Tell me about Florida

George Clooney

They're similar in that they're both good academic schools, although I can't imagine they're similar in many other ways. I've been a casual fan of theirs ever since I was a kid, simply because alligators are my favorite animal. 

They're down to 3 scholarship QB's at the moment, and they all largely suck. I think Mullen will get the team better though. People forget they've still won the SEC East 2 out of the last 3 years. 

• Like 1

They're similar in that they're both good academic schools, although I can't imagine they're similar in many other ways. I've been a casual fan of theirs ever since I was a kid, simply because alligators are my favorite animal. 
They're down to 3 scholarship QB's at the moment, and they all largely suck. I think Mullen will get the team better though. People forget they've still won the SEC East 2 out of the last 3 years. 
Not with Georgia cheating their asses off

1 minute ago, Helobious said:

Yeah I was not impressed with Franks when I watched one of their games last year. 

Current gator here, I can attest to our poor qb play over the past few years (damn you Will Grier!). Watching the gator offense over the past few years has been like going clubbing with your friends and seeing your crush make out with a douchey frat star.   

7 hours ago, de(d) said:

Have you ever had the luxury of having a coherent thought? 

Watch it you Florida dipshit Tebow cocksucker. Phlegm may be an incoherent maniac, but he's OUR incoherent maniac.

Anyway, back to the OP--

Unlike the extreme distaste, bordering on revulsion, I feel for those tomahawk chopping inbreds in Tallahassee, my feelings about uf can basically be summed up thusly:

Meh

Pumped for this year.

They are very similar to Texas in some ways, big school, big money, good medical school, great in all areas of academics. Awesome athletics, not just football. Great brand, lots of people that dont go to Florida rock the clothes and worship the team. All lesser than Texas, but its the premiere school in Florida. 

I will say they are way more fierce against their rivals, Georgia and FSU than us against blowU. Their tailgates are more crazy, and the town/tailgate is WAY better situated near the stadium. Lots of shade and grassy areas to party right near the stadium, their whole campus is awesome really. Walking distance from house parties. They dont have a real city nearby or a big bar scene like we have. 

All in all, very comparitive. I was a Florida fan since childhood but went to Texas. I go to 1 or 2 Gator games a year and they have been pretty fun even in losses. Thank God I went to LSU instead of aggy last year. Miserable uniforms and a loss against those bums. Cant wait for jumpman to get the uniforms back to being awesome.

• Like 1

Pumped for this year.
They are very similar to Texas in some ways, big school, big money, good medical school, great in all areas of academics. Awesome athletics, not just football. Great brand, lots of people that dont go to Florida rock the clothes and worship the team. All lesser than Texas, but its the premiere school in Florida. 
I will say they are way more fierce against their rivals, Georgia and FSU than us against blowU. Their tailgates are more crazy, and the town/tailgate is WAY better situated near the stadium. Lots of shade and grassy areas to party right near the stadium, their whole campus is awesome really. Walking distance from house parties. They dont have a real city nearby or a big bar scene like we have. 
All in all, very comparitive. I was a Florida fan since childhood but went to Texas. I go to 1 or 2 Gator games a year and they have been pretty fun even in losses. Thank God I went to LSU instead of aggy last year. Miserable uniforms and a loss against those bums. Cant wait for jumpman to get the uniforms back to being awesome.

Texas native, Florida fan, LSU alum...checks out
How are the Patriots looking for 2018?
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, MrPhlegm said:

Uf is aggy you fucking moron.

Uh no. UF has won a national championship since WWII, in fact they have 3. aggy has 0.  UF has 2 basketball national titles this century.  aggy has never won a basketball national championship.  UF has won a national championship in baseball. aggy never has.

UF may be the inferior in-state program to FSU, but they are nothing like aggy. aggy is a special level of incompetence.

• Like 1

Uh no. UF has won a national championship since WWII, in fact they have 3. aggy has 0.  UF has 2 basketball national titles this century.  aggy has never won a basketball national championship.  UF has won a national championship in baseball. aggy never has.
UF may be the inferior in-state program to FSU, but they are nothing like aggy. aggy is a special level of incompetence.
I think he meant that it is literally an ag school and thus not like UT.
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, de(d) said:

Have you ever had the luxury of having a coherent thought? 

2 hours ago, Ellellelle said:

Phlegm may be a drooling, annoying asshole but he's not dumb.

