This is the thread where you admit you put mayo on your hot dog

Jimbaround

3 hours ago, HouTex said:

This was thoroughly discussed on the old site. Mayo only has a few uses. BLTs, cole slaw, tartar sauce, roumalade. Not much else.

Speaking of cole slaw.  I had a meal catered at work this week and the cole slaw had pineapple in it.  I thought it was good.  Is that thought proper?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rage-a-holic said:

I pour ranch on my hot dogs. Ranch is mostly mayo. Does that count?

That depends on the ranch.  The best ranches are more heavy on the buttermilk and sour cream.  The more mayo based ones aren't as good, IMO.

Mayo on hot dogs is disgusting.  Mustard, and maybe a little ketchup.

4 hours ago, HouTex said:

This was thoroughly discussed on the old site. Mayo only has a few uses. BLTs, cole slaw, tartar sauce, roumalade. Not much else.

Potato salad.  There are some solid flavored aiolis out there, but I believe aioli technically isn't mayo because it uses olive oil.

Mayo is gross as a straight up condiment, but it can be effectively employed as a binder ingredient if it's taste is masked by the stuff it's used with.

Edited by Al_4_ISU
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LW Goatman said:

Some kids mom once fed me bologna on white bread with mayo and ketchup. That was like 35 years ago and i still remember. I never went back to that kids house. 

that mom was trying to get rid of you.  mission accomplished. 

• Like 1

Nope on the mayo on a hot dog but I do love ketchup with chicken fried steak...especially ketchup and cream gravy together.

Same here. Been doing it all my life. I also like both cream and brown gravy so I do half cream and half brown gravy.

I also agree that mayo is great in potato salad and in chicken and tuna salad. But on a burger or hot dog or a sandwich that is not a BLT, no way.

I have been on a mayo rollercoaster, when I was young it went on everything, then just “salads,” now I am starting to use it exclusively on sandwiches. Am I turning into my parents where eventually it will be on everything again (I.e. peaches and mayo)?

22 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Keep some Boars Head horseradish sauce to add to your mayo. Next level and better than pre mixed. 

And is Mayo acceptable with cold brisket leftovers on wonder bread?  Asking for a friend 

Not sure about that but a cold slightly dry leftover roll with some cold slightly dry turkey, oh...say, the day after thanksgiving?  Mayo on that shit FTMFW

And don’t come at me with but but but dunk in gravy.  That too is amazing and does not require the mayo but it requires heating up.  I’m talking cold here bitches.

Edited by Landomatic
to add the gravy disclaimer
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Landomatic said:

Not sure about that but a cold slightly dry leftover roll with some cold slightly dry turkey, oh...say, the day after thanksgiving?  Mayo on that shit FTMFW

And don’t come at me with but but but dunk in gravy.  That too is amazing and does not require the mayo but it requires heating up.  I’m talking cold here bitches.

I’m generally not a big fan of “wraps” but cold turkey, dressing and cranberry jelly wrapped in a flour tortilla has been my post-thanksgiving breakfast for quite a few times.  Pro tip, if you don’t have tortillas, cut the crust off of some white bread, roll that shit flat with a rolling pin and stick it in a hot skillet for a few seconds.   Yes, yesterday was 4-20