Tell me about Florida

George Clooney

On 5/7/2019 at 12:36 AM, MrPhlegm said:
On 4/22/2018 at 12:13 AM, TKthunder2 said:
AKA America’s Penis

LIMP penis.

2 hours ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

Zavala’s gonna get buttfucked by a shrimp boat captain...

twice.

you sly ol’ bottom you.

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bb04efd6a2d5e41a741

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Source: Tim Brewster leaving UNC for Florida

By Doug Samuels     February 6, 2020

TimBrewster.jpg?fit=1280,720&ssl=1

Sources tell FootballScoop that Tim Brewster is leaving the North Carolina staff for a position at Florida.  Brewster served as Mack Brown’s assistant head coach / tight ends coach this past season and previously worked with Mack during his first tenure in Chapel Hill, and then again for a few seasons at Texas.  We were told UNC gave him a raise in connection with Texas A&M’s interest in hiring him just a few weeks back. But Brewster is now heading to Gainesville.

A well traveled college assistant with a few seasons in the NFL, Brewster has coached as an assistant at Purdue, UNC, Texas, Mississippi State, Florida State, and Texas A&M and served as the head coach at Minnesota from 2007-10 where he went 15-30. He had two stops in the NFL working with the tight ends for the Broncos and Chargers after his time leading the Minnesota program.

https://footballscoop.com/news/source-tim-brewster-leaving-unc-for-florida/

Edited by LTtxfan

• 5 months later...

Recently asked a coworker of mine, who is a Miami grad, which team he hates more, UF or FSU. To quote him, "I hate Florida more because they have a chance to play Miami every year and choose not to. They would rather schedule an FCS team over our kids."

With that being said, I'm curious. Why doesn't Florida play Miami every year? @Gatorubet @Loco and any other UF grads/fans please explain why.

Recently asked a coworker of mine, who is a Miami grad, which team he hates more, UF or FSU. To quote him, "I hate Florida more because they have a chance to play Miami every year and choose not to. They would rather schedule an FCS team over our kids."
With that being said, I'm curious. Why doesn't Florida play Miami every year? [mention=700]Gatorubet[/mention] [mention=624]Loco[/mention] and any other UF grads/fans please explain why.

Because nobody should be subjected to their so-called fan base, or their stadium. Also, not much to gain playing them. Don’t ever want to play them at shitty Orlando again. Jesus, last year was an unpleasant trip.

We like them sinking into shitty obscurity.

Also, we sure as shit aren’t losing a home game money event on them - and they want to be treated as equals.

Fuck them.
  • Like 2

With that being said, I'm curious. Why doesn't Florida play Miami every year? [mention=700]Gatorubet[/mention] [mention=624]Loco[/mention] and any other UF grads/fans please explain why.

Tell him their shitty stadium and fan base don’t exactly help their cause. You may recall that Texas and Florida have a future home and home scheduled, so it’s not we are scared of the Canes. If we are going to play an out of conference in state game every year it’s going to be against half ass U. Very little upside playing Miami annually.
  • Like 2

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...
7 hours ago, Helobious said:

That hire will be a disaster. Not sure how many more G5 to P5 failures you need to see (oh but Urban!!!). Their recruiting class right now is a joke and there’s no recovering from a class that bad. Napier will be fired in 3 years.

A lot of Florida fans are on cloud 9 about this hire.  They understand it's a rebuild, and think that they now have a "Young Saban" as their Head Coach 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Helobious said:

That hire will be a disaster. Not sure how many more G5 to P5 failures you need to see (oh but Urban!!!). Their recruiting class right now is a joke and there’s no recovering from a class that bad. Napier will be fired in 3 years.

I think we will all agree that Mullen needed to be fired.  There was really zero chance of salvaging him.

Aside from Napier, who would have taken the job?  Folks like Fickell, Cristobal, Kiffin, Aranda, and Mark Stoops were named, but who would have taken on the rebuild?  AND, many of those folks got extensions/raises at the beginning of the carousel.

UF invested heavily in this.  Over the next 7 years: $51mm for Napier, $53mm for assistants, $35mm for additional staff.  If they fire Napier early, he will get 85% of his remaining contract with zero offsets.

Napier had only 1 signature win against a top-25 team (2020 Iowa) and did not have any bad losses in his final three years.  Most of the other G5 up-and-comers have a few stinkers in there.

Who should they have gotten that might have been better?  And would it have been better?

48 minutes ago, boilerhorn said:

I think we will all agree that Mullen needed to be fired.  There was really zero chance of salvaging him.

Aside from Napier, who would have taken the job?  Folks like Fickell, Cristobal, Kiffin, Aranda, and Mark Stoops were named, but who would have taken on the rebuild?  AND, many of those folks got extensions/raises at the beginning of the carousel.

UF invested heavily in this.  Over the next 7 years: $51mm for Napier, $53mm for assistants, $35mm for additional staff.  If they fire Napier early, he will get 85% of his remaining contract with zero offsets.

Napier had only 1 signature win against a top-25 team (2020 Iowa) and did not have any bad losses in his final three years.  Most of the other G5 up-and-comers have a few stinkers in there.

