Ken Paxton is dirty? NO FUCKING WAY!

Gil Bang

35 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

And Bannon looks like a gotdamned filthy hippie.

I bet he smells like Drakkar Noir, sour cream and onion chips, and Stoli vodka.

I wore drakkar noir in 7-9th grade. I was pretty much an idiot. 

Also you can’t really smell vodka which is why some of the alcoholics I know day drink it. 

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

So why were the mail in ballots illegal?

In it’s never ending quest to make voting difficult the Texas legislature wrote the law on mail in ballots pretty strict on who can do that. The court probably got it right. Voter suppression in Texas is not a recent thing. 

Guest Lobo
2 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

So why were the mail in ballots illegal?

BEcause of households with more than two mailboxes.  And other things...of that nature!  

1 hour ago, JimmyJames said:

I wore drakkar noir in 7-9th grade. I was pretty much an idiot. 

Also you can’t really smell vodka which is why some of the alcoholics I know day drink it. 

Well, yeah the vodka doesn't have much of a scent, but the alcohol metabolites in your breath and sweat do yield a certain smell that most associate with death and decay.  I'm not sure that it isn't actually better to have that tainted with some liquor/beer smell.

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Well, yeah the vodka doesn't have much of a scent, but the alcohol metabolites in your breath and sweat do yield a certain smell that most associate with death and decay.  I'm not sure that it isn't actually better to have that tainted with some liquor/beer smell.

Yeah if you get wasted it’s impossible to not stink from alcohol. The difference between having one IPA beer and one vodka tonic is striking though. The two biggest alcoholics I’ve ever known always drank vodka during the day. They both said they did it because it was harder for other people to detect. 

Thankfully both have now quit drinking because if they didn’t one was gonna die of liver failure and the other was gonna have his wife of 20 years or so leave him. 

George P will have nowhere to go if Trump endorses Paxton. Paxton was with Trump on 1/6 and has been photographed with him since. All we've got from P is a picture of him talking on a cell phone claiming it's Trump. Really put his eggs all in one basket

I think shit might get wild in this primary before too long. If it does I don’t think either of these jackasses (bush/paxton) make it through. 

Yeah, this could get ugly. Paxton is a cornered rat and won’t give up his only power easy. He needs everything he has to try to stay out of jail.

George P will have nowhere to go if Trump endorses Paxton. Paxton was with Trump on 1/6 and has been photographed with him since. All we've got from P is a picture of him talking on a cell phone claiming it's Trump. Really put his eggs all in one basket

Trump is probably just throwing out endorsements like candy right now. When shit gets closer he will expect some sort of payment for a true endorsement

1 hour ago, Updawg said:

Trump is probably just throwing out endorsements like candy right now. When shit gets closer he will expect some sort of payment for a true endorsement

Yep.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/zacheverson/2021/06/08/sarah-huckabee-sanders-routes-money-to-donald-trump-via-gubernatorial-campaign/?sh=3ddacd7e4f42

On 6/5/2021 at 8:55 AM, Bama Chick said:

Just saying it all out loud like that.

This is a lie.  Texas mail-in voting has always been very small, due to expansive in-person early voting days/hours that the Texas GOP passed previously (before SB7). 

He's just making sure Trump gives him the endorsement over Bush.  

5 hours ago, That Guy said:

As the article mentions it is possible she resigned to run for AG. If she did, i assume she has Abbott’s blessing and access the support of his donor base. 

Yep, no way she resigns unless she has everything lined up.

And it's probably in Abbott's best interest that she beat George P (and Paxton) in the primary - handing George P a defeat right now might slow his roll as he looks at running for Governor down the road.

You hate to see it (not really).

For @Brisketexan @TwiceHorn etc. how big of a deal is this?

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas-politics/state-bar-investigating-ag-ken-paxton-for-misconduct-over-election-lawsuit-to-protect-trump/

The Texas bar association is investigating whether state Attorney General Ken Paxton’s failed efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election based on bogus claims of fraud amounted to professional misconduct.

The State Bar of Texas initially declined to take up a Democratic Party activist’s complaint that Paxton’s petitioning of the U.S. Supreme Court to block Joe Biden’s victory was frivolous and unethical. But a tribunal that oversees grievances against lawyers overturned that decision late last month and ordered the bar to look into the accusations against the Republican official.

The investigation is yet another liability for the embattled attorney general, who is facing a years-old criminal case, a separate, newer FBI investigation, and a Republican primary opponent who is seeking to make electoral hay of the various controversies. It also makes Paxton one of the highest profile lawyers to face professional blowback over their roles in Donald Trump’s effort to delegitimize his defeat.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Meh.

The Bar is much more toothless than it should be.  And, when it comes to matters that were filed in court, the court will largely be the entity that determines whether they were frivolous or not, based on motion of one of the parties.  But, courts are also too hesitant to sanction attorneys for their bullshit.

TLDR: nothing will happen.  Paxton may end up POTUS someday, because this timeline.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Meh.

The Bar is much more toothless than it should be.  And, when it comes to matters that were filed in court, the court will largely be the entity that determines whether they were frivolous or not, based on motion of one of the parties.  But, courts are also too hesitant to sanction attorneys for their bullshit.

TLDR: nothing will happen.  Paxton may end up POTUS someday, because this timeline.

I'm a little surprised that the Chief Disciplinary Counsel initially chickened out on this, they're usually kind of law license headhunters.

