Ken Paxton is dirty? NO FUCKING WAY!

Gil Bang

If you're voting in the runoffs, don't be naive.  Don't waste your vote on a Democrat.  If you voted in the R primary, or didn't vote at all, take an R runoff ballot and vote for Bush for AG.  I know y'all hate him, but a Democrat has no fucking chance in hell in winning a general in 2022.  Maybe 2026.  Maybe Beto's got a chance, who knows?  I wish him well.  But don't fucking burn your fucking vote.  Don't let Paxton win again.  He and Dan Patrick are by far the worst fucking ones.  You know this.  Don't be an idiot.  Unless you voted D primary, vote for Bush.  I know you don't like him and I honestly don't give a shit, but Paxton cannot be allowed to still be our Attorney General.  Even Texas doesn't deserve him.  Please don't be fucking dumb.

On 2/21/2022 at 6:40 PM, HenryJames said:

How does one chop off a vagina?

I seriously doubt any boys or girls private parts have been chopped off anywhere in Texas by any medical doctors.

Just heard on the radio this morning that kids who consider themselves transitioning and get hormone treatment have a 70% lower suicide rate.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 3/4/2022 at 9:18 AM, Lobo said:

If you're voting in the runoffs, don't be naive.  Don't waste your vote on a Democrat.  If you voted in the R primary, or didn't vote at all, take an R runoff ballot and vote for Bush for AG.  I know y'all hate him, but a Democrat has no fucking chance in hell in winning a general in 2022.  Maybe 2026.  Maybe Beto's got a chance, who knows?  I wish him well.  But don't fucking burn your fucking vote.  Don't let Paxton win again.  He and Dan Patrick are by far the worst fucking ones.  You know this.  Don't be an idiot.  Unless you voted D primary, vote for Bush.  I know you don't like him and I honestly don't give a shit, but Paxton cannot be allowed to still be our Attorney General.  Even Texas doesn't deserve him.  Please don't be fucking dumb.

Agree 100%.  Tell your friends.  You do not have to have voted in the R primary to vote in the R runoff.  Anyone who did not vote in the D primary can vote in the R runoff.  That's like 85% of registered Texas voters.  Bush is gonna bush, but let's get this clown out of here. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

The percentage of trans people who "regret" transitioning and decide to de-transition is very small, as is the number of trans people who regret "the surgery" (and again, no children are having any surgeries).

Most of the time, the regret stems from societal prejudice and stigma, not from the actual transition.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

On 3/2/2022 at 10:02 PM, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Pretty good ad.

I'm so tired of the "Dem candidates are jokes" schtick.  Garza or Merritt or Jaworski would all be better a better AG than Bush or Paxton.  I hope whoever wins their runoff will get some serious push from educated people around the state. 

• Hook 'Em 3

On 3/4/2022 at 9:36 AM, High Plains Drifter said:

I seriously doubt any boys or girls private parts have been chopped off anywhere in Texas by any medical doctors.

You could make a argument that circumcision is not medically necessary and could be considered abuse by parents.  Seems like the only reason it is tolerated is because “they won’t remember it”

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

The ignoramuses (ignorami?) might be shocked to know that no appendage is chopped off in MTF gender-affirming surgery. But gotta sensationalize it ya know

An appendage is definitely removed for MtF gender-sitting surgeries... I mean that is kind of the point. And likewise for trans-masculine people. 

But surgery isn't necessary to transition, and children most certainly are NOT having surgeries.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/7/2022 at 1:55 PM, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

The ignoramuses (ignorami?) might be shocked to know that no appendage is chopped off in MTF gender-affirming surgery. But gotta sensationalize it ya know

He doesn't care. Also, Ken is the Texas Marion Barry equivalent.  He's had his bitch set me up moment and Republicans laughed and got in line behind him.    

22 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

I'm so tired of the "Dem candidates are jokes" schtick.  Garza or Merritt or Jaworski would all be better a better AG than Bush or Paxton.  I hope whoever wins their runoff will get some serious push from educated people around the state. 

The educated are outnumbered and gerrymandered out.  The zombies are coming for their brains.  

Ken is literally running for his life.  He fucked up laundering money for some real serious people on the other side of the border he is vowed to protect.  If he's no longer in office, he as six months to get on the run.  And with that gimp eye, he'll just lamb in circles until they cheese him.  

On 3/7/2022 at 3:57 PM, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Hmm. I don't want to get into nitty gritty details but the experience of someone very close to me was they essentially turned everything inside out, using all tissue (apart from the orchiectomy). I thought that was the standard technique. Agree on the larger point here.

Mea culpa, you're absolutely right. Wires in brain got crossed. 

• Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Lobo said:

Ken is literally running for his life.  He fucked up laundering money for some real serious people on the other side of the border he is vowed to protect.  If he's no longer in office, he as six months to get on the run.  And with that gimp eye, he'll just lamb in circles until they cheese him.  

lam

10 minutes ago, Satchel said:

In the bouillabaisse of hatred and bigotry that is the three top elected officials in Texas, Paxton stands out as the most hateful ingredient in that toxic stew:

https://twitter.com/mrsbriggle/status/1496191084472455170?s=20&t=dMH2LvOjOCO9s_Dt2VcoEQ

A baseball bat to his head, might be an improvement 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So let's say you have the opportunity to ask Ken Paxton a question. What question do you ask him? A relative's boss has given my relative the chance to go to some event of his. I doubt the relative will say anything too provocative (the boss has tickets because he's a donor, and I don't see my relative wanting to cause a problem), but they did ask me for my opinion.