Edited by shakahorn

There was some truth to this (about 100 years ago) but as the premier school in the state (and the boys school, FSU was all girls until 1947,) it really morfed into the one size fits all. Hence the state leader in near about every program. (Minus female oriented specialties like music or some other art related bs specialty.)

You want to be a doctor, dentist, businessman, engineer, veterinarian military officer or lawyer, UF can make it happen. And usually better than any other school in Florida.
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, DallasGatr said:

There was some truth to this (about 100 years ago) but as the premier school in the state (and the boys school, FSU was all girls until 1947,) it really morfed into the one size fits all. Hence the state leader in near about every program. (Minus female oriented specialties like music or some other art related bs specialty.)

You want to be a doctor, dentist, businessman, engineer, veterinarian military officer or lawyer, UF can make it happen. And usually better than any other school in Florida.

obviously, spelling and grammar were taken out of the curriculum and shot down in the everglades decades ago...

• Like 1

On 4/20/2018 at 9:04 AM, Sidney Sherman said:

Pumped for this year.

This is a good summary.  Very similar in academics, athletics and perception as the best school in a big state.  Very different from a Location standpoint.  Gainesville wouldn’t exist without UF.  FSU is similar from a location standpoint and that is all.   FSU is on par with UH for all other metrics. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Wearing Js with non -basketball shorts is about as douchey as wearing them to prom night. 50 year old crackas should know better. 

Hey, I wear those with scrubs. And patients seem to like them possibly because I usually have a scalpel in my hand.

Mrs tbone is gata. They don't seem like aggy at all to me. Pretty much all of her friends from there that I have met are enjoyable normal people that "get it" - so pretty much the opposite of ridiculous delusional aggy.

Big school, good academics. Also, generally relevant in sports, at least for the last 30 years or so - also unlike aggy.

It'd be cool with me if my daughter wanted to go there.

The jorts are kind of an issue but it is Fla after all.

• Like 1

On 4/20/2018 at 12:49 PM, UT Lawnghorn said:

No dipshit, UF is aggy, the ag skool in Floriduh.

Their biggest achievement Gatorade was made by a LONGHORN. Their second biggest achievement FLORTAM st augustine grass was made with aggy. Their moron students do the gaytor chomp a verry aggy thing.

UF is aggy.

FSU is a girls skool.

Moron.

Mrs tbone is gata. They don't seem like aggy at all to me. Pretty much all of her friends from there that I have met are enjoyable normal people that "get it" - so pretty much the opposite of ridiculous delusional aggy.

Big school, good academics. Also, generally relevant in sports, at least for the last 30 years or so - also unlike aggy.

It'd be cool with me if my daughter wanted to go there.

The jorts are kind of an issue but it is Fla after all.
Best thing about aggyland east is in Micanopy

9ee2e5aa07c97716e55a02029a2ee445.jpg0c6a79fbb1dd685201734d506f7d4b43.jpg5d363df37c39539d91bb6fe059bb6175.jpg4acecdbf1e9681bf22fd1c086ef60dca.jpgb520f2aada8b1bedf413feb991def776.jpg

Orange Jack is the UF jizz jar.

Report: Florida's Callaway tested positive for marijuana at combine

https://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1533714

Florida receiver Antonio Callaway tested positive for marijuana at the NFL Scouting Combine in early March, NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports.
Callaway's agent attributes the positive test to a diluted sample and the player has told those close to him that he was merely overhydrated, Rapoport adds.
He led the Gators in receiving with 721 yards and three touchdowns in 2016, but spent the 2017 campaign off the field due to an investigation for credit card fraud. He was also cited for marijuana possession in May.

Formerly believed to be a potential first-round pick, the junior wideout is currently projected as a late-round selection.

Morf. Jesus Christ. Morf. In a post extolling the academic virtues of his alma mater. And I like Florida. But now morf will now join uphauling and all the other Shag/Surl lexicon.  

On 4/21/2018 at 1:49 AM, UT Lawnghorn said:

UF is better in almost every acedemic and athletic program then the clown college. 

In what way is uf inferior to FSU?

Right now our qbs are shit and I think they will be serviceable by fall

On 4/20/2018 at 12:49 PM, UT Lawnghorn said:

In what possible way?  Felons?  Circus classes? 

If you are talking about football, the Gata is just getting over it's Bustchampilwain years... give us a minute.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2018 at 2:04 AM, DallasGatr said:

After reading this post, my feelings on UF have morfed from "meh" to "gator chomping* idiots" or something near about that.

*Or whatever that stupid shit is called.

• Fuck You 1