what it was, and that was a block in the back.  The ref called it and waved it off.  Inexplicably.

Those conditions and continual circumstances throughout the years wear on a fanbase.  Whatever.   That night, not even the zebras could steal it for Texas.  That is a factor in why the win meant so much to the program, otherwise, it was just the same ole shit again.

Now, Throughout this thread, that has NOT been the flavor of the discussion.  Nor am I one to sit there and bemoan the officiating being anti-Tech, nor has that been my position.  Someone else brought it up.

That bothers a couple of folks.  i don't care.  they can go fuck themselves.

The thread has been a reasonable discussion.  Big XII officiating needs to be fixed(sic.)

Edited by slorch

2 hours ago, Had Enough said:

I attended Tech for awhile. I'm near Baylor fans and have been for years. I've known Aggies all my life. Many, many are full of shit. Many blame Texas for all sorts of shit. I've stalked here for years. To think there's not bias towards the Horns is bogus. How much it plays out in officiating I don't know.

You and 2008 have been full of shit. Probably first damn drive and 30 plus yard completion. Both Kindle and Orakpo well blatantly held and grabbed the facemask. Nothing obstructing officials view. It was not split second. Pick 6 for Tech? Previous play was the only hold called all game. Pretty sure against Ulatoski. Pretty sure negated a first down. You damn sure never build that lead without the absolute dogshit officiating in your favor.

Big 12 officiating two years ago in Big 12 championship? You remember the non call hold and the dpi on Lil Jordan right? There were two fouls on one defender. Not a split decision probably no obstructive. Just downright shittiness. Name me a bigger non call in Tech history? Other than the non call on the Shipley return. And hey I'm sure you remember the 4th and 2 non call on clear procedure on OU. Easy call. Easy call. Not subjective. Not obstructed view.

Charlie Strong got hosed time and again. Remember when yall won the high scoring thriller when Chris Warren ran all over you? We were exchanging scores until a bullshit illegal man downfield on Connor Williams helped kill a drive. Baylor, OU, KState and Arkansas all in the Strong era had no offensive or defensive in game penalties until later in the 2nd half. People don't care for Strongs tenure but look at the NFL rosters for the talent those guys have/had.

I've heard Techsters whine about shit that aren't penalties. Baylor too. An example being RGIII being tripped for a tackle. I copied and pasted the damn rule from the NCAA rulebook. Not a single acknowledgment that what they were wanting was not a penalty. Hell I've had some BU fans today wanting targeting from yesterday. Bs. That was a football play. And they also had a screenshot of an offsides that was offset so you couldn't tell jack. Hell they whined about a legit non-int a few years ago. One, it was correct. Two, the ref actually worked hard for position to make the call and the ball touched the ground so the call is subjective at best. And screw them anyway for the Beuchele pick versus OU in the 3rd that was no way, no how a pick in a back and forth game. But those assholes will wail on about a Derrick Johnson pick that hit the ground when they won 12-0. For reference I didn't see a replay that confirmed it hit until after the game.

Now you limp Ds will talk about Texas- ISU in 2013. Point taken. Or the OSU supposed fumble from Bergeron. But 2 minutes passed before the announcing crew realized the ball even came loose. The only OSU guy that reacted was the one with the ball and he wasn't even convinced.

Sometimes it's a miss because the angle is poor. I'm as critical as anyone on officials but do understand why some stuff is missed.

And some assholes will state TCU had more penalties but pretty sure half of theirs were pre-snap penalties. One was Fat Gare tripping a ref. One delay. Two flags picked up. A huge, easy dpi non call that was 3rd down so it resulted in a punt. The illegal man on Jones downfield was technically correct but had no impact on the play. He was not engaged nor was there a defender to engage.

I don't doubt you got the short end yesterday. K State is babied by the officials too. Most teams do. We get the weird shit. Big 12 tried to play off the Poona Ford defensive hold. Then we had a run of holds to show there was no bias. But now when is the last time you saw one? We're still the only team to get review then called for OPI that I've seen. And it was twice.

And go watch 1998 in Lubbock and tell me why the refs didn't give Casey Hampton the fumble recovery late in the game. Must have been the Texas bias.

TLDR & fuck off.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, slorch said:

They are not singling Texas out.  It's bullshit across the board.  Mega missed calls/ misapplied rules( thought he saw something/ didn't see anything) for everyone.

TCU had maybe 2-3 bad no calls/calls there way.

we had

illegal motion called offsides, OPI, picked up DPI, picked up holding, no DPI on TCU Eagles, blocking downfield by receivers not called at least twice, bullshit hold on Okafor, the OL downfield called on us(technically may have been correct but TCU did it multiple times with no calls), did we ever see the holding call on the KO return?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Working the Refs works.

Agreed.  Best example I can recall was women's basketball, though I don't recall the specifics.  When Jodie was coaching Texas was getting hammered by the refs.  Everything seemed to be called against us.  Nothing the other team did seemed to matter.  It was nuts.  Jodie storms onto the court tearing the refs a new one, getting a technical and just unloading on them.  The lopsided calls just stopped.  All of a sudden.  Like magic.  There are time when a coach needs to go there.