Ken Paxton is dirty? NO FUCKING WAY!

Gil Bang

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politics/texas/article/AG-Ken-Paxton-property-address-ethics-17179968.php

AG Ken Paxton refuses to disclose his property addresses to the Texas Ethics Commission

The state police made him do it.

That’s the excuse Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton gives on his Texas ethics disclosures in place of revealing, as required by law, the addresses of properties he owns in Austin and College Station.

“Redacted for security purposes on request of TX DPS,” the second-term Republican has written on every disclosure form since he began work as attorney general.

Get an Entire 6 Months of Digital Access for Only 99¢
ACT NOWThere are two problems with that statement: Nothing in the law allows him to refuse to provide the addresses, and none of the parties involved — the Department of Public Safety, Texas Ethics Commission or even Paxton’s own office — could produce any records proving such a request was ever made.

“The department doesn’t have any record of making that request,” DPS spokesman Travis Considine said.

An attorney general’s office spokesman and Paxton’s campaign spokeswoman did not respond to requests for comment. State Sen. Angela Paxton, his wife, who has included the same message on her own reports, also could not be reached.

The ethics commission is barred from releasing the Paxtons' home address in McKinney to the public. He provides that address to the agency annually. It’s unclear, however, why the Paxtons wouldn’t disclose the addresses of their other properties.

The agency, which enforces campaign finance and political ethics laws, keeps the information on file to ensure transparency for voters and guard against conflicts of interest. The Paxtons did include the properties’ counties, zip codes and acreage on the paperwork.

One of the unknown addresses is likely that of an Austin home that the attorney general's former aides claim was remodeled by Nate Paul, one of the various perks they said Paxton received in exchange for using his office to benefit Paul, a wealthy investor and campaign donor.

The home, in the Tarrytown neighborhood of Austin, was purchased by the Paxtons in 2018, county records show. Its appraised value in 2022 was nearly $1.7 million.

• Rage+1 1

I like to respond with something like "you think Paxton is more conservative than George P Bush?  They are both RINOs being drug to the left by that Yankee Trump" and then text a photo of Trump and Epstein or Trump and the Clintons.

No human will ever see that message (probably), but it would be funny if they did.

• Like 1

“In the intervening years, Paxton has drawn new scrutiny after eight of this top deputies accused him in 2020 of allegedly abusing his office to help a wealthy donor, Nate Paul, resist an earlier FBI investigation of the developer. 

Both federal probes continue, with investigators in recent months collecting Paul’s business records and asking how the developer might have been paying Paxton, according to people familiar with the matter who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing.”

https://apnews.com/article/2022-midterm-elections-dallas-houston-ken-paxton-62273089acc4feb70dd64349bc398f5d

Edited by wreckatx

1 hour ago, Saint Austin said:

I did my part today, but I have a bad feeling that Paxton will sail to the nomination yet again.

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

Of course he is going to.  It hasn't been in doubt for months.

Should I even bother?  I wasn't planning on it.

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

Of course he is going to.  It hasn't been in doubt for months.

This.  He wins handily.  The race will be called as soon as the early voting is counted.  Because being a batshit insane over-the-top MAGA crooked piece of shit is the ideal for GQP voters.  They want a government made up of ONLY Ken Paxtons.  He's not an outlier.  He's the archetype.

• Rage+1 1

14 minutes ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

I thought this was already filed and pending??  (and just another thing coming to nothing)

I don't think Paxton will be able to play venue and conflict of interest games with the SBOT as he has with Collin County.

Under the current disciplinary rules, rather than go through a grievance committee and then ask for an evidentiary hearing if you don't like the findings/sanctions, you have the immediate choice to do one or the other once probable cause has been found.  Both he and Sid Powell have chosen the district court route.  The Disciplinary Counsel does not fuck around and is probably likelier to seek and obtain harsher sanctions than a grievance committee.

The previous reportage was that Paxton had been notified that just cause existed and he had the choice to have it adjudicated by the grievance committee or in district court. He has made his election and the suit has been filed.

That said, I don't think this is a disbarable offense as pled.

Edited by TwiceHorn

SCOTX quietly granted Paxton’s petition for review on Friday, meaning that at least three of them think that his tyrannical, baseless argument that the Whistleblower Act does not apply to reports or illegal conduct by elected officials actually needs to be examined. The court also issued a ruling in another Whistleblower Act case last week to which Justice Blacklock wrote a dissenting opinion parts of which read like they were copied straight from Paxton’s briefing in the OAG case. Everything is fucked.

https://twitter.com/chucklindell/status/1530570147949314050?s=21

Edited by wreckatx
  • Rage+1 3

R voters are either uninformed or bootlicking chumps. One, or the other.

As it is Memorial Day, I think I know what our fallen soldiers, those who gave the last full measure of devotion to a nation founded on the rule of law, would say to them. And you do, too.

Edited by Willfully Horn

• 2 weeks later...
19 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

And cold-blooded as hell.  If a Democrat said this, the Republicans would be losing their shit.

Also, top law enforcement official in Texas says and I quote, "We can't stop bad people from doing bad things."  Guess that's it for his career then. Abolish all the laws.

Also, top law enforcement official in Texas says and I quote, "We can't stop bad people from doing bad things."  Guess that's it for his career then. Abolish all the laws.
Yeah, but what he's really saying is "none of YOU can stop ME from doing whatever the fuck I want to do."
  • Rage+1 1

• 2 weeks later...