Ken Paxton is dirty? NO FUCKING WAY!

Gil Bang

2 hours ago, Dr. Teeth said:

Related:

Fart, Barf and Itch is closing in.  https://apnews.com/article/business-ken-paxton-lawsuits-crime-philanthropy-25196cf6d36876c21c37722e00f8db27  I'd think an indictment is coming soon.

At least one Austin contractor recently received a federal grand jury subpoena for records related to work on Paxton’s home, according to a document obtained by the AP and a person familiar with the matter. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing.

The subpoena calls on the contractor to testify before a grand jury and to provide invoices, communications, receipts, payment records and other documents. The FBI declined to comment.

Edited by TwiceHorn

17 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'd think an indictment is coming soon.

I'd like to think that there's absolutely no way that an attorney general can remain in office while he's under two separate indictments, but I realize that we are talking about Texas Republicans here.

• Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

I'd like to think that there's absolutely no way that an attorney general can remain in office while he's under two separate indictments, but I realize that we are talking about Texas Republicans here.

The senators in the finance committee hearing were completely feckless. They didn’t even ask him about the whistleblower suit or fbi investigation. They don’t care.

• 2 weeks later...

No but when Ken was seeing leaving for Utah, he sang about Utah and Texas...(in either E or F, in 4/4 time):

I'm goin' back to a place that's far away, how 'bout you?
Have you got a place to stay?

So let's leave it alone 'cause we can't see eye to eye
There ain't no good guy, there ain't no bad guy
There's only you and me and we just disagree
Ooh ooh ooh, oh oh oh

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

No but when Ken was seeing leaving for Utah, he sang about Utah and Texas...(in either E or F, in 4/4 time):

I'm goin' back to a place that's far away, how 'bout you?
Have you got a place to stay?

There ain't no good guy, there ain't no bad guy
There's only you and me and we just disagree
Ooh ooh ooh, oh oh oh

Mother fucker. 

I know that song but can’t remember who did it. Now I have to find the answer. 
Quit fucking with me.  

5 minutes ago, wreckatx said:

Spoiler

When the media reported that Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton had flown to Utah with his wife in the middle of the state’s power crisis last week, Paxton called it a business trip that had been planned in advance.

Now a group of whistleblowers from his office who sparked an FBI investigation of Paxton are casting doubt on Paxton’s explanation.

In court records filed Friday, the whistleblowers say the attorney general had told a Travis County judge he could not appear at a hearing in their case because he was scheduled to be in Austin on Feb. 18 for a House appropriations committee hearing. The committee later canceled the hearing because of the state’s weather disaster.

Instead, the spokesman for Utah Attorney General Sean Reyes said Paxton met with Reyes on the afternoon of Feb. 19 and again on Feb. 21, as first reported by The Dallas Morning News. Paxton has not said when he arrived in Utah; he returned on Feb. 23.

“This begs the question: did Paxton pre-plan his Utah trip with plans to skip his legislative testimony, the hearing before this Court, or both?” the whistleblowers’ attorneys wrote in a filing Friday. “Or was Paxton simply lying to Texans about his trip to Utah having been pre-planned?”

Paxton’s attorney and his office and campaign spokespeople did not immediately respond to a request for comment Friday night.

In the whistleblower suit, four former aides of Paxton claim that he fired them in retaliation for reporting him to law enforcement on allegations that he committed bribery and abuse of office by helping his friend and campaign donor Nate Paul. Paxton has denied those accusations.

In an unrelated case, Paxton has been under criminal indictment since 2015 for felony securities fraud, but the long-delayed case has yet to go to trial. He’s denied wrongdoing in that case as well.

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

AG: I promise you Texas, I will not rest one minute until the people and corporations responsible for the deadly outages last week have been investigated and punished to the fullest extent of the law.  Now let’s play some golf!

6 hours ago, mchookem said:

does trump look like he's lost weight? 

There was a McDonalds across the street from the WH every day for the entire four years he was in office.  

4 hours ago, Chooky said:

The possibility of prison has to be stressful.  He's probably pounding half the McMuffins he was a year ago.

Video cameras add 100 pounds.  

Edited by Mdhorn

sapd breaks up a human smuggling ring. sapd calls some catholic charities and the suspects get to lawyer up asap. patton claims they prevented homeland security from doing their job and the sa police chief needs to be terminated. 

https://www.kens5.com/article/news/local/law-enforcement/texas-attorney-general-seeking-removal-of-san-antonio-police-chief/273-6bb7b16a-bb8b-487b-a007-752a9f3d2e14

Edited by tx 3 putt

Yeah, most of his jowls are mysteriously missing.  His outfit and physique look mostly like this pic from a couple of years ago with Favre:

https://www.tmz.com/2020/07/25/brett-favre-golfs-with-president-trump-kaepernick-flashpoint/

I don't like conspiracy talk in this day and age, but the guy looks wildly different and one big, dead fucking giveaway...........  he's not wearing his gold lady's watch around his left wrist.  He always wears that thing golfing even when he's got the glove on.  

7 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The ones on the thumb and finger could easily be because of, or to avoid, callouses. You play as much golf as he does and that’s an issue. 

Actually it’s the opposite.  Anyone that plays that much golf has already developed callouses along the grip and will never get a blister.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, wreckatx said:

How could those lawyers pull this stunt off with a straight face?

Lawyers representing the attorney general’s office continued Monday to argue the suit should be dismissed on procedural grounds. They have argued that Paxton is “not a public employee,” and thus the office cannot be sued under the Texas Whistleblower Act. They also argued that the aides were not covered under that act because members of the executive branch, including the attorney general, have the power to hire and fire their own senior staff without legislative branch interference.

It's a bizarre argument.  The Act is here. https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/GV/htm/GV.554.htm

And it does define "public employee" in a way that might exclude an elected official.  Which would make sense, because, generally speaking, elected officials can't be just fired.

But, as noted upthread, under the statutes, public employees are the ones given the right to sue state agencies and entities that employ them and retaliate.  Because Paxton is a defendant, his status as a public employee, however defined, would seem to be irrelevant.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

Abbott sends him onto the battlefield to take on any wrongdoers in the energy/water debacle of last month.  

So far, Paxton has done nothing of what he was assigned.  Rather he has taken on Twitter/Big Tech, played golf in Orlando with Trump, gotten into more hot water for his relationship with Nate Paul and money laundering, more former deputies are blowing the whistle on him, more information about inappropriate affairs, and got none of the $16bn overrages dialed back.  

This guy is just a straight-shooter with upper management written all over him.  

On 3/3/2021 at 6:01 PM, Shaddie said:

It’s a brilliant strategy. 

Judge will be so cross eyed watching that cross eyed MFer he’ll just say “fuck it, I have a headache looking at your crazy eyes and I have to take a nap”. 

CrossEyedJudge.gif.ad0496e4417ba115d2a1e7031c9b8ff3.gif