So far I have...

"How do you sleep at night?" (But I realized the vile SOB probably sleeps better than anybody I know)

"How are you going to beat Ted Cruz for biggest chode in Texas?"

"What's it like constantly wasting taxpayer money on loser cases that only win you political points with the shittiest Texans?"

"How did it feel standing with those wonderful Patriots as they fought against tyranny on January 6, 2021? You must feel so much pride from being in DC on that beautiful day! Speaking to the crowd, inspiring them moments before they stormed The Capitol to stop the steal?"

Other ideas?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pato del Muerto said:

“I hope you choke to death right in front of me. I will fight people that try to help you, then piss on your rotten corpse before you can even make your way to hell. Could you pass the butter?”

At first I thought it was too on the nose, but then realized, not enough really. 

• 2 weeks later...

Abbott, Patrick, and…Kent Hance filed amicus letters yesterday urging SCOTX to take up Paxton’s challenge to the whistleblower suit. Recall that Hance’s firm made a $25,000 donation to Paxton while it was representing Nate Paul/World Class. 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texas/article/Abbott-Patrick-urge-Texas-Supreme-Court-to-take-17127439.php

• Rage+1 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2022 at 6:58 PM, tchookem said:

So let's say you have the opportunity to ask Ken Paxton a question. What question do you ask him? A relative's boss has given my relative the chance to go to some event of his. I doubt the relative will say anything too provocative (the boss has tickets because he's a donor, and I don't see my relative wanting to cause a problem), but they did ask me for my opinion.

So far I have...

"What's it like constantly wasting taxpayer money on loser cases that only win you political points with the shittiest Texans?"

Other ideas?

This is relevant to the question I left.  But the answer is, "Well, those are the ones that vote for me."

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/05/06/ken-paxton-attorney-general-state-bar-election/?utm_campaign=trib-social&utm_content=1652106782&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

I encourage you to click through.  Texas Tribune is worth it.  He is caught red-handed so he resorts to the insults and lies.

"I have recently learned that the Texas State Bar — which has been waging a months-long witch-hunt against me — now plans to sue me and my top deputy for filing Texas v. Penn: the historic challenge to the unconstitutional 2020 presidential election joined by nearly half of all the states and over a hundred members of Congress," Paxton said in a statement released on social media. "I stand by this lawsuit completely."

In fact, the investigation into Paxton has been pending for months. Last July, a group of 16 lawyers that included four former state bar presidents filed an ethics complaint against Paxton arguing that he demonstrated a pattern of professional misconduct, including his decision to file a federal lawsuit seeking to overturn the 2020 presidential elections in battleground states where former President Donald Trump, a Paxton ally, had lost. The attorneys said the lawsuit was "frivolous" and had been filed without evidence. The U.S. Supreme Court dismissed it, saying Texas had no standing to sue.

"Texas Bar: I’ll see you and the leftists that control you in court," he said. "I’ll never let you bully me, my staff or the Texans I represent into backing down or going soft on defending the Rule of Law — something for which you have little knowledge."

Fucking illiterate flopeyed piece of shit.

38 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

"Texas Bar: I’ll see you and the leftists that control you in court," he said. "I’ll never let you bully me, my staff or the Texans I represent into backing down or going soft on defending the Rule of Law — something for which you have little knowledge."

Fucking illiterate flopeyed piece of shit.

Oh, it gets better.  Did you see how his office announced a grand investigation into the Texas Bar.....Foundation?  You know, the f'n CHARITABLE ARM of the Bar Association?  He claims it's to investigate claims that the Texas Bar Foundation has somehow acted illegally in supporting illegal immigration or somesuch.  It's utter made-up bullshit.  The Foundation issues grants to hundreds of recognized, legal organizations.  I spoilered the full list from last year below.  Not one of those grants is to "Rico's Coyote Services," or anything like that.  There are a few that provide legal services to immigrants -- to which they have a legal right, per the law.  Paxton is awful.  Then, when given the opportunity, he decides to double how awful he is.

The grants for this calendar year (copied from a PDF, sorry about the run-on):

