Tell me about Florida

George Clooney

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, Clintonaldo said:

What is going on down there

3b0d851968bb7e8b239a23d2f41f669e.png

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I guarantee if it is proven they had guns on campus, nevermind pulled them out, those boys will be gone...  and Mullen or the athletic dept won't have shit to say about it.  I notice the article says "weapons" it'll be interesting to find out what those "weapons" were (skateboard, umbrella, bike lock etc...) . Hell I got dragged before honor court for having a bottle of wine in the dorm during a date. 

(protip: if your date agrees to have a dinner date in your dorm room, you don't need the wine, or the dinner for that matter)

Edited by Loco

I guarantee if it is proven they had guns on campus, nevermind pulled them out, those boys will be gone...  and Mullen or the athletic dept won't have shit to say about it.  I notice the article says "weapons" it'll be interesting to find out what those "weapons" were (skateboard, umbrella, bike lock etc...) . Hell I got dragged before honor court for having a bottle of wine in the dorm during a date. 
(protip: if your date agrees to have a dinner date in your dorm room, you don't need the wine, or the dinner for that matter)

I have heard it was a BB gun and frying pan. No kidding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did a little digging around...  this is the best news/spin I could find...  your mileage may vary...  

1. "pretty misleading headline from First Coast News.

The story goes on to detail the police report which tells a story of a local gambler bringing some friends to confront football players at their dorm. It says the gambler used to be friends with C'yontai Lewis but Lewis doesn't associate with him anymore.

Says the players left then came back and Toney had an air-soft gun then broke up when they heard sirens.

It goes on to say that the police were having trouble believing the gambler's reports of what happened and no one of the players were being charged with anything."

2. "spoke with the parent of one of the players involved who said the following:

"I spoke with him and they are all going to be okay! No actions are pending. I called him as soon as I saw the article. The guys spoke with the coach already and it's been resolved."

So basically, what it seems like; everyone is a little gun-shy with the Watkins news and making news out of something that wasn't a big deal and a completely different situation.

If you read the police report details in the story it makes it pretty clear that the players were standing together to try to diffuse a situation of someone who was bad news waiting on them at their dorm."

3. "Just got off the phone with another parent. Here's what they were able to tell me:

"They [the players] were all on campus at one of the players dorms watching a game or something. And those guys [the local gambler and his friends] came on campus. So [the players] had seen [the gambler] on campus earlier but the guy looked familiar to them because they had seen them at the club before. But he don't know why they came to the dorm at them. He said the police came and questioned [the players] and tried to see how they know these guys [the local gambler and friends].

They all met with Coach Mullen. He said they don't know why...this happened way back in May. Ain't nobody in trouble, ain't nobody did nothing wrong, I don't know why they bringing it up now. He said I don't know why all of a sudden now. I said probably because you're little teammate got arrested again.""

6 minutes ago, Clintonaldo said:

I have heard it was a BB gun and frying pan. No kidding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PUBG simulator?   Just fucking stupid for anyone to have a gun on campus at any Florida school.  Shit is still pretty raw over Stoneman

31 minutes ago, Loco said:

PUBG simulator?   Just fucking stupid for anyone to have a gun on campus at any Florida school.  Shit is still pretty raw over Stoneman

A Mexican friend of mine got rung up for having a gun and white powder in his room right after VaTech. Of course it turned out to be an airsoft gun and protein shake mix, but he still got a solid day at the station and a whole lot of "we're gonna take your visa for this".

On 7/25/2018 at 8:18 PM, Clintonaldo said:

What is going on down there

Mullen having to get rid of the Zook tier trash that McElwain left him. The dude ran off the only QB the Gators ever had from the past 6 or 8 years, Will Grier. 

Can't wait, the next 2 or 3 years is going to get really fun in the Swamp.

Bill Connelly previews Florida: https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/8/2/17572518/florida-football-2018-preview-schedule-roster

In Mullen’s first season at MSU, he brought a spark to a moribund offense and improved the Bulldogs from 95th to 33rd in S&P+. They improved from four wins to merely five because of some tight losses and a brutal schedule, but by year two, MSU was 9-4 and 26th.

Moribund offense? Check. Taking over a four-win team? Check. If nothing else, this feels familiar for Mullen.

SEC media picked Florida third in the East, which is fine as a splitting-the-difference pick. To me, either Mullen takes root and the Gators ride a hot start to second in the East, or this proves a Year Zero situation and UF ends up fifth or sixth.

S&P+ projects the Gators 32nd overall and favors them in eight games, with a ninth (LSU) a relative tossup. But home games against UK, Mizzou, and South Carolina, plus road trips to Tennessee and Vanderbilt, are extremely losable if last year’s primary issues — horrible passing game, big plays on defense — prove too deeply set.

I expect Mullen to eventually achieve at least a top-15 level. But Florida is a total mystery this year.

Mullen laying down the law early... Apparently a WR's loaded AR-15 does not contradict his 'no weapons' policy

“No weapons allowed,” receiver Josh Hammond said. “That’s been our policy since coach Mullen got here.”

Mullen said “It’s a no-weapons policy in certain situations of how to be educated to not have (issues)...No weapons, that’s easy to remember. If I write out all the different (scenarios)—no weapons in these situations or have a weapon for a hunting situation, if I’m doing this, I store it at this location, I keep it here, I have gun safety rules and knowledge—that’s not a quick catch to them to register in their mind. Does that make sense?”

https://deadspin.com/dan-mullens-no-weapons-policy-allows-florida-players-1828071212

yeah, he had a really shitty presser yesterday.  The Urbs stuff had him on the back foot, and he is corch at UF which is smack dab in the middle of gun nut country while also a very liberal school.   His whole press conference was tense and uncomfortable.   I don't know whats going on on campus (and with FL law) but when I was at UF, you could not have a gun on campus period, full stop.  Not even a part of a gun.   But I can see, as he stated, he has kids old enough to own guns, and if they live off campus (or maybe even on campus) its legal.

