Ken Paxton is dirty? NO FUCKING WAY!

Gil Bang

Paxton tried to bring a lawsuit against Travis County clerk Dana DeBeauvoir for obstructing a poll worker. She spent 75k in lawyer fees before it was dropped and was luckily reimbursed. Last week, the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals voted to strip the AG of the ability to initiate election cases on his own, citing separation of powers. Now, the attorney general’s office can only step in if a local prosecutor asks for help.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/12/20/texas-ken-paxton-travis-county-elections/

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

22 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Paxton tried to bring a lawsuit against Travis County clerk Dana DeBeauvoir for obstructing a poll worker. She spent 75k in lawyer fees before it was dropped and was luckily reimbursed. Last week, the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals voted to strip the AG of the ability to initiate election cases on his own, citing separation of powers. Now, the attorney general’s office can only step in if a local prosecutor asks for help.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/12/20/texas-ken-paxton-travis-county-elections/

I'm actually stunned by this.  That fucker should still be removed from office, but this is a nice start.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Not to be outdone, the General Land Office is suing the Biden Administration over the border wall situation.  Basically the GLO is funding a campaign advertisement.  

"And the race to the bottom.......is on!" 

Edited by Lobo

59 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Not to be outdone, the General Land Office is suing the Biden Administration over the border wall situation.  Basically the GLO is funding a campaign advertisement.  

"And the race to the bottom.......is on!" 

miller is a crook 

7 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Cruz Azul Cheer GIF by Club America

We need more Republican-on-Republican fighting.  

There is quite a groundswell of it.  And it may get worse as the 1/6 commission begins to reveal truth.

But, there's a huge chance that they all pull a Cruz when it's nut-cutting time and gobble that orange crank.

Would Paxton be able to be able to suck the balls while Gohmert sucked the "shaft" or would Louie's giant schnoz get in the way because Paxton's lazy eye wouldn't see it bobbing around up there?  Good news is even an errant ejaculation by Trump into Paxton's eye has a 50/50 chance of not being a vision issue for Ken.  

I know one of Gohmert's daughters takes it on the face but not sure about Louie himself.  Could be a "You, alright?!? I learned it by watching you!" type of familial situation. 

23 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Would Paxton be able to be able to suck the balls while Gohmert sucked the "shaft" or would Louie's giant schnoz get in the way because Paxton's lazy eye wouldn't see it bobbing around up there?  Good news is even an errant ejaculation by Trump into Paxton's eye has a 50/50 chance of not being a vision issue for Ken.  

I know one of Gohmert's daughters takes it on the face but not sure about Louie himself.  Could be a "You, alright?!? I learned it by watching you!" type of familial situation. 

Schitts Creek No GIF by CBC

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

you're precious

Harvey Weinstein never thought he’d have to pay for years of raping women. Neither did Bill Cosby. Bill Clinton could not have imagined he would be disgraced by his refusal to change his ways. All of these men got by for years. But they didn’t get away.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Satchel said:

Harvey Weinstein never thought he’d have to pay for years of raping women. Neither did Bill Cosby. Bill Clinton could not have imagined he would be disgraced by his refusal to change his ways. All of these men got by for years. But they didn’t get away.

Yeah, I tend to think these dirtbags will eventually pay the piper.

To be frank, Paxton's original securities violation is kind of chickenshit, as far as crimes go.  But it most certainly shows either stupidity or corruption or both.  Subsequent events have demonstrated that he is as corrupt and corruptible as that initial incident predicted.

5 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Did I catch an ad for a new entrant in the AG race -- a female Republcan -- on TV last night?

i'm sure we discussed her somewhere up thread.  probably back when she resigned from the texas supreme court last june. 

1 hour ago, Ghost of LL said:

Eh--that's a bit more racially charged than I was willing to go.

Can't we just say "fuck this facile spawn of a failed and discredited political 'dynasty'"?

Nah, I am cool with calling some mother fucker that is a 1st generation American from Guanajuato propagating anti-Mexican sentiment a coconut.

https://www.kxan.com/news/texas-politics/ag-paxton-defies-county-officials-order-to-release-records-related-to-jan-6-trump-rally/

Attorney General Ken Paxton said the Travis County district attorney’s determination that Paxton violated open records laws by withholding information related to his trip to Washington D.C. on the day of the Capitol insurrection was “meritless” and that his office had fulfilled its obligation under the law.

Last week, the district attorney’s office gave Paxton four days to turn over communications requested by the state’s leading newspapers relating to his trip or face a lawsuit.

On Friday, Austin Kinghorn, a lawyer for the attorney general’s office, dismissed the district attorney’s findings, saying the office had provided no provisions under the state’s open records law that had been violated and implied that the newspapers had made the requests to publish stories about them.