Spoiler

TEXAS BAR FOUNDATION GRANTS AWARDED 2021-2022 AccessHealth $40,000 “MLP Reach ( Medical-Legal Partnership) Outreach” To hire and equip a Community Health Worker to lead initiatives that connect quality legal services to patients with health harming legal needs. ACH Child and Family Services $25,000 “Director and Legal Consultant Salary Support” To provide extensive training to case workers on the court process to improve outcomes for foster children. Alliance for Children $6,000 “Behavioral Characteristics of Sex Offenders Training” To provide “Behavioral Characteristics of Sex Offenders” training to team of multidisciplinary professionals. Alzheimer's Alliance of Northeast Texas, Inc. $11,576 “Dementia Care University - Legal” To provide education to caregivers and persons living with dementia, critical information regarding elder law, Medicaid, financial planning, and elder abuse. Angel Reach $20,000 “Education for All” To fund a learning intervention, diversion program offered for at-risk youth 16-24 who struggle with learning difficulties. Austin Classical Guitar $5,000 “Guitar Education in the Texas Juvenile Justice System” To support daily guitar classes in 4 Texas juvenile justice facilities, which are the only fully accredited arts programs for incarcerated youth in the state. Austin Groups for the Elderly DBA AGE of Central Texas $6,000 “She Thrives: The Art of Aging Summit” To provide women with the legal resources, information, and community they need to thrive as they age and caregive. Awaaz.org $21,500 “Educating and Empowering the community to support Domestic Violence victims” To Increase outreach and educate South Asian communities on legal rights, responsibilities of Domestic violence victims, survivors. Baylor University School of Law $6,500 “Baylor Law Mental Health & Wellness Initiative” To fund a mental health and wellness program that will support and encourage law students to take care of themselves so they can serve others. Cactus Nazarene Ministry Center $30,000 “Give them a Voice through Legal Services” To support a new legal program to increase self-sufficiency among the vulnerable immigrant and refugee population. Café Momentum $10,000 “Café Momentum Internship Program in the COVID-19 Era and Post COVID-19” To assist justice-involved youth with workforce development Intern wages, a home school program & education initiatives to combat pandemic-related economic losses. CASA of Galveston County $2,500 “Youth Advocacy and Rights” To support efforts to engage youth exiting care through educating them on their rights, future planning, and identifying external supports that promote independence. CASA of McLennan County $5,000 “Closing the Gap for Children in Foster Care” To implement a strategic marketing campaign to increase diversity for CASA volunteers and reduce the number of children in foster care without a volunteer advocate. CASA of SoutheastTexas $20,000 “Continued Expansion of Advocacy Services for Vulnerable Children” To assist with funding an additional CASA Volunteer Coordinator to serve the rising caseload of more abused and neglected children in Jefferson County. Catholic Charities of Central Texas $20,000 “Expanding Legal Access for Immigrants” To add one full-time immigration attorney to represent 125 more clients annually, decrease client wait times, and leverage technology to improve our client user experience. Catholic Charities of the Texas Panhandle $20,000 “Pro Bono, legal services, and fees for the underserved in Amarillo and Panhandle” To provide legal and pro bono services to under-served immigrants and refugees in Amarillo, Texas and the Texas Panhandle. Center Against Sexual and Family Violence $5,000 “Outreach & Legal Advocacy for Victims of Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence” To provide victims with education sessions on victim rights, information on VAWAUVISA immigration process, court accompaniment and legal and immigration advocacy. Center for Child Protection $7,500 “Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Youth Initiative” To partially fund the salary of the Coordination Manager in efforts related to Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Youth initiative. Children 4 Tomorrow $11,490 “Technology Expansion, Training and Redirecting Project” To Provide training in support of a virtual telehealth HIPPA compliance system,with privacy protection & technology expansion to support child abuse victims and family. Children's Advocacy Center of Greater West Texas, Inc. $8,500 “Equipping Hope House to Bring Justice for Child Abuse/Neglect Victims” To fund specialized software and equipment for the multidisciplinary team to investigate child abuse or neglect and advocate for victims. Children's Advocacy Center of Smith County $22,000 “Community Education Presenter” To provide for an additional community education presenter to speak in schools, helping children recognize, report and resist abuse. ChildSafe $10,000 “Put Cardboard Kids in 15 Schools: Break the Silence, End Child Abuse” To expand the Cardboard Kids campaign into 10 schools to ensure 3,500 children can recognize and report child abuse. City of El Paso Municipal Court $4,350 “Municipal Court Teen Court Training” To provide funds for a Teen Court program run for and by teens who are trained in the roles of the Court personnel. Communities in Schools Houston, Inc. $10,560 “HBA/CIS Summer Legal Internship Program” To provide stipends for high school students to serve as interns for the Harris County Courthouse/ District Attorney's Office in Summer 2022. Community Christian Legal Aid $10,000 “Paralegal Support Project” To fund a part-time experienced paralegal to support volunteer attorneys who agree to represent our income-constrained clients. Conference on Crimes Against Women, Inc. $5,000 “17th Annual CCAW Under-resourced Legal Scholarship Program” To provide scholarships to under-resourced Texas prosecutors and legal professionals for the most relevant training to support, investigate and prosecute crimes against women. County of Hidalgo $25,000 “Project Recover” To allow court appointed adults between the ages of 17-25 to obtain a high school diploma or GED even though they have had an altercation with the law. Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Denton County, Inc. $3,500 “Technology replacement project” To purchase office computer equipment. Dallas Children's Advocacy Center $15,000 “Forensic Interviewer Salary Support” To provide salary support for DCAC staff who provide services through the Forensic Interview program to ensure the healing and safety of severely abused children. Dallas County/Dallas County District Attorney's Office $10,750 “Transportation Access for Youthful Offenders” To help close short-term transportation gaps for individuals assigned to the AIM Drug Court. Denton County Friends of the Family, Inc. $15,000 “Legal Services and Advocacy for Victims of Intimate Partner Violence (IPV)” To provide for the legal advocacy and representation needs of impoverished victims of intimate partner violence. Denton County Lawyers Foundation $37,500 “Supervised Visitation and Exchange Program” To cover start up costs for the program, including security systems, computers, printers, age appropriate activities, and furnishings to create an "at home feeling". Diocesan Migrant and Refugee Services, Inc. $9,560 “DMRS Language Interpretation” To provide the support necessary to communicate with immigrants in the state of Texas who speak neither English nor Spanish. DOORS $15,000 “Client Peer Mentoring Program” To expand the existing Client Peer Mentoring Program. Experiential Education Department-Thurgood Marshall School of Law $20,000 “Staff Attorney and Office Equipment Initiative” To hire a staff attorney whose sole responsibility will be to assist in the review, adjudication, and summer semester management of cases. Family Services of Southeast Texas, Inc. $15,000 “Legal Advocacy Project” To provide legal services performed by licensed attorneys on behalf of victims needing protective orders. Frazier Revitalization, Inc. $12,000 “Technology for Community Law Center” To provide updated technology needed for the Community Lawyering Center benefiting the clients in the way of economic development, safety and job creation. Friends of the Mason County Courthouse $50,000 “Rebuild our Courthouse” To contribute to the restoration of the historical Mason County Courthouse which was destroyed by fire on February 4, 2021, as a result of arson. Galveston-Houston Immigrant Representation Project $10,000 “Survivors of Crime & Human Trafficking Program (“SCP”) for Galveston-Houston” To provide Galveston and Houston immigrant survivors with comprehensive, traumainformed legal services so they can achieve safety and stability. Genesis Women's Shelter & Support $5,000 “Client Legal Assistance Program” To provide pro bono legal counseling to clients undergoing legal battles, including but not limited to protective orders, divorce settlements, and custody battles. Girls Empowerment Network $7,500 “Girl Connect Referral (formerly the 180 Program) Expansion to Bexar County” To support the expansion into Bexar County of the Girl Connect Referral program for girls who are high risk of entering the juvenile justice system. Girls' Haven, Inc. $16,285 “Supervised Independent Living Program” To aid in the rent of an apartment for our Supervised Independent Living Program for a year. Guardianship Services, Inc. $10,000 “Attorney Leadership & Case Manager for Financial Exploitation Prevention Center” To support a new case manager for the Financial Exploitation Prevention Center. Harris County Domestic Relations Office $25,000 “Self-Represented Services for the Harris County Family Courts” To support the Office's Legal Services Division in providing self-represented services for parties with actions pending in Harris County Family District Courts. Heartisans Marketplace $27,000 “Part-Time Assistant Program Director” To provide funding for a part-time assistant program director. Hopes Door DBA Hope's Door New Beginning Center $7,500 “Legal Services for Victims of Domestic Violence” To provide legal advice and court representation to victims of domestic violence in matters most relevant to these survivors. Juliette Fowler Communities $5,000 “The Ebby House” To provide legal support for young women who have experienced foster care or are at risk of homelessness due to neglect, abuse or abandonment. Justice Forward $15,000 “Growing Justice: Expansion into Galveston County” To assist clients and graduates from Galveston County Specialty Courts restart their lives successfully in the community and avoid reincarceration. Kidsave International $17,300 “Weekend Miracles Model Outreach to Texas Child Welfare Stakeholders” To inform child welfare legal professionals and stakeholders about Kidsave’s host family visit model as a solution to Texas’s foster care capacity crisis for older youth in care. Lone Star Justice Alliance $15,000 “Juvenile Sentencing Project / Survivors' Project” To provide free legal assistance and peer support to survivors of human trafficking and domestic violence seeking clemency for crimes directly tied to their own victimization. Matagorda County Women's Crisis Center, Inc. $16,000 “Rural Legal Services” To fund a paralegal to assist with drafting documents, filing court documents, providing support to clients and attorney, and accompaniment. ME3LJ Center $8,000 “IRON Sharpens IRON RETRO” To provide salaries of interns to expand outreach and services to the public. Memorial Assistance Ministries $9,900 “USCIS Filing Fees for Low-Income DACA Recipients” To assist young low-income immigrants in obtaining or continuing their work authorization through Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). HAY Center Foundation $20,000 “HAY Center Legal Navigation Assistance Pilot” To provide legal navigation services to young adults who have aged out of the foster care system in order for them to finalize pending legal issues. His Fathers Heart Ministries $3,500 “Women's Life Groups; Journey to Recovery” To provide a recovery-based framework for women to cease trauma-based living in order to make decisions