Tell me about Florida

George Clooney

6 hours ago, Gengs1 said:

Qb will still be a clusterfuck, don’t trust franks so going to be interesting season.

Apparently he has "figured it out" and "gained confidence" but I don't buy it. The dude was a mental midget when I watched games last year. I was right behind the Gator bench watching him walk off the field after getting sacked on 3rd and 6 in the 4th quarter. Zero pressure the first 6 seconds, dude running over the middle wide open. He got flustered, sacked, and walked off the field talking to no one, took off his helmet, grabbed a gatoraid and just stared off into the distance while drinking it. The dude ain't got too many neurons firing. 

On 8/15/2018 at 3:51 AM, Gengs1 said:

Qb will still be a clusterfuck, don’t trust franks so going to be interesting season.

it seems like it's been like that every year for the Gators except for the years the Tebow was there... Of course I'm speaking post Spurrier as head coach, he had the offense running like a well-oiled machine...

4 hours ago, kopp0e said:

it seems like it's been like that every year for the Gators except for the years the Tebow was there... Of course I'm speaking post Spurrier as head coach, he had the offense running like a well-oiled machine...

I think Dan will fix the offense, just not sure it will be with these qbs, it’s gonna take him some time 

4 hours ago, Loco said:

Meanwhile, UCF has never beaten the Gata...like ever.  It's so cute that they want to be relevant.

Well, the Knights are the "underground" national champions..! That is, (of the G5 anyway), it's about the same as UNT wanting to be on the same level of Texas...

On 8/18/2018 at 12:20 PM, TBGFL said:

Emory Jones? He's quite the project.

Yea he is a project, Dan has been taking some projects and gets them there. I think the offense will be run heavy, they will use Franks/Trask to run the ball. The videos that they showed has them tucking the ball and running at LBs

Why the fuck do we need a thread about florida....ill tell ya about florida

They won their first championship over 140 years after they were founded for "the flagship"
Miami and FSU punk them and they never would have won 2008 if common sense was a attribute in the championship system

• Like 1

I don’t want anything. But it is fun to remind my Gator wife and her fiends that gata didn’t do anything Texas didn’t do that year - won all but one of their games and beat ou by 10 on a neutral field.

Oh actually they did do something different - the ridiculous speech.

Gata doesn’t like hearing that. And I get it. But it is what it is.

• 5 months later...
19 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Gators may need new DC......

Cincinnati Bengals: The defensive coordinator search has narrowed to focus on Florida defensive coordinator Todd Grantham, Ian Rapoporttweets. Rap adds that Grantham is back in the Bengals building today.

False alarm....... Grantham staying at Florida and received a raise ($1.8 mill) thru 2022.

https://www.secrant.com/florida-sports/florida-dc-todd-grantham-will-remain-with-the-gators/82016987/

• 2 weeks later...

The practical effect of those extra-early games is that the participants get more sanctioned teaching/practice time throughout the season. They get to start fall camp early, then also work during their schedule's off-weeks. Everybody covets bowl game appearances because of the extra weeks of teaching/practice. This is the same thing, only just for one week. Still, it's got to  help.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://247sports.com/college/florida/Article/Florida-Gators-Football-UFs-spring-game-attendance-figure-was-an-elaborate-UGA-troll-131249742/

But 39,476, the announced attendance from Saturday's game? It took almost 72 hours for anyone to figure out exactly what that one meant. Mullen even played it off after the game when asked about it by reporters.

"I’ll let you guys figure it out," he said. "You guys think about it and get back to me."

Completely confused, the reporter finally conceded there was no meaning to the number and Mullen seemed OK letting it slide at that. On Monday, though, a particularly savvy Internet sleuth on the r/FloridaGators Reddit page came up with the answer. 39,476?

It's been 39 years since Georgia last won a national title. The Bulldogs have played 476 games since reaching the pinnacle of college football achievement.

On 3/20/2019 at 5:10 PM, Machinator said:

It happened.

I'm so glad we've not gone the route of playing neutral site games save the shoot-out in Dallas on a regular basis.  I'd be kind of pissed I were an Alum and most of all a business person in some of these college towns who might miss out on a good weekend  of sales thanks to the brain trusts at  these schools doing  neutral site matchups.   While the cash infusion in a place  Miami Gardens  and the surrounding area might to be  not be a big deal because they have so much other stuff going on,   It would be felt in Gainesville.   Likewise when UGA and UF cede their rivalry  game to Jacksonville.   Who else?  Oh Arky and aggy to Jerryworld is another one.  

Edited by Nueces River Rat

• 2 weeks later...
Uh no. UF has won a national championship since WWII, in fact they have 3. aggy has 0.  UF has 2 basketball national titles this century.  aggy has never won a basketball national championship.  UF has won a national championship in baseball. aggy never has.
UF may be the inferior in-state program to FSU, but they are nothing like aggy. aggy is a special level of incompetence.
I repeat UF IS aggy.

You wankers seem to think FSU is aggy but they started as a girls school not aggy. UF is aggy. Sheesh.

This is a good summary.  Very similar in academics, athletics and perception as the best school in a big state.  Very different from a Location standpoint.  Gainesville wouldn’t exist without UF.  FSU is similar from a location standpoint and that is all.   FSU is on par with UH for all other metrics. 

Johnson & Wales and Embrey Riddle are both better schools than Gaytor.