Personally I think the campus should be gun free and off campus you can do whatever within the law...  Except go to GNC (looking at you Greir)

Apparently the Watkins nonsens got started over Instagram likes smdh

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/domestic-battery-by-ex-gator-justin-watkins-started-after-anger-over-instagram-likes-by-teammate/

You can call me old (I’m 33) but I don’t get this, and I’m happier for it. If not emphasized enough, bullet dodged 

yeah, he had a really shitty presser yesterday.  The Urbs stuff had him on the back foot, and he is corch at UF which is smack dab in the middle of gun nut country while also a very liberal school.   His whole press conference was tense and uncomfortable.   I don't know whats going on on campus (and with FL law) but when I was at UF, you could not have a gun on campus period, full stop.  Not even a part of a gun.   But I can see, as he stated, he has kids old enough to own guns, and if they live off campus (or maybe even on campus) its legal.
Personally I think the campus should be gun free and off campus you can do whatever within the law...  Except go to GNC (looking at you Greir)

He was off campus so no laws were broken, gun was his, wasn’t carried on his person in the vehicle, blah blah blah.

His statement to the police that he carried it for protection from the locals had me scratching my head though. We’re bad fans even when we’re winning, don’t think we’re quite that bad though.

17 minutes ago, OrangEngr said:

Apparently the Watkins nonsens got started over Instagram likes smdh

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/domestic-battery-by-ex-gator-justin-watkins-started-after-anger-over-instagram-likes-by-teammate/

You can call me old (I’m 33) but I don’t get this, and I’m happier for it. If not emphasized enough, bullet dodged 

Being a hothead dipshit transcends age

23 minutes ago, Flg8rfan said:

He was off campus so no laws were broken, gun was his, wasn’t carried on his person in the vehicle, blah blah blah.

His statement to the police that he carried it for protection from the locals had me scratching my head though. We’re bad fans even when we’re winning, don’t think we’re quite that bad though.

Have you ever been west or north or east or south of Gainesville?  I can see why a young black man would want some protection.  It ain't because of the frat bros...  It's the White Eagle Lounge & Gun range types (happy hour! half price drinks and ammo!) - I wish I was making this up...

Have you ever been west or north or east or south of Gainesville?  I can see why a young black man would want some protection.  It ain't because of the frat bros...  It's the White Eagle Lounge & Gun range types (happy hour! half price drinks and ammo!) - I wish I was making this up...

Yes, I grew up in Gainesville and still live here. I travel all over the state, country, and world for work. I have spent months in Houston, weeks in dalllas, San Antonio, Austin , corpus, and a really shitty one in a dry county in Texas (Tyler?). Actually enjoy people in Texas, no complaints except for traffic.

Yeah there’s bad places in Gainesville, there’s some really bad areas in surrounding counties depending on the color of your skin (that goes both ways). Gainesville is a very liberal city, does racism exist, sure—exists everywhere.

Have you been here?

What do you think?
newavatar_zpszixjlptd.jpg
89-93
This is my avatar...  can't upload for some reason

Lol, we probably were at the same party’s. Moved here in 78 when I was 6. Never left.

Yeah, there’s bad areas, Gainesville has changed a lot since then.

I lived across from the DEATH WALL on 34th.... After the Gainesville killer, it was really easy to pick up chicks.....

Yep, girls were ready to not sleep alone during that time. That was a dark, dark spot here. Was surrounded by cops with guns drawn trying to snag a banner off a fence.

You would be surprised of the changes going on here

On 7/26/2018 at 7:06 AM, Loco said:

I thought it was dinner and a movie.   By dinner I meant sex, by movie I meant film it.  

I was on campus last year, got lost west of the O'Dome...  So many things have changed... RIP Skeeters, Joe's, Leonardo's, Burrito Bros, etc...   He'll my old dorm (Rawlings) has AC now....   fucking pussies!

Yup. It’s changed. Skeeters has been a much missed establishment for 20 years. They moved to downtown and promptly went out of business.

36 minutes ago, Flg8rfan said:

During the Gainesville murders, if you were male, had a place for them to sleep, you got laid.

Our recollections from that time are very different...  pussy was on panic lockdown.  I (along with my 4 other guy housemates) had 9 girls sleeping at the house....  no one got laid.   Just a fucking horrible time...  nothing good came of that....  with the lone possible exception that I meet the guy that got the scholarship to keep the dead students names painted on the death wall...  

i like to to think of being hammered at 3am, in Skeeters singing puff the magic dragon with 200 strangers...  oh the big biscuit.

• Like 1

Our recollections from that time are very different...  pussy was on panic lockdown.  I (along with my 4 other guy housemates) had 9 girls sleeping at the house....  no one got laid.   Just a fucking horrible time...  nothing good came of that....  with the lone possible exception that I meet the guy that got the scholarship to keep the dead students names painted on the death wall...  

i like to to think of being hammered at 3am, in Skeeters singing puff the magic dragon with 200 strangers...  oh the big biscuit.

I grew up here so I probably had better ties. If interested, next time you’re here I’ll buy you a beer.

3 am singing and eating at skeeters was part of the experience,

• 2 weeks later...