based on personal value. Human Rights Initiative of North Texas, Inc. $20,000 “Critical Support for Pro Bono Representation of Humanitarian Migrants” To provide funding for staff and ancillary services to support pro bono attorneys. Law Focused Education, Inc. $25,000 “Legal Beagle” To provide funding for the creation of a children’s book which explores becoming an attorney, the types of attorney practices, and their role in the judicial system. Longview Teen Court, Inc. $22,000 “Student Attorney Training Program” To provide aspiring student attorneys with the opportunity to learn about the criminal justice system through actual attorney client interactions in a court room setting. Methodist Justice Ministry $15,000 “Court Filing Fees for Indigent Women and Children who are DMV” To pay for court cost to free women and children from abuse and neglect. Metroplex Military Charitable Trust $22,000 “Metroplex Veterans Legal Services” To provide legal clinics to remove the legal barriers to employment for Veterans (including racial injustice) and assisting disabled Veterans obtain military/VA disability benefits. Mosaic Family Services $5,000 “Multicultural Legal Services Program” To provide direct legal representation and legal advocacy for victims of abuse. New Friends New Life $10,000 “Legal Advocacy for Trafficking Survivors” To assist with fees associated with clearing criminal histories and other legal costs for trafficking survivors. One Heart Project $12,000 “One Heart Project Southern Region” To focus on restorative justice education by strengthening life skills, lowering the recidivism rate and enhancing job skills. One Voice Home $15,179 “Serving survivors of sex trafficking through expansion, growth, and training” To provide trauma informed spaces for survivors of sex trafficking to experience healing. Safer Path Family Violence Shelter $5,000 “Legal Counsel for Rural Domestic Violence Victims” To provide legal representation for domestic violence victims in a rural area with high poverty, removing a major barrier to long-term security and survivor success. San Antonio Metropolitan Ministry, Inc. (dba SAMMinistries) $17,500 “Legal Expense Fund for People Experiencing Homelessness” To establish a legal expense fund to support people experiencing housing instability and receiving assistance from SAMMinistries. Sistema Infantil TeletonUSA DBA Children's Rehabilitation Institute TeletonUSA $7,500 “Advice And Assistance To Immigrant Families Including Members With Special Needs” To provide Legal Services for Immigrant Families with a child with a disability, including legal consultation fees, filing fees, and expenses that are necessary for legal status. South Texas College of Law Houston $25,000 “Public Interest Law Pipeline” To provide stipends to Qualified Unlicensed Law School Graduates to assist tenants in the housing stability clinics and eviction defense in the Harris County Justice Courts. State Bar of Texas Legal Services Office $20,000 “Access to Justice Intern Program” To provide scholarships for Access to Justice Interns. Tahirih Justice Center $20,000 “Providing Legal Services to Immigrant Survivors of Violence in Fort Bend County” To deliver free, holistic, trauma-informed legal services to immigrant survivors of violence in Fort Bend County. Texas Advocacy Project, Inc. $23,060 “Rapid Response for Survivors in Crisis” To address the surge in calls received due to the “double pandemic” and ensure survivors receive a rapid response to connect them with free legal services. Texas Appleseed $10,000 “User Testing to Improve Accessibility of Debt Collection Materials” To conduct user testing so that English and Spanish-speaking Texans understand the resources that can help them navigate the debt collection process. Texas A&M University School of Law $15,000 “The Legal Wellness Justice Project” To develop legal risk management tools and training for lawyers to proactively assess and diagnose legal needs of underserved individuals in Texas. Texas Center for the Judiciary, Inc. $30,000 “2022 Annual Judicial Education Conference - Texas Bar Foundation Day” To further judicial expertise, provide a safe environment to exchange ideas, and offer an opportunity for collegiality among the judiciary and its partners. Texas Fair Defense Project $7,500 “Pro Bono Program Service and Area Expansion” To expand pro-bono program statewide to begin record clearing services, and transition to sustained hybrid and face-to-face models. Texas Muslim Women's Foundation, Inc. $15,000 “Legal Services for Underserved Survivors of Domestic Violence” To provide culturally sensitive, trauma-informed legal services in domestic violence survivors' native languages. 60% of clients don't speak English as a primary language. Texas Young Lawyers Association $45,000 “How Texas Courts Work” To create a multimedia website that educates students, the media, and the general public about the Texas court system. The Beacon $7,787 “Record Sealing Clinics with Pro Bono Support” To provide funding for quarterly drafting clinics tailored to engage pro bono attorneys in record sealing case work. The Council on Recovery $15,000 “Discovering Choices Outpatient Treatment Program” To provide comprehensive, intensive outpatient treatment to adults with limited financial resources who are involved in the justice system. Transformative Justice of Williamson County $15,000 “Wilco Transformative Justice: Rise Up” To partially support additional case workers and counselor to serve more young offenders. VECINA $25,000 “Afghan Affirmative Asylum Project” To recruit, train and mentor pro bono attorneys representing Afghan nationals in affirmative asylum proceedings in Texas. West Texas Community Mediation Center $4,000 “Attendance/Truancy Mediation Program” To assist in reducing the school attrition rate, and provide funding for the initial setup and training fees. YMCA of Austin $5,000 “YMCA Texas Youth and Government State Conference Reignited” To help purchase new technology for online scoring implemented during virtual conference.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

14 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh, it gets better.  Did you see how his office announced a grand investigation into the Texas Bar.....Foundation?  You know, the f'n CHARITABLE ARM of the Bar Association?  He claims it's to investigate claims that the Texas Bar Foundation has somehow acted illegally in supporting illegal immigration or somesuch.  It's utter made-up bullshit.  The Foundation issues grants to hundreds of recognized, legal organizations.  I spoilered the full list from last year below.  Not one of those grants is to "Rico's Coyote Services," or anything like that.  There are a few that provide legal services to immigrants -- to which they have a legal right, per the law.  Paxton is awful.  Then, when given the opportunity, he decides to double how awful he is.

Reveal hidden contents

TEXAS BAR FOUNDATION GRANTS AWARDED 2021-2022 AccessHealth $40,000 “MLP Reach ( Medical-Legal Partnership) Outreach” To hire and equip a Community Health Worker to lead initiatives that connect quality legal services to patients with health harming legal needs. ACH Child and Family Services $25,000 “Director and Legal Consultant Salary Support” To provide extensive training to case workers on the court process to improve outcomes for foster children. Alliance for Children $6,000 “Behavioral Characteristics of Sex Offenders Training” To provide “Behavioral Characteristics of Sex Offenders” training to team of multidisciplinary professionals. Alzheimer's Alliance of Northeast Texas, Inc. $11,576 “Dementia Care University - Legal” To provide education to caregivers and persons living with dementia, critical information regarding elder law, Medicaid, financial planning, and elder abuse. Angel Reach $20,000 “Education for All” To fund a learning intervention, diversion program offered for at-risk youth 16-24 who struggle with learning difficulties. Austin Classical Guitar $5,000 “Guitar Education in the Texas Juvenile Justice System” To support daily guitar classes in 4 Texas juvenile justice facilities, which are the only fully accredited arts programs for incarcerated youth in the state. Austin Groups for the Elderly DBA AGE of Central Texas $6,000 “She Thrives: The Art of Aging Summit” To provide women with the legal resources, information, and community they need to thrive as they age and caregive. Awaaz.org $21,500 “Educating and Empowering the community to support Domestic Violence victims” To Increase outreach and educate South Asian communities on legal rights, responsibilities of Domestic violence victims, survivors. Baylor University School of Law $6,500 “Baylor Law Mental Health & Wellness Initiative” To fund a mental health and wellness program that will support and encourage law students to take care of themselves so they can serve others. Cactus Nazarene Ministry Center $30,000 “Give them a Voice through Legal Services” To support a new legal program to increase self-sufficiency among the vulnerable immigrant and refugee population. Café Momentum $10,000 “Café Momentum Internship Program in the COVID-19 Era and Post COVID-19” To assist justice-involved youth with workforce development Intern wages, a home school program & education initiatives to combat pandemic-related economic losses. CASA of Galveston County $2,500 “Youth Advocacy and Rights” To support efforts to engage youth exiting care through educating them on their rights, future planning, and identifying external supports that promote independence. CASA of McLennan County $5,000 “Closing the Gap for Children in Foster Care” To implement a strategic marketing campaign to increase diversity for CASA volunteers and reduce the number of children in foster care without a volunteer advocate. CASA of SoutheastTexas $20,000 “Continued Expansion of Advocacy Services for Vulnerable Children” To assist with funding an additional CASA Volunteer Coordinator to serve the rising caseload of more abused and neglected children in Jefferson County. Catholic Charities of Central Texas $20,000 “Expanding Legal Access for Immigrants” To add one full-time immigration attorney to represent 125 more clients annually, decrease client wait times, and leverage technology to improve our client user experience. Catholic Charities of the Texas Panhandle $20,000 “Pro Bono, legal services, and fees for the underserved in Amarillo and Panhandle” To provide legal and pro bono services to under-served immigrants and refugees in Amarillo, Texas and the Texas Panhandle. Center Against Sexual and Family Violence $5,000 “Outreach & Legal Advocacy for Victims of Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence” To provide victims with education sessions on victim rights, information on VAWAUVISA immigration process, court accompaniment and legal and immigration advocacy. Center for Child Protection $7,500 “Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Youth Initiative” To partially fund the salary of the Coordination Manager in efforts related to Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Youth initiative. Children 4 Tomorrow $11,490 “Technology Expansion, Training and Redirecting Project” To Provide training in support of a virtual telehealth HIPPA compliance system,with privacy protection & technology expansion to support child abuse victims and family. Children's Advocacy Center of Greater West Texas, Inc. $8,500 “Equipping Hope House to Bring Justice for Child Abuse/Neglect Victims” To fund specialized software and equipment for the multidisciplinary team to investigate child abuse or neglect and advocate for victims. Children's Advocacy Center of Smith County $22,000 “Community Education Presenter” To provide for an additional community education presenter to speak in schools, helping children recognize, report and resist abuse. ChildSafe $10,000 “Put Cardboard Kids in 15 Schools: Break the Silence, End Child Abuse” To expand the Cardboard Kids campaign into 10 schools to ensure 3,500 children can recognize and report child abuse. City of El Paso Municipal Court $4,350 “Municipal Court Teen Court Training” To provide funds for a Teen Court program run for and by teens who are trained in the roles of the Court personnel. Communities in Schools Houston, Inc. $10,560 “HBA/CIS Summer Legal Internship Program” To provide stipends for high school students to serve as interns for the Harris County Courthouse/ District Attorney's Office in Summer 2022. Community Christian Legal Aid $10,000 “Paralegal Support Project” To fund a part-time experienced paralegal to support volunteer attorneys who agree to represent our income-constrained clients. Conference on Crimes Against Women, Inc. $5,000 “17th Annual CCAW Under-resourced Legal Scholarship Program” To provide scholarships to under-resourced Texas prosecutors and legal professionals for the most relevant training to support, investigate and prosecute crimes against women. County of Hidalgo $25,000 “Project Recover” To allow court appointed adults between the ages of 17-25 to obtain a high school diploma or GED even though they have had an altercation with the law. Court Appointed Special Advocates (CASA) of Denton County, Inc. $3,500 “Technology replacement project” To purchase office computer equipment. Dallas Children's Advocacy Center $15,000 “Forensic Interviewer Salary Support” To provide salary support for DCAC staff who provide services through the Forensic Interview program to ensure the healing and safety of severely abused children. Dallas County/Dallas County District Attorney's Office $10,750 “Transportation Access for Youthful Offenders” To help close short-term transportation gaps for individuals assigned to the AIM Drug Court. Denton County Friends of the Family, Inc. $15,000 “Legal Services and Advocacy for Victims of Intimate Partner Violence (IPV)” To provide for the legal advocacy and representation needs of impoverished victims of intimate partner violence. Denton County Lawyers Foundation $37,500 “Supervised Visitation and Exchange Program” To cover start up costs for the program, including security systems, computers, printers, age appropriate activities, and furnishings to create an "at home feeling". Diocesan Migrant and Refugee Services, Inc. $9,560 “DMRS Language Interpretation” To provide the support necessary to communicate with immigrants in the state of Texas who speak neither English nor Spanish. DOORS $15,000 “Client Peer Mentoring Program” To expand the existing Client Peer Mentoring Program. Experiential Education Department-Thurgood Marshall School of Law $20,000 “Staff Attorney and Office Equipment Initiative” To hire a staff attorney whose sole responsibility will be to assist in the review, adjudication, and summer semester management of cases. Family Services of Southeast Texas, Inc. $15,000 “Legal Advocacy Project” To provide legal services performed by licensed attorneys on behalf of victims needing protective orders. Frazier Revitalization, Inc. $12,000 “Technology for Community Law Center” To provide updated technology needed for the Community Lawyering Center benefiting the clients in the way of economic development, safety and job creation. Friends of the Mason County Courthouse $50,000 “Rebuild our Courthouse” To contribute to the restoration of the historical Mason County Courthouse which was destroyed by fire on February 4, 2021, as a result of arson. Galveston-Houston Immigrant Representation Project $10,000 “Survivors of Crime & Human Trafficking Program (“SCP”) for Galveston-Houston” To provide Galveston and Houston immigrant survivors with comprehensive, traumainformed legal services so they can achieve safety and stability. Genesis Women's Shelter & Support $5,000 “Client Legal Assistance Program” To provide pro bono legal counseling to clients undergoing legal battles, including but not limited to protective orders, divorce settlements, and custody battles. Girls Empowerment Network $7,500 “Girl Connect Referral (formerly the 180 Program) Expansion to Bexar County” To support the expansion into Bexar County of the Girl Connect Referral program for girls who are high risk of entering the juvenile justice system. Girls' Haven, Inc. $16,285 “Supervised Independent Living Program” To aid in the rent of an apartment for our Supervised Independent Living Program for a year. Guardianship Services, Inc. $10,000 “Attorney Leadership & Case Manager for Financial Exploitation Prevention Center” To support a new case manager for the Financial Exploitation Prevention Center. Harris County Domestic Relations Office $25,000 “Self-Represented Services for the Harris County Family Courts” To support the Office's Legal Services Division in providing self-represented services for parties with actions pending in Harris County Family District Courts. Heartisans Marketplace $27,000 “Part-Time Assistant Program Director” To provide funding for a part-time assistant program director. Hopes Door DBA Hope's Door New Beginning Center $7,500 “Legal Services for Victims of Domestic Violence” To provide legal advice and court representation to victims of domestic violence in matters most relevant to these survivors. Juliette Fowler Communities $5,000 “The Ebby House” To provide legal support for young women who have experienced foster care or are at risk of homelessness due to neglect, abuse or abandonment. Justice Forward $15,000 “Growing Justice: Expansion into Galveston County” To assist clients and graduates from Galveston County Specialty Courts restart their lives successfully in the community and avoid reincarceration. Kidsave International $17,300 “Weekend Miracles Model Outreach to Texas Child Welfare Stakeholders” To inform child welfare legal professionals and stakeholders about Kidsave’s host family visit model as a solution to Texas’s foster care capacity crisis for older youth in care. Lone Star Justice Alliance $15,000 “Juvenile Sentencing Project / Survivors' Project” To provide free legal assistance and peer support to survivors of human trafficking and domestic violence seeking clemency for crimes directly tied to their own victimization. Matagorda County Women's Crisis Center, Inc. $16,000 “Rural Legal Services” To fund a paralegal to assist with drafting documents, filing court documents, providing support to clients and attorney, and accompaniment. ME3LJ Center $8,000 “IRON Sharpens IRON RETRO” To provide salaries of interns to expand outreach and services to the public. Memorial Assistance Ministries $9,900 “USCIS Filing Fees for Low-Income DACA Recipients” To assist young low-income immigrants in obtaining or continuing their work authorization through Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA). HAY Center Foundation $20,000 “HAY Center Legal Navigation Assistance Pilot” To provide legal navigation services to young adults who have aged out of the foster care system in order for them to finalize pending legal issues. His Fathers Heart Ministries $3,500 “Women's Life Groups; Journey to Recovery” To provide a recovery-based framework for women to cease trauma-based living in order to make decisions based on personal value. Human Rights Initiative of North Texas, Inc. $20,000 “Critical Support for Pro Bono Representation of Humanitarian Migrants” To provide funding for staff and ancillary services to support pro bono attorneys. Law Focused Education, Inc. $25,000 “Legal Beagle” To provide funding for the creation of a children’s