Ken Paxton is dirty? NO FUCKING WAY!

Gil Bang

17 hours ago, Biff Tannen said:

Just catching up here, but he's getting off with a 300k fine and community service?  Really?  After almost a decade of indictments?  This...does not bode well for anything in our justice system.

the fact he didn't have to enter a guilty or even nolo contendere plea to get this sweet deal makes my blood boil.

Now he’s looking for a link between Boeing’s quality problems and diversity. As he becomes more popular by the day in Texas, he is without a doubt the most loathsome AG in America:

DALLAS (AP) — The Texas attorney general has opened an investigation into a key Boeing supplier that is already facing scrutiny from federal regulators over quality of parts that it provides to the aircraft maker.

The office of Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton said it began looking into Spirit AeroSystems because of “apparent manufacturing defects” in parts that “have led to numerous concerning or dangerous incidents.”

In a statement Friday, a Spirit spokesman said, “While we do not comment on investigations, Spirit is wholly focused on providing the highest quality products to all our customers, to include the Boeing Company.”

Paxton asked the Wichita, Kansas-based supplier to turn over documents produced since the start of 2022 about communication with investors and Boeing about flaws in parts and corrective steps the company took.

The request goes into detail in seeking internal discussions around Spirit’s efforts to create a diverse workforce “and whether those commitments are unlawful or are compromising the company’s manufacturing processes.” Paxton asked for a breakdown of Spirit's workforce by race, sexual orientation and other factors, and whether the makeup has changed over time

Lmao I remember when Ken got off on his impeachment, the "trust the system" people kept chiding the thread that Ken still had his federal charges looming over him.

Why do we even have laws? (Rhetorical)

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

On 3/26/2024 at 6:28 PM, YGIFS said:

Oh ye of little faiths.  Or yees.  Plural?  Yees?  Yeets?  Dammit, I had something for this.  He'll wreak more havoc.  As you've noticed he's been on a particularly wild bender as of late, even for him.  With regard to lawsuits and claims and suits and general buffoonery.  And yes, we are absolutely stuck with him for several years and he may even run for an even higher office.  And he'll probably win it.  But I promise you with 95% certainty...they are coming for him once he leaves office.  The people he crossed live to right the wrongs done against them.  His only recourse is to remain in public office because they don't target elected officials, particularly those in law enforcement. It won't be this cycle, or even the next.  And he'll visit much hatred and pain onto the people of Texas.  But take some solace in the fact that they will implement horrific suffering to him.  His last days will be some of the worst days of any human being in history has ever experienced.  He is a cornered rat and we'll have to live with him for awhile.  But eventually, he's going to get caught in a trap.  And that trap is a week-long 'experiment' in suffering. 

What is this cartel stuff? I always see you alluding to it, but I don't know if you ever laid out the connection. 

Is he somehow our states' most loathsome political figure? There are soooo many to choose from, hard to pick just one.

9 minutes ago, Satchel said:

The request goes into detail in seeking internal discussions around Spirit’s efforts to create a diverse workforce “and whether those commitments are unlawful or are compromising the company’s manufacturing processes.” Paxton asked for a breakdown of Spirit's workforce by race, sexual orientation and other factors, and whether the makeup has changed over time

racist comedy central GIF

lisa kudrow man GIF by The Comeback HBO

Seriously, Paxton now has no constraints.  Expect him to go after the demographic records of any company he doesn't like or thinks will win him brownie points with MAGA.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, safe sex said:

Lmao I remember when Ken got off on his impeachment, the "trust the system" people kept chiding the thread that Ken still had his federal charges looming over him.

He's going to hard in hopes that Trump keeps noticing him and that, if somehow Trump won, Trump will protect him.

Trump won't win, but if he did, he'd absolutely elevate Paxton and get the federal stuff shut down.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, safe sex said:

To be honest, these charges were kinda chickenshit from the get go. The SEC declined to charge him criminally and Texas rarely charges these kinds of things. 

While it is quite amazing how he was able to delay the case, it is also somewhat amazing that he was charged in the first place and pursued for so long. The fact that the special prosecutor was getting paid (admittedly a pittance) may have had something to do with it. 

• Like 1

On 3/26/2024 at 6:56 PM, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Ok sure, but my comment was personal to him. I have quite a bit of familiarity with the guy and he's a certain... strain... of defense attorney. The kind that quotes Shakespeare in his briefs, name-drops continually, and dances up to the edge of outright misrepresentations to the court 

On 3/26/2024 at 4:32 PM, Satchel said:

Pay attention, little people. The system is the solution…for the rich and powerful

Wice seems to get quite a few of these special prosecutor gigs and for some reason unauthorized practice of law cases. 

Any insight into that? lockquote widget

Edited by TwiceHorn