Maybe they will be emboldened by the BODA decision to investigate it.

Edited by TwiceHorn

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/06/09/texas-ken-paxton-fraud-trial/

Last month, a divided three-judge panel ruled that the case should move back to Collin County. Prosecutors are asking the full 1st Court of Appeals to review and reverse that ruling, potentially further delaying the 6-year-old case.

Prosecutors in the felony fraud case against Attorney General Ken Paxton are asking the full 1st Court of Appeals to review a decision by a three-justice panel last month that moved the trial from Harris County back to Collin County, where Paxton lives, potentially adding another delay to a case that is nearly 6 years old.

In May, a panel of three Democratic justices in the 1st Court of Appeals in Houston allowed the case to return to Collin County on a vote of 2-1, ruling that the presiding judge who moved the case out of Collin County in March 2017 had no longer been assigned to the judicial region handling Paxton's case. The ruling was a major victory for Paxton, who had asked the courts to be tried in his home county, a staunchly Republican area of the state where he and his wife, state Sen. Angela Paxton, R-McKinney, are major political figures.

It's Official

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/06/09/eva-guzman-texas-supreme-court/

On Friday, Guzman, a Republican, filed what is known as a campaign treasurer appointment form with the Texas Ethics Commission, saying she is seeking the office of attorney general, according to a copy of the form obtained by The Texas Tribune. Her treasurer is Orlando Salazar of Dallas, the vice chair of the Republican National Hispanic Assembly.

“Eva Guzman has served Texas for over 22 years honorably," Guzman's political consultant, Justin Dudley, said in a statement to the Tribune. "She looks forward to putting her experience and know-how to work in a new role. The campaign will have a formal announcement soon."

I have a feeling that "honorably" part will be her tagline.

It remains to be seen if Guzman's candidacy would change former President Donald Trump's plans to get involved in the primary. Before Bush launched his challenge to Paxton, Trump issued a statement saying he likes "them both very much" and that he would make an endorsement "in the not-so-distant future."

The attorney general's race has already drawn the most action of any statewide contest on the ballot next year. In addition to the high-profile Republican primary, Joe Jaworski, a Galveston lawyer and former mayor of the city, is campaigning against Paxton on the Democratic side. Lee Merrit, the nationally recognized civil rights attorney from North Texas, has said he is running for the job but has not shared his partisan affiliation yet.

Tempting to vote in the R primary.  Going to be fun to see them try and out-Trump one another.

44 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I have a feeling Paxton will campaign on the notion she’s an illegal immigrant Messican transektual. And he will win by 5+%

Just now, Updawg said:

I think/hope that Paxton is fucked at this point. Two people pointing out his shit will be hard to overcome. Let alone the contributions he will lose

One of those whose name is not Paxton, will have Abbott's backing. Probably Guzman since George P could just as easily be running for governor.

And what BMDs want to be associated with Paxton at this point, given that Paxton hires people who have no problems turning on him and revealing shady shit?

It is really one of the more interesting statewide races, simply because Guzman is coming in after George P had already been pushing that he's Trump's chosen, etc., and she gave up a seat on the Texas Supreme Court to do so.  Makes me wonder if Abbott promised to back her all the way.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

One of those whose name is not Paxton, will have Abbott's backing. Probably Guzman since George P could just as easily be running for governor.
And what BMDs want to be associated with Paxton at this point, given that Paxton hires people who have no problems turning on him and revealing shady shit?
It is really one of the more interesting statewide races, simply because Guzman is coming in after George P had already been pushing that he's Trump's chosen, etc., and she gave up a seat on the Texas Supreme Court to do so.  Makes me wonder if Abbott promised to back her all the way.

Good point. Cut off George p.

I have a feeling Paxton will campaign on the notion she’s an illegal immigrant Messican transektual. And he will win by 5+%

That feeling is called “reality.” She will absolutely have her loyalty and “American-ness” questioned (through alternative channels, of course), and it will work.

On 6/14/2021 at 7:44 PM, atomheartbevo said:

I think this is spot on.  No way Guzman resigned without Abbott's tacit support.  I think this race ends up in a runoff then Paxton runs out of money.  

17 minutes ago, wreckatx said:

I think this is spot on.  No way Guzman resigned without Abbott's tacit support.  I think this race ends up in a runoff then Paxton runs out of money.  

I don't want to push the notion that Abbott is a political genius, but like I said, he could cut George P off at the knees if he gets Guzman into the AG spot, and I still wonder if he had something to do with Allen West resigning.

On 6/16/2021 at 5:46 PM, atomheartbevo said:

I don't want to push the notion that Abbott is a political genius, but like I said, he could cut George P off at the knees if he gets Guzman into the AG spot, and I still wonder if he had something to do with Allen West resigning.

Yes…genius would be strong, but he’s no slouch. Plus I heard TLR is supporting Guzman. You’d have to think the governor had a hand in that. Now, can the GOP primary-voting faithful elect someone who is (a) a woman, (b) a minority, and (c) not a trump bootlicker? That remains to be seen.

Edited by wreckatx

6 hours ago, wreckatx said:

Yes…genius would be strong, but he’s no slouch. Plus I heard TLR is supporting Guzman. You’d have to think the governor had a hand in that. Now, can the GOP primary-voting faithful elect someone who is (a) a woman, (b) a minority, and (c) not a trump bootlicker? That remains to be seen.

who said she isn't going to be a Trump bootlicker though? Seems to be a requirement