book which explores becoming an attorney, the types of attorney practices, and their role in the judicial system. Longview Teen Court, Inc. $22,000 “Student Attorney Training Program” To provide aspiring student attorneys with the opportunity to learn about the criminal justice system through actual attorney client interactions in a court room setting. Methodist Justice Ministry $15,000 “Court Filing Fees for Indigent Women and Children who are DMV” To pay for court cost to free women and children from abuse and neglect. Metroplex Military Charitable Trust $22,000 “Metroplex Veterans Legal Services” To provide legal clinics to remove the legal barriers to employment for Veterans (including racial injustice) and assisting disabled Veterans obtain military/VA disability benefits. Mosaic Family Services $5,000 “Multicultural Legal Services Program” To provide direct legal representation and legal advocacy for victims of abuse. New Friends New Life $10,000 “Legal Advocacy for Trafficking Survivors” To assist with fees associated with clearing criminal histories and other legal costs for trafficking survivors. One Heart Project $12,000 “One Heart Project Southern Region” To focus on restorative justice education by strengthening life skills, lowering the recidivism rate and enhancing job skills. One Voice Home $15,179 “Serving survivors of sex trafficking through expansion, growth, and training” To provide trauma informed spaces for survivors of sex trafficking to experience healing. Safer Path Family Violence Shelter $5,000 “Legal Counsel for Rural Domestic Violence Victims” To provide legal representation for domestic violence victims in a rural area with high poverty, removing a major barrier to long-term security and survivor success. San Antonio Metropolitan Ministry, Inc. (dba SAMMinistries) $17,500 “Legal Expense Fund for People Experiencing Homelessness” To establish a legal expense fund to support people experiencing housing instability and receiving assistance from SAMMinistries. Sistema Infantil TeletonUSA DBA Children's Rehabilitation Institute TeletonUSA $7,500 “Advice And Assistance To Immigrant Families Including Members With Special Needs” To provide Legal Services for Immigrant Families with a child with a disability, including legal consultation fees, filing fees, and expenses that are necessary for legal status. South Texas College of Law Houston $25,000 “Public Interest Law Pipeline” To provide stipends to Qualified Unlicensed Law School Graduates to assist tenants in the housing stability clinics and eviction defense in the Harris County Justice Courts. State Bar of Texas Legal Services Office $20,000 “Access to Justice Intern Program” To provide scholarships for Access to Justice Interns. Tahirih Justice Center $20,000 “Providing Legal Services to Immigrant Survivors of Violence in Fort Bend County” To deliver free, holistic, trauma-informed legal services to immigrant survivors of violence in Fort Bend County. Texas Advocacy Project, Inc. $23,060 “Rapid Response for Survivors in Crisis” To address the surge in calls received due to the “double pandemic” and ensure survivors receive a rapid response to connect them with free legal services. Texas Appleseed $10,000 “User Testing to Improve Accessibility of Debt Collection Materials” To conduct user testing so that English and Spanish-speaking Texans understand the resources that can help them navigate the debt collection process. Texas A&M University School of Law $15,000 “The Legal Wellness Justice Project” To develop legal risk management tools and training for lawyers to proactively assess and diagnose legal needs of underserved individuals in Texas. Texas Center for the Judiciary, Inc. $30,000 “2022 Annual Judicial Education Conference - Texas Bar Foundation Day” To further judicial expertise, provide a safe environment to exchange ideas, and offer an opportunity for collegiality among the judiciary and its partners. Texas Fair Defense Project $7,500 “Pro Bono Program Service and Area Expansion” To expand pro-bono program statewide to begin record clearing services, and transition to sustained hybrid and face-to-face models. Texas Muslim Women's Foundation, Inc. $15,000 “Legal Services for Underserved Survivors of Domestic Violence” To provide culturally sensitive, trauma-informed legal services in domestic violence survivors' native languages. 60% of clients don't speak English as a primary language. Texas Young Lawyers Association $45,000 “How Texas Courts Work” To create a multimedia website that educates students, the media, and the general public about the Texas court system. The Beacon $7,787 “Record Sealing Clinics with Pro Bono Support” To provide funding for quarterly drafting clinics tailored to engage pro bono attorneys in record sealing case work. The Council on Recovery $15,000 “Discovering Choices Outpatient Treatment Program” To provide comprehensive, intensive outpatient treatment to adults with limited financial resources who are involved in the justice system. Transformative Justice of Williamson County $15,000 “Wilco Transformative Justice: Rise Up” To partially support additional case workers and counselor to serve more young offenders. VECINA $25,000 “Afghan Affirmative Asylum Project” To recruit, train and mentor pro bono attorneys representing Afghan nationals in affirmative asylum proceedings in Texas. West Texas Community Mediation Center $4,000 “Attendance/Truancy Mediation Program” To assist in reducing the school attrition rate, and provide funding for the initial setup and training fees. YMCA of Austin $5,000 “YMCA Texas Youth and Government State Conference Reignited” To help purchase new technology for online scoring implemented during virtual conference.

Yeah, his "investigation" into the Texas Bar Foundation (of which I am a fellow and donor) is pretty fucking infuriating.  What a petty fucking weasel. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Hide contents

whole lotta liberal tears in that list.

8 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

There will be zero repurcussions.

Repercussions?  Shit, he'll be REWARDED.  This state is lurching as hard as it can towards autocratic insanity, and thus far, it's the right political move: their base eats it up.

48 minutes ago, NameAlreadyInUse said:

Quid pro quo retaliation is illegal when people do it in the workplace.  Why isn't it illegal when politicians do it?

Because liberal tears trump actual crimes committed.  The Republican mantra when busted is now the Libs are out to get me.  My hope is that anybody getting pulled over or arrested today utters those same words so Americans can automatically link that phrase to law breakers.