“In each instance, complainant’ allegations rely on unsupported assumptions and fundamental misunderstandings of the PIA and its requirements,” Kinghorn wrote. “Frustrated that they have failed to uncover anything worth reporting following ‘numerous open records requests to AG Paxton office for various documents,’ complainant newspaper editors have sought to leverage your office’s authority to further their fishing expedition, or worse, manufacture a conflict between our respective offices that will give rise to publishable content for the complainants’ media outlets.”

In their complaint, the newspapers said Paxton was using attorney-client privilege to withhold every single email and text message around the time of the Jan. 6 rally.

The newspapers also complained that the attorney general’s office had no policy for handling work-related records kept on personal devices or accounts, like the text message sent by the Dallas Morning News reporter to Paxton’s personal phone.

The journalists further complained that Paxton had responded to a request for his text messages about a trip to Utah during last year’s February freeze by providing the communications of Utah Attorney General Sean Reyes, but not his own. When a reporter for the Dallas Morning News asked why the office had not provided Paxton’s text messages, a lawyer for the attorney general’s office responded: “General Paxton provided the messages.”

• Rage+1 1

Everybody, and I mean everybody, at TPPF today .  All turned their back on Ken Paxton

I don’t know what he did or didn’t do in the last couple of weeks but he is now a man without a country.  The people speaking about him today talk more affectionately about pedophiles and serial killers and then they did about Ken Paxton this afternokn

Edited by Lobo

23 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Everybody, and I mean everybody, at TPPF today .  All turned their back on Ken Paxton

I don’t know what he did or didn’t do in the last couple of weeks but he is now a man without a country.  The people speaking about him today talk more affectionately about pedophiles and serial killers and then they did about Ken Paxton this afternokn

Maybe Gohmert or Bush have their attention they don't have the baggage that Paxton does.

Cowards, liars, and hypocrites - every pay one of them.

Paxton is the same man today as he was yesterday and the days, weeks, and months before. They’re fine with what he is, and what he does. They’re lying if they say otherwise. Which is exactly what they’re doing - they’re lying. And they’re republicans. But I repeat myself.
  • Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Cowards, liars, and hypocrites - every pay one of them.

Paxton is the same man today as he was yesterday and the days, weeks, and months before. They’re fine with what he is, and what he does. They’re lying if they say otherwise. Which is exactly what they’re doing - they’re lying. And they’re republicans. But I repeat myself.

They'll bail on Paxton the moment another Republican meets their needs.  And P. Bush and Gohmert can both fill those needs, up to and including sucking off the orange one.

Eva Guzman “outraised” them all in fundraising.  I use quotations cause I don’t know how much TLRPAC singlehandedly gave to her. I’ve only seen one commercial spot for her so far. Paxton has more cash on hand.

Paxton sent out a mailer and chose to go on offense against Gohmert to shore up that crowd of support. He ignored the deadline from Travis County DA over Jan 6th communications.

Gohmert said if he could raise a million in ten days, he would run. He did not accomplish that until the last day of the reporting cycle.

Bush likes 4-wheeling near the border. For a place that’s being invaded and a war zone right now, seems like a weird hobby.

5 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Eva Guzman “outraised” them all in fundraising.

She’s more qualified than Paxton, but that’s an awfully low bar. From an inside source, she’s not dumb, but by far was not the brightest person on the Texas Supreme Court, and is definitely on the cray-cray spectrum. She’d be an improvement over Kenny, but I don’t see the Reds voting for a chic with the last name Guzman. Maybe I’m wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Not a lawyer, but is this just how it works?  You can just tell other officials "no" in a situation like this?

If an office(r) refuses to comply or disclose records, the requestor may sue to test the reasons for noncompliance/disclosure.

Oddly, the requestor may also file a complaint with the Travis County District Attorney, who may also bring suit.

ETA:  on a closer read, in the typical situation, an agency/officer's decision not to comply is reviewed by the Open Records Division of the OAG.  If the AG tells the agency to disclose, and it continues to refuse, then a requestor may file suit, or the AG.

And, that means that a private citizen requesting records has a lawsuit only in pretty limited circumstances that don't seem to apply here.  So it must go through the Travis County DA.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Like 1

On 1/21/2022 at 6:36 PM, Lobo said:

I want to believe.   But in my heart I know it isn't because Ken is evil that they turned their backs.  It's because they are the evil ones, just moving on to whomever the next useful idiot might be the mouthpiece for their authoritarian bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

On 1/21/2022 at 6:36 PM, Lobo said:

Considering that the wife of TPPF's Executive Director is Paxton's Chief of Staff, that must be awkward. 

Were you at the TPPF Policy Orientation?  What happened exactly?