Who should they have gotten that might have been better?  And would it have been better?

Kiffin would have taken that job in a heartbeat but I can see why the UF administration wouldn’t want him. 

• 2 weeks later...

Napier going after a decent staff...

22 HOURS AGO       ZACH GOODALL

Analysis of the Florida Gators Reported Next Set of Coaching Hires

Billy Napier will reportedly bring a handful of NFL assistants and accomplished college coaches, both on the field and on the recruiting trail, to the Florida Gators in his next wave of hirings.

Not long before the Gasparilla Bowl kicked off on Thursday night, it was reported that Billy Napier's Florida Gators are poised to hire a handful of well-qualified assistants to round out his initial UF coaching staff.

Barring any setbacks over the next two weeks and change, Florida is expected to hire New York Giants offensive line coach Rob Sale and Minnesota Vikings defensive backs coach Karl Scott, according to FootballScoop. 

The Athletic also reported on Thursday that Napier is also pursuing Los Angeles Rams defensive line coach Eric Henderson.

In addition, FootballScoop reported that Napier has been in discussions with Chicago Bears defensive line coach Chris Rumph about joining the staff and has targeted Auburn director of football operations Josh Thompson for an elevated off-field staff position.

Most if not all of these potential hirings are expected to be made official after the conclusion of the 2021 NFL season. FootballScoop and The Athletic reported conflicting expected positions for several coaches, so we'll try to make sense of where each coach could fit in below.

Which positions could each potential hire coach?

Sale is expected to fill an "elevated offensive assistant role" that will include an influence on schemes, per FootballScoop, seemingly the offensive coordinator position although Napier intends to call plays. This is a logical fit as Sale was the offensive coordinator/offensive line coach alongside Napier, who called plays, at Louisiana from 2018-20.

Scott, meanwhile, could earn the label of co-defensive coordinator/outside linebackers coach, via FootballScoop, although The Athletic reported that Scott will be the co-DC/inside linebackers coach. Scott has coached defensive backs for the majority of his career, but previously coached the linebacker unit as a whole at Southeastern Louisiana from 2012-13. 

Patrick Toney (co-DC/safeties) and Corey Raymond (assistant head coach-defense/cornerbacks) have already been hired as defensive backs coaches, forcing Scott to work with a different position than he's coached recently should he officially join the staff. Regardless, he will work alongside Toney as co-DC.

Henderson will be Florida's next defensive line coach, according to The Athletic. This is also a logical fit, as Henderson has mentored the NFL's best defensive lineman in Aaron Donald for the last three years. Donald earned the NFL's Defensive Player of the Year Award in 2020 with Henderson's coaching and is in the midst of a six-year First-Team All-Pro run.

With only one spot remaining to fill should these hires go through, and should Rumph decide to join Napier's staff, he would be left to coach whichever linebackers position Scott doesn't take. It is worth noting that Rumph has coached outside linebackers in six of his 24 years as a coach, but never worked with inside linebackers.

Or, perhaps, Napier would elect to split the defensive line coaching position in two, pairing Rumph with Henderson and awarding Scott the entire linebacker room. In this case, the positions would likely be split into defensive ends/edge rushers and interior defensive linemen, and both Henderson and Rumph are qualified to coach both units. This is in theory as Napier has been very thorough in creating job titles.

As mentioned above, Thompson is being targeted for an off-field role. Thompson has college (Auburn) and limited pro football playing experience and previously was the director of recruiting at Arkansas, as well as the director of recruiting and football logistics under Napier at Louisiana in 2018. He was also a player personnel assistant at Texas A&M in 2017.

Get to know the potential new on-field hires

Rob Sale

Sale was a three-year starting offensive lineman at LSU during his Tigers career (1998-2002) before joining the coaching ranks in 2006. He quickly made a jump to Alabama where he served as a strength and conditioning assistant and offensive analyst for the Crimson Tide from 2007-11, working with Napier under head coach Nick Saban in 2011.

Since, Sale has made his way across the country, primarily as an offensive line coach but also in the occasional coordinator role. He's spent time with McNeese State (2012-14), Georgia (2015), Louisiana-Monroe (2016), Arizona State (2017, with Napier), Louisiana (2018-20, with Napier) and the New York Giants (2021), coaching in an on-field role with each team.

Sale developed two Louisiana offensive linemen into 2020 NFL Draft picks, that being Robert Hunt (Miami Dolphins, second round) and Kevin Dotson (Pittsburgh Steelers, fourth round).

Karl Scott 

Scott jumped around several smaller colleges in Louisiana before making a jump to the Power 5, first coaching defensive backs at Texas Tech from 2016-17. 

Scott's performance with the Red Raiders earned him a job on Saban's Alabama Staff as the Crimson Tide's defensive backs coach in 2018 and solely cornerbacks coach from 2019-20, before joining the pros with the Minnesota Vikings this season in the same position. Scott has never worked with Napier personally, but the two own a connection through Saban.

During his time at Alabama, in particular, Scott emerged as an ace assistant at the college level. Scott oversaw the development of eventual defensive back draft picks for the Crimson Tide in safety Deionte Thomspon (2019 fifth round, Arizona Cardinals), safety Xavier McKinney (2020 second round, New York Giants), cornerback Trevon Diggs (2020 second round, Dallas Cowboys), and cornerback Patrick Surtain (2021 first round, Denver Broncos).

Scott proved himself to be an elite recruiter for Alabama, as well. He played a part in the Crimson Tide landing four consensus five-star prospects and 12 consensus top-100 players out of high school, among many other recruits. Surtain, Tommy Brockermeyer, Jordan Battle, Kool-Aid McKinstry, Brian Branch, and Jojo Earle were recruited to Alabama in part if not fully by Scott, just to name a few prospects.

Eric Henderson

Henderson has held the position of defensive line coach for the Los Angeles Rams for three years now, working with not only the NFL's best defensive lineman in recent memory in Donald but also former Florida edge rusher Dante Fowler Jr., Michael Brockers, and other disruptive trench men.

Donald contemplated skipping organized training activities in 2019, rightfully so for a player of his caliber, but told media that he elected to attend because he had already grown to enjoy working with Henderson.

“[Henderson's] definitely a guy – once I saw the drills, after I got to talk to him and get to pick his brain a little bit – he’s a big reason why I wanted to continue to learn and I felt like what he was teaching me could benefit me and help me a whole lot as far as improving my game," Donald said in 2019. "It’s like I always say, I want to get better, and that’s what I’ve got to do. Listen to coach and work it.”

Henderson was snatched by the Rams after two years nearby with the Los Angeles Chargers, where he was the assistant defensive line coach and worked with Pro Bowl edge rusher Joey Bosa and other contributors such as Melvin Ingram and Corey Liuget.

Henderson's college coaching experience is limited to five years in the ranks, including three as a graduate assistant at Oklahoma State (2013-15). But Henderson's productive college career at Georgia Tech, time playing in the pros, and experience coaching some of the NFL's most dominant defensive linemen makes him an incredible addition to Napier's staff regardless.

Chris Rumph

This wouldn't be Rumph's first Gainesville rodeo should he elect to join Napier's staff, as Rumph served as the Gators' defensive line coach from 2015-16 and was promoted to co-defensive coordinator in 2017 during Jim McElwain's final season as Florida's head coach. Disappointing as that season may have been, Rumph developed defensive tackle Taven Bryan into a 2018 first-round pick (Jacksonville Jaguars) that year while Cece Jefferson and Jabari Zuniga each had productive campaigns, too. 

Rumph was Zachary Carter's primary recruiter to UF as well, and Carter is about to become an NFL Draft pick himself.

Florida isn't the only powerhouse school that Rumph worked for before jumping to the pros in 2020, spending time at Clemson (2006-10), Alabama (2011-13), Texas (2014), and Tennessee (2018-19) before one-year stints with the Houston Texans (2020) and the Chicago Bears (2021).

Working as the defensive line or outside linebackers coach at each stop, Rumph has lent his hand in developing the likes of the late Gaines Adams, Da'Quan Bowers, Courtney Upshaw, A'Shawn Robinson, Jonathan Allen, Hassan Ridgeway, Malcolm Brown, Jonathan Bullard, Caleb Brantley, Jonathan Greenard (in the NFL), and countless other players.

AllGators projected on-field Florida coaching staff

Based on the reported expected hirings paired with coaches that have already officially joined the staff in an announced role.

*denotes officially hired

HC/co-OC/QB: Billy Naper*

RB/AHC-offense: Jabaar Juluke*

WR: Keary Colbert*

TE: William Peagler*

OL/co-OC: Rob Sale

Assistant OL: Darnell Stapleton*

DL: Eric Henderson

OLB: Chris Rumph

ILB/co-DC: Karl Scott 

CB/AHC-defense: Corey Raymond*

S/co-DC: Patrick Toney*

• 3 weeks later...

Bailey hired as senior director of player relations and GatorMade

By    Ethan Hughes   January 14, 2022

Billy Napier has hired Savannah Bailey as the Gators’ senior director of player relations and GatorMade.

GatorMade is “a holistic player-focused and purpose-driven initiative that develops each Gators football team member during their tenure at Florida and beyond.”

The GatorMade program will serve as an extension of the resources and experiences offered to all athletes through the Hawkins Center.

The GatorMade staff will also consist of Senior Director of Player Development and Alumni Relations Vernell Brown and Director of Player Engagement and NIL Marcus Castro-Walker. Collectively, they will support and challenge the entire football team and connect with former UF football players for “opportunities of celebration and growth.”

Bailey, a Columbia, Tennessee, native, graduated from the University of Tennessee with a bachelor’s degree in microbiology in 2016, and she earned a Master of Education degree in Student Affairs/Counseling from Clemson University in 2019. She is currently pursuing a Doctorate of Philosophy degree in education leadership at Clemson.

She spent the last five seasons at Clemson as the director of life skills and community service with the Tigers’ P.A.W. Journey program. In this position, she helped develop football players through daily mentoring, civic engagement, service-learning and life skills acquisition.

Bailey’s role at Florida will consist of creating and implementing opportunities for leadership and